Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

On 10/9/2024 at 12:45 PM, 49ersfan said:

Should i start Rashid Shaheed or Allen Lazard? Shaheed is better, but he has Haener as his QB instead of Carr. Rodgers & Lazard have a connection

My other WR's are Brandon Aiyuk (starting) & Tyreek Hill (bye week) 

I personally would drop Lazard and go pick up play Alec Pierce available in roughly 75-80 percent of leagues to start the week. If by some miracle Michael Wilson is still out there in your league by all means go grab him, if no wr available I would stick with the better talent in Shaheed

On 10/6/2024 at 6:35 AM, BillSabre said:

Easily benching Wilson doesn’t seem so easy to me. Also, let’s take Flacco out of the equation for a moment. Would you sit Mahomes in favor of Caleb with his much better matchup?? 

No I would not

Trying to decide for RB2 this week.

Options:

- Jerome Ford (@ Philly) I just don’t trust Cleveland offense right now even in a decent matchup.

- Antonio Gibson (vs Houston) No Rhamondre this week so primed for a bigger work load. First start for Maye so they could lean into the run.

- Tyler Allgeier (@ Carolina) great matchup and could get a lot of work if Atlanta gets a big lead early.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Edit: This was before James Cook said he would play this week. 

Edited by Haha21

1 hour ago, Haha21 said:

Trying to decide for RB2 this week.

Options:

- Jerome Ford (@ Philly) I just don’t trust Cleveland offense right now even in a decent matchup.

- Antonio Gibson (vs Houston) No Rhamondre this week so primed for a bigger work load. First start for Maye so they could lean into the run.

- Tyler Allgeier (@ Carolina) great matchup and could get a lot of work if Atlanta gets a big lead early.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Edit: This was before James Cook said he would play this week. 

I’d start Gibson regardless of Cook playing or not. 

On 10/11/2024 at 3:40 AM, vikes635 said:

I personally would drop Lazard and go pick up play Alec Pierce available in roughly 75-80 percent of leagues to start the week. If by some miracle Michael Wilson is still out there in your league by all means go grab him, if no wr available I would stick with the better talent in Shaheed

Best fantasy WR available atm are Tre Tucker, Rashod Bateman, & Jerry Jeudy. I think i'll start Shaheed & bench Lazard. Thanks for your advice! 

Also wanted to ask for RB; I have Tyrone Tracy, David Montgomery, Tony Pollard (flex) as well as Joe Mixon on the bench. Mixon was injured but now trending towards playing. Should i replace one of Tracy/Montgomery/Pollard with Mixon? Tracy balled out last week and i feel like he could be an ascending player

On 10/12/2024 at 4:05 PM, 49ersfan said:

Best fantasy WR available atm are Tre Tucker, Rashod Bateman, & Jerry Jeudy. I think i'll start Shaheed & bench Lazard. Thanks for your advice! 

Also wanted to ask for RB; I have Tyrone Tracy, David Montgomery, Tony Pollard (flex) as well as Joe Mixon on the bench. Mixon was injured but now trending towards playing. Should i replace one of Tracy/Montgomery/Pollard with Mixon? Tracy balled out last week and i feel like he could be an ascending player

I know this is after the fact, I wasn't on FF this weekend, out of town. Typically not match up specific I would go Mixon, Montgomery, Pollard, Tracy in that order, now if the game script suggested Tennessee was going to be down all game and or Giants would be passing all game I would consider flipping Tracy and Pollard as long as Singletary was not playing at all.  similar goes for Montgomery and Pollard. I was fairly confident Mixon was a go this week but wouldn't fault you for going Montgomery over him on situational basis. I hope this still helps.

On 10/11/2024 at 8:05 AM, BillSabre said:

Hahahaha….. a week later!! Caleb had the much better day, FWIW 

Start 2 PPR 

Godwin @ NO 

Olave vs TB 

McLaurin @ Balt 

Montgomery @ Dallas 

lol I didn't realize it was a week later until after I replied but I was referencing the advice on the current week know he just had a big game. I didn't think about the fact Bears play that night already so double whammy on my part lol

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Dak is on a bye.

I have D'Arnold as my backup qb but I'm considering picking up Trevor Lawrence.  Sam has the Lions and Trevor has the Patriots.  

I agree with @NYRaider. If you had them both on the roster, flip a coin, whatever. But no reason to burn a roster spot on a second QB just to choose between them. I prefer Darnold ROS, so you wouldn't cut Darnold for Lawrence in this game. 

Use the roster spot for something better. 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Start Spencer Rattler in the flex this week with Surtain out?

My options are Tracy, BTJ, Stevenson, Ford. Everybody is hurt or meh. I expect BtJ to get shut down by Gonzo

Most times I default to a QB in a superflex league, but this could be a rough situation. Sure, Rattler doesn't have to deal with Surtain, but he has no Olave and no Shaheed and no Taysom Hill, most likely. 

I think I'd probably go with Brian Thomas Jr / Stevenson depending on how the week shakes out.