GDT - Week 1 - Patriots w/ the Heat Check

Deadpulse

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I think the game plan stunk. This is Tua on the field. He stinks. You use a coveage defense without pressure.

I don't care what or how the Fins scored.   

Tua beat you he one of the worse QB in the NFL.  What happens when we face a real NFL QB.

You don't pressure him!!!! GMAFB!!!

you are certainly intitled to your opinion and I love your passion, but I don't think one on one coverage against Miami's WRs so you can blitz is a good idea.

The defense gave up 13 points.. i'll never complain about the defense if they are giving up that many points. That 4th down play before the half was awful but it wouldn't have changed the game so I won't complain about it too much. I want to see Marcus Jones, that's my only complaint personnel wise .. Tavai I expected to hate but I don't remember any major issues from him. 

This defense could have easily had 2 INT's and up to 3 fumble's recovered. 

- Jack Jones should have had an INT.. and if Myles Bryant doesn't get in the way McCourty probably could have had one too 

- It was either 2 or 3 fumbles the defense forced that went out of bounds or were recovered by Miami

if they get even one of those 5 potential TO's the game could have turned around.. but the Patriots didn't deserve to win this game with how bad the offense was. 

The offensive play calling wasn't awful.. other than Montgomery run on 3rd down.. but I can't even comment that much because Josh has done stuff like that plenty. 

Mac had a bad game .. this was a game that could have been stolen if he played at an elite level

- The strip sack i put on him as much as Brown.. great QB's feel that pressure / make changes before the snap to make sure that guys blocked

- Probably 3-5 terrible passes .. he missed that deep throw to Agholor which could have been a long TD and put them right back in the game.. 

- Even his TD was a bad throw.. Mongomery had to make a good catch and roll into the end zone

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

The defense gave up 13 points.. i'll never complain about the defense if they are giving up that many points. That 4th down play before the half was awful but it wouldn't have changed the game so I won't complain about it too much. I want to see Marcus Jones, that's my only complaint personnel wise .. Tavai I expected to hate but I don't remember any major issues from him. 

This defense could have easily had 2 INT's and up to 3 fumble's recovered. 

- Jack Jones should have had an INT.. and if Myles Bryant doesn't get in the way McCourty probably could have had one too 

- It was either 2 or 3 fumbles the defense forced that went out of bounds or were recovered by Miami

if they get even one of those 5 potential TO's the game could have turned around.. but the Patriots didn't deserve to win this game with how bad the offense was. 

The offensive play calling wasn't awful.. other than Montgomery run on 3rd down.. but I can't even comment that much because Josh has done stuff like that plenty. 

Mac had a bad game .. this was a game that could have been stolen if he played at an elite level

- The strip sack i put on him as much as Brown.. great QB's feel that pressure / make changes before the snap to make sure that guys blocked

- Probably 3-5 terrible passes .. he missed that deep throw to Agholor which could have been a long TD and put them right back in the game.. 

- Even his TD was a bad throw.. Mongomery had to make a good catch and roll into the end zone

I agree and would like to add that on the INT Parker has to be a farther from the sideline to give Jones more room to work with.

1 minute ago, jofos said:

I agree and would like to add that on the INT Parker has to be a farther from the sideline to give Jones more room to work with.

If this game is in Foxboro that's 100% DPI .. that was a homefield call imo 

I'm not a big fan of 50/50 balls in general though tbo.. I think it teaches QB's really bad habits. Especially if Parker is going to keep Bourne out of games all season I'm going to hate that trade. I like having Parker on the team, but I don't want him being a big focal point of the offense.. 

13 minutes ago, jofos said:

you are certainly intitled to your opinion and I love your passion, but I don't think one on one coverage against Miami's WRs so you can blitz is a good idea.

Well I'm not a expert with coverage schemes but you can blitz with some sort of zone coverage. This also goes further you take a damn OG based on athletic profile in the 1st RD with George Karlaftis (DE) Sill on the board!!!!

Tue had all week to throw when they did get pressure, he folded like a deck of cards.  You have a problem with covering WR???  Well welcome to the new NFL with each team with blazing speed. You can't cover them FIX IT. Last time I checked OG from Chatzooza can't create a pass rush. The biggest need in the NFL.

Here is a few OL that the Pats got after the 1st RD. Thuney, Onwenu and Mason. Good guards are a dime of dozen.

No rush, no win, that it!! WR are to good.

5 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Well I'm not a expert with coverage schemes but you can blitz with some sort of zone coverage. This also goes further you take a damn OG based on athletic profile in the 1st RD with George Karlaftis (DE) Sill on the board!!!!

Tue had all week to throw when they did get pressure, he folded like a deck of cards.  You have a problem with covering WR???  Well welcome to the new NFL with each team with blazing speed. You can't cover them FIX IT. Last time I checked OG from Chatzooza can't create a pass rush. The biggest need in the NFL.

Here is a few OL that the Pats got after the 1st RD. Thuney, Onwenu and Mason. Good guards are a dime of dozen.

No rush, no win, that it!! WR are to good.

Tua was sacked 3 times and hit 7 others on 33 pass attempts. Not sure about hurries.  For reference on pressure Jones was sacked twice and hit 4 times and Miami is a blitz happy team

Back Injury for Mac.. apparently appeared to be in a lot of pain in the locker room. Back injuries linger a lot.. that's some really bad news tbo, especially if they felt the need to run and get an XRay. He is a tough guy and pushed through the game but certainly going to be something to monitor 

25 minutes ago, jofos said:

Tua was sacked 3 times and hit 7 others on 33 pass attempts. Not sure about hurries.  For reference on pressure Jones was sacked twice and hit 4 times and Miami is a blitz happy team

I'm calming down. The defense was not bad today stat wise however my frustration is based on what will happen when they can't beat Tua.

I'm also looking  forward and I don't see this defense doing anything against good teams.  I see today game results against a  sports announcer after this year.

Th new coach will be on the same page as Brian Flores. Tua stinks.

What happen to this defense against legit talent, Rodger, Allen, Cousins, Ryans, Carr and Burrows.

They have no chance.

That's my frustration. Play the rookies, put speed on the field. Byant and Bentley and Tazi just don't cut it.

Last IMO Tua would throw several INT with pressure.

• Like 1