GDT - Week 1 - Patriots w/ the Heat Check

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Ol is definitely a problem however Mac is holding the ball because his 1st option is not open.  The unit or there scheme is just not good enough.

Yes. To me the blocking scheme seems to be overly complicated and not built around the strengths of the individually good players. Like, a wide run on the side of Brown that calls for him getting to the boundary DB... c'mon.

Defense had played fine before that. OL getting a lot of crap, but they haven't been that bad. The sack fumble was a great play by Miami and not many LTs make that play. Brown had a play where he couldn't get out on a wide running play. If on the INT PI is called the game is different.

My question is where is Bourne? 

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

how good he is or isnt would be irrelevant to what you are asking. Especially since he is a rookie. If we are talking about a guy who has proven his ability downfield and the defense has to respect that threat, then yes. But he's a rookie. There would be no difference philosophically for the defense. In fact, they would probably respect Nelson more downfield. 

Rookie so what, there, are hundreds examples rookie WR making an impact. Your happy with Meyers that's great however Meyer is your number one and the rest are so ghost. That is not good enough .

I didn't like the Thorton pick however I was wrong, his speed changes the game alone. This is a hot mess.

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Rookie so what, there, are hundreds examples rookie WR making an impact. Your happy with Meyers that's great however Meyer is your number one and the rest are so ghost. That is not good enough .

I didn't like the Thorton pick however I was wrong, his speed changes the game alone. This is a hot mess.

Im not saying he definitely wouldn't make an impact. I am saying his presence wouldn't change the defensive gameplan going in. 

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I don't care, you're impossible to talk to. Everything anyone says, you have an answer for. It was only an opinion. 

So i guess no one in the NFL knows he has 4.2 speed!!!!  It funny that only the Pats have rookies that need to learn or will have little impact.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Im not saying he definitely wouldn't make an impact. I am saying his presence wouldn't change the defensive gameplan going in. 

I don't think it's on any one player. This team hasn't found its identity yet. They haven't decided if they are power run, passing, or outside zone. Things have looked good at times just haven't put it all together.

1 minute ago, jofos said:

I don't think it's on any one player. This team hasn't found its identity yet. They haven't decided if they are power run, passing, or outside zone. Things have looked good at times just haven't put it all together.

Agreed. My original point was that the skill players have been fine, its the blocking and protection that has been suspect. What good is a deep threat option if the line can't hold up to get him the ball deep?

• Like 1