The Week 1 Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Washington Commanders, 1 PM Sunday on FOX

MikeT14

2 hours ago, Troublez said:

I am not sure what to think about Wentz.... he looks more comfortable going down field. I think Scott T needs to mix more shots downfield into his play calls.

Also, I am concerned about him staring down receivers. 

Yeah, it’s a concern. All we can hope is that the good continues to our way the bad & he hits guys when they’re open more often but even despite those 4 or 5 inaccurate throws where he should’ve completed the pass & the two ints he was still:

66% for 313 yards w/ 4 TDs & 2 ints 

I guess he could’ve been perfect, but that’s unrealistic. If he was perfect he probably goes for:

78%, 400 yds & 4 or 5 TDs 

Again not realistic, all QBs miss open WRs at times & sometimes make bad decisions like throwing a screen when there’s a lot of trash around - but also a tremendous int by Travon Walker, I don’t even see our DBs making that int - and throwing late to the sideline on a pass he should’ve never thrown & he stared down Jahan.

Edited by turtle28

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They’ve just reshuffled the deck basically at a lot of positions. I will say that they have more potential than what Rivera inherited in from the 2019 Skins though:

• Carson Wentz more talented than Keenum, Haskins & McCoy

• Charles Leno > Donald Penn

• Dotson & Samuel > Paul Richardson & Trey Quinn/ Seven Sims

Defensive talent honestly is about the same though with the exception of Kerrigan, who wouldn’t be playing this year anyways bc he retired. 

That’s close enough where I wouldn’t disagree with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That’s close enough where I wouldn’t disagree with it. 

After today, and I know it’s just 1 game, but I’d say Darrick Forrest looks like a steal. He’s a smaller but faster version of Landon Collins but Forrest can cover. So possibly:

• Forrest, Curl & McCain > Collins & Monte Nicholson at S

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, it’s a concern. All we can hope is that the good continues to our way the bad & he hits guys when they’re open more often but even despite those 4 or 5 inaccurate throws where he should’ve completed the pass & the two ints he was still:

66% for 313 yards w/ 4 TDs & 2 ints 

I guess he could’ve been perfect, but that’s unrealistic. If he was perfect he probably goes for:

78%, 400 yds & 4 or 5 TDs 

Again not realistic, all QBs miss open WRs at times & sometimes make bad decisions like throwing a screen when there’s a lot of trash around - but also a tremendous int by Travon Walker, I don’t even see our DBs making that int - and throwing late to the sideline on a pass he should’ve never thrown & he stared down Jahan.

Do you want a Franchise QB or not? Why are you downplaying Wentz bad play? He's not a Rookie. He's a Vet and needs to be honestly critique on his play. Him constantly stirring down targets is not gonna fly throughout the year. Him missing open targets isn't gonna fly throughout the year if we want to at least make the playoffs. Coach him to improve those things. While Fans, Coaches, and his Teammates aren't looking for perfection they are definitely looking for him to be at his Best on the field. Hopefully they work on those things this week while getting prepared for the Lions. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

After today, and I know it’s just 1 game I’d say Darrick Forrest looks like a steal. He’s a smaller but faster version of Landon Collins but Forrest can cover. So possibly:

• Forrest, Curl & McCain > Collins & Monte Nicholson at S

Definitely will agree if he can play like this throughout the year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Do you want a Franchise QB or not? Why are you downplaying Wentz bad play? He's not a Rookie. He's a Vet and needs to be honestly critique on his play. Him constantly stirring down targets is not gonna fly throughout the year. Him missing open targets isn't gonna fly throughout the year if we want to at least make the playoffs. Coach him to improve those things. While Fans, Coaches, and his Teammates aren't looking for perfection they are definitely looking for him to be at his Best on the field. Hopefully they work on those things this week while getting prepared for the Lions. 

He was more good than bad, we lose that game last year & in 2020 & 2019 if any of those QBs are starting today.

Edited by turtle28

Carson Wentz...I just don't know? He was absolutely electric and then just made two totally boneheaded throws. I can't remember the last time seeing a receiver hit in stride but that pass to Terry was incredible. It's a shame he's such a rollercoaster and you can't trust him because his talent his undeniable. I mean, the first interception he had Samuel wide open right in front of him and he just threw it over him to a covered Dotson. If he can eliminate the mistakes then we have something but I'm just no sure at the moment

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Carson Wentz...I just don't know? He was absolutely electric and then just made two totally boneheaded throws. I can't remember the last time seeing a receiver hit in stride but that pass to Terry was incredible. It's a shame he's such a rollercoaster and you can't trust him because his talent his undeniable. I mean, the first interception he had Samuel wide open right in front of him and he just threw it over him to a covered Dotson. If he can eliminate the mistakes then we have something but I'm just no sure at the moment

Last time I remember such a pass in stride was Keenum to Terry at Phila in 2019

• Like 1