Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

33 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don't think we're a cheap franchise at all -- I recognize the Lewan/Byard/Tanny/Dupree/Landry deals

I just know there's some sort of truth to this rich owner thing. Maybe it is overblown, maybe there's something there

I do think we'll extend Simmons. But that quote is really concerning.

"We don't know where the money is going to come from"...figure it the F out

I feel ya totally. 
But it's the bolded part that makes me feel like it was a conversation about getting paid this off-season.  He in his 4th year. Titans picked up his option for year 5. So I imagine his group approached the team about getting paid right now. 

And right now, where would the money come from?  It would have taken a low base salary, crazy out of pocket signing bonus right now to make him happy I feel.  What maybe $20 plus million signing bonus? I'm just throwing out numbers. No ideal. lol

But this year, right now I don't think we do have the money to pay him.  But next off-season. Let Lewan go, redo a deal here or there. Probably not sign a big FA (which the forum will be mad at lol).

Simmons just had to wait. Had to pay Landry. Paid Hooker.  
I dunno. I'm no cap guy. 
But I'd think they felt they have at least this off-season and maybe more to figure it out. 

Big Jeff has loyalty to this team. He said in an interview that AAS was like his second Mom. Maybe he won't break the bank. I can wish can't I lol..

Big Jeff crying his eyes out as AAS welcomes him to the team.

Edited by TitanTuff

41 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I'm sure this has been said before but it's crazy to look back after week 2, being 0-2 and the sense of hopelessness.  Fast forward and we haven't lost a game since and the two teams that beat us have only lost 3 games between then.  

I agree but then again look at who we have beat the last 5 games lol absolute garbage teams, Colts x2, Raiders, Texans, Commanders. That being said the only good teams remaining we play are the Chiefs, Eagles, and Cowboys. The Bengals and Chargers are playing very meh right now.

1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

I agree but then again look at who we have beat the last 5 games lol absolute garbage teams, Colts x2, Raiders, Texans, Commanders. That being said the only good teams remaining we play are the Chiefs, Eagles, and Cowboys. The Bengals and Chargers are playing very meh right now.

Can only beat the team in front of you. I mean I’m sure the Chiefs thought Indy would be a cake walk too. I agree we haven’t played a good team since week 2 but I guess we’ll find out where the team are this weekend. I won’t lie I’m not confident at all 😅

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

People can say what they want about us. I think we are a better team than people think. There isn't a lot of teams in this NFL that you can say are definitely better than us.

I think we are gonna surprise some people over these next 5 weeks if health let's us.

We are a great team … super well coached and super tough and super disciplined and super resilient 

we can play D and run the ball

but unfortunately in this day and age, you gotta eventually be able to move the ball thru the air 

and we simply cannot right now 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

We are a great team … super well coached and super tough and super disciplined and super resilient 

we can play D and run the ball

but unfortunately in this day and age, you gotta eventually be able to move the ball thru the air 

and we simply cannot right now 

I was watching Treylon highlights today. Of the little we have seen from him this year. I think he can be special. Dude has something special to him. Can run the route tree, is big and has that physical burst after the catch. I can see why they were ok with going with him. He can be huge for us coming back to finish the year. It felt therapeutic to watch his few highlights this year.

I agree with you that our passing attack will ultimately hold us back. And it doesn't help that 17 can't be leaned on in the playoffs.

I believe at full strength we can compete with everyone but the Bills. And we will continue to get better to finish the year.

Edited by twotonebluenation
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

I was watching Treylon highlights today. Of the little we have seen from him this year. I think he can be special. Dude has something special to him. Can run the route tree, is big and has that physical burst after the catch. I can see why they were ok with going with him. He can be huge for us coming back to finish the year. It felt therapeutic to watch his few highlights this year.

I agree with you that our passing attack will ultimately hold us back. And it doesn't help that 17 can't be leaned on in the playoffs.

I believe at full strength we can compete with everyone but the Bills. And we will continue to get better to finish the year.

Having a *knock on wood* healthy Burks and Phillips during the homestretch will do wonders for us. They’re certainly not world beaters at this point of their careers but they do provide a spark our passing game desperately needs.

It’s no coincidence that arguably Tannehill’s best passing game was week 1 with a healthy Phillips and Burks headlining our pass catchers.