Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Are we being serious? I can't tell.

I see at least 3 more losses on their schedule (on paper at least). Chargers, Vikings, Cowobys, and maybe the Giants.

And the Titans are bound to get at least 3 more wins at least. 

Yeah, the Colts have almost no margin for error.  What on earth makes anyone think they're a contender now?

The whiplash of this fanbase is next level.  Win a game against a bad Packers team: Yeah, we're clicking, Super Bowl baby!

Narrowly lose a game to last year's AFC Champ: OMG, we're doomed, the Colts and Jaguars are gonna catch us and win the division!

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, the Colts have almost no margin for error.  What on earth makes anyone think they're a contender now?

The whiplash of this fanbase is next level.  Win a game against a bad Packers team: Yeah, we're clicking, Super Bowl baby!

Narrowly lose a game to last year's AFC Champ: OMG, we're doomed, the Colts and Jaguars are gonna catch us and win the division!

Right!

And I'm by no means saying anything is a given, but I see no reason to believe that the Titans will lose both Jag games and Houston game.  Even if they split the Jags, still they will beat one if not at least 2 of the Chargers, Cowboys and  Eagles. 

Unless we just fall apart, and the Colts just find some magic offense. 

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I see at least 3 more losses on their schedule (on paper at least). Chargers, Vikings, Cowobys, and maybe the Giants.

It’s comes with the territory. You want to have a lot of fans posting in here? You’re gonna get a lot of that. Law of averages. Loudest and most negative voices stick out the most, too. 

43 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That's why we are fans!

We are emotional! Lolz.

Intrinsically connected.

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Not worried about the Colts at all. The Jaguars have a chance though. I'm not saying I think they'll catch us or anything, but I think they're a bigger threat than the Colts.

agreed. the colts are whatever, but jacksonville is making a lot of progress on offense and we can’t beat anyone that cracks 20 points. good likelihood we at least split with them.

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm really trying to learn to just enjoy the ride more.  I know the season will end in about 6 weeks or so. 

But the Titans make it difficult.  Once again, we had the city read to explode and ride with them, but they come up short again. 

I have changed a lot over the years in this respect. I just try to keep it upbeat, honestly. A titans loss used to ruin my week, now unless it’s a playoff game it’s not even a blip on the radar an hour after the game. I understand the other side, though, definitely. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I have changed a lot over the years in this respect. I just try to keep it upbeat, honestly. A titans loss used to ruin my week, now unless it’s a playoff game it’s not even a blip on the radar an hour after the game. I understand the other side, though, definitely. 

Yeah it definitely doesn't ruin my week, nor does a win make my week. It just sucks. lol
Titans football gives me something to look forward to and a lot of times it ends up not being an enjoyable ride. lol

I can see a time in the far future where I don't care about it anymore. Because the return isn't worth the headache at times. lol

I enjoy this team more when they don't play than when they do at times.  Give me the draft, free agency all day and night. 

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah it definitely doesn't ruin my week, nor does a win make my week. It just sucks. lol
Titans football gives me something to look forward to and a lot of times it ends up not being an enjoyable ride. lol

I can see a time in the far future where I don't care about it anymore. Because the return isn't worth the headache at times. lol

I enjoy this team more when they don't play than when they do at times.  Give me the draft, free agency all day and night. 

I mean, I enjoyed yesterdays game. Couple things go different and we win. Which is about as much as I can ask for. It’s the game like the Bills game that I can’t do. If we’re competitive. I’m in. 

We have basically already won the division in my mind. But we have 3 bad teams in our division and we are gonna get beaten in the 1st round. Thank Jon Robinson for that. The OL he put out there this year is devasting and we all saw it coming but him it seems like. Add that to the misses on high picks lately and I'm nearly done with him. He can fix it this offseason though (Get a good LT and WR to go with Burks). For his sake he better.

25 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

We have basically already won the division in my mind. But we have 3 bad teams in our division and we are gonna get beaten in the 1st round. Thank Jon Robinson for that. The OL he put out there this year is devasting and we all saw it coming but him it seems like. Add that to the misses on high picks lately and I'm nearly done with him. He can fix it this offseason though (Get a good LT and WR to go with Burks). For his sake he better.

Really wish we could hit on a QB. Until then we will always just be getting by hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with the right mix of players. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Really wish we could hit on a QB. Until then we will always just be getting by hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with the right mix of players. 

This. The margin for error is so much smaller when you don’t have one of those top guys. The problem is there’s so few truly elite guys and getting one isn’t easy. How many other teams are like us just hoping to hit on a QB?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

It was tongue in cheek because of who I was quoting but I’m still not willing to put my house on winning the division until it’s mathematically over. I can’t remember ever saying we’re Superbowl bound after the Packers game either. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Titansfan said:

It was tongue in cheek because of who I was quoting but I’m still not willing to put my house on winning the division until it’s mathematically over. I can’t remember ever saying we’re Superbowl bound after the Packers game either. 

Gotcha. lol

Yeah  Not gonna say we automatically win the division, but it's a very good chance of it. 

Super Bowl? lol Whats that?  I don't expect to see our two tone blue there. 🤣