Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

5 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I wonder how they are going to schedule out the rest of the season. Seems like a bit of a logistical nightmare. 

Feels like they just void this game.

Mark it a tie or DNF and move on. 
Remove it from the equation somehow? Who knows. 

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s obviously not in any way the most important thing, but the NFL is left in a weird spot if they just cancel the game or call it a tie. Means Chiefs get the 1 seed with a win on Saturday and the Bengals clinched the division last night.

Since they are not playing it this week, that means they would have to push the playoffs back and possibly the Super Bowl. 

Very hard.

I wonder is there a way to take those teams out the equation period. Settle it by coin toss?

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Since they are not playing it this week, that means they would have to push the playoffs back and possibly the Super Bowl. 

Very hard.

I wonder is there a way to take those teams out the equation period. Settle it by coin toss?

I’d guess the only move would be to push the playoffs a week, cancel the Pro Bowl and get rid of the bye between conference championships and Super Bowl. Because yeah, there’s no way you can move the SB back a week at this point, that’d be a complete logistical disaster.

My assumption is that they end up calling it a no-contest and the seeding ends up wherever it ends up. Everyone has more important things to worry about than playoff seeding. But still a tough call for the league to make.

10 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Imagine if you had Josh Allen in your championship fantasy match and that game gets cancelled. Yikes.

Imagine if you had a sense of empathy and could realize that fantasy football is utterly meaningless compared to that of a life. Yikes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

Imagine if you had a sense of empathy and could realize that fantasy football is utterly meaningless compared to that of a life. Yikes.

Why can he not have both? Some fantasy leagues have quite a bit of money riding on them. He can think what happened to Hamlin is terrible AND wonder what fantasy leagues will do. 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Yes because that instantly means you can’t talk about anything else, right? Grow up. People die and suffer every single day. I’m posting on a football message board not talking to his family members. People are so out of touch, it’s unreal. 

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yes because that instantly means you can’t talk about anything else, right? Grow up. People die and suffer every single day. I’m posting on a football message board not talking to his family members. People are so out of touch, it’s unreal. 

It's been so weird to see how so many people need a villain in this situation.