Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I get what you’re saying. End of the day tho, eagles are just gonna have to invest in him because he’s proven to be very very good. He’s everything Kyler Murray was supposed to be, with 10000x the leadership and moxie.

don’t think he will ever be the passing technician that Burrow or Mahomes is, but his performance yesterday makes me think he’s in that second tier of passer. Which is good enough to win a Super Bowl.

Yeah...

He is obviously important to them. Lost the games he wasn't there. 

I also think the contract he gets will unjustly put him in a range or position similar to Dak.  
Expecting him to be this Mahomes type player but he isn't. 

I'm always so weary of crowning QBs too early. I use Wentz as my go to example. MVP one moment then he is trash the next. 

I wanted us to draft Hurts actually so I'm not hating,  But yeah you get it. 

Most decent QB's from like the Tannehill-ish range could do similarly well I believe but Hurts fits well.

I think he is a piece similar to how Tannehill was when we were rolling. Mahomes is the guy. Take him away from the Chiefs and they aren't good. Take Hurts away from the Eagles, they are still good.

Love watching film study and play design like that

and then remember how we lined Swaim out wide, Burks in the slot, and ran a slant to Swaim with Burks as the intended lead blocker 

and we are so desperate for offensive success that we said “well if Swaim caught it, it could’ve been a first down”

also love how KC/Phi are able to draw up 6/7 yard gimme plays on first down all the time, while we uhhhh run the ball into stacked boxes 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Downing is probably worth giving a job to.  He's just an awful offensive coordinator.

if i'm thinking generously, his problem was much more playcalling than it was play design, so this role could suit him just fine. having said that....i would not put him on my offensive staff lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah...

He is obviously important to them. Lost the games he wasn't there. 

I also think the contract he gets will unjustly put him in a range or position similar to Dak.  
Expecting him to be this Mahomes type player but he isn't. 

I'm always so weary of crowning QBs too early. I use Wentz as my go to example. MVP one moment then he is trash the next. 

I wanted us to draft Hurts actually so I'm not hating,  But yeah you get it. 

Most decent QB's from like the Tannehill-ish range could do similarly well I believe but Hurts fits well.

I think he is a piece similar to how Tannehill was when we were rolling. Mahomes is the guy. Take him away from the Chiefs and they aren't good. Take Hurts away from the Eagles, they are still good.

Tend to agree with you. Just due to salary cap, he will likely never be surrounded by as good a roster as this season. And I’m not sure he is the QB that can carry a team with a lesser roster the way the top tier QB’s can. I’m not gonna say their Super Bowl window is closed, but it will become significantly more difficult once the QB contract is signed. 

• Like 1