Titans Ups & Downs

JDLefebvre

up

1. D got  4 INT's

2. 40pts on Offence and actually scored in the RZ vs LeBeau's D

3. Haden's replacement had a good game.

4. AB's TD was a play of the week

5. Run D vs a good rushing attack

This team looks as thought they are starting to hit stride. Starting as in I think they could do better and expect it as long as no major injuries occur.  I still expect a loss to the pats when we play them .

Down

can't think of any notables right now, it was a convincing win vs a good team. Got bad officiating in our favour but would rather see good officiating and all we got out of that series was the FG anyways. 

IIRC Moats was active but I never saw Harrison out there. Preservation is what Tomlin has going on, but during more important games I expect 92 out there once in a while. 

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

IIRC Moats was active but I never saw Harrison out there. Preservation is what Tomlin has going on, but during more important games I expect 92 out there once in a while. 

Harrison was on the injury report the last two weeks.

Ups

Ben and Brown

4 Int's

Downs

Still some poor tackling

Breakdown in the defensive backfield - guys running wide open - been going on a few weeks now

Might have been a different game if Walker catches that TD which would of made the score 23  21

Up

1. 7 to 84

2. 40-17 = 8-2

3. 5 and 4

4.  9

Down

1. Still susceptible to giving up big plays...mainly due to our secondary.

2. Haley's ego moving away from the hurry up, although the decision was probably on Tomlin as well.    The less Haley has to do with playcalling, the better of we will be.

Not much to complain about really.     I dont think this was the statement game others think it was, because we are way too "Jekyll & Hyde".....but I do think the only team that is truly better than us in the AFC is New England....and they are only really better because of two specific people.   

UPs:

Butler

Ben

Brown

Boz

Uhhhh.....I was trying to think of a 5th B to throw in there.

DOWNs:

Hiltons coverage

Vince Williams doing anything other than up the gut blitzes

The Refs (mostly overturning Bells TD)

First half play.

Additional Ups not being funny:

Haley's play calling and adjustment from 1st half to second half.  

Robert Golden and Sean Davis.  Their play was the best safety play all year back there.  Davis played much more in control and played the ball, Golden did a good job of keeping the cap on most big plays (1st TD of 3rd quarter not withstanding).  

Skycam angle.  So much fun to see what Ben and Bell see operating back there.  Some of those passes were absolute dimes that makes me thing we've been wrong about Ben all year.

UPs:

Butler

Ben

Brown

Boz

Uhhhh.....I was trying to think of a 5th B to throw in there.

DOWNs:

Hiltons coverage

Vince Williams doing anything other than up the gut blitzes

The Refs (mostly overturning Bells TD)

First half play.

Additional Ups not being funny:

Haley's play calling and adjustment from 1st half to second half.  

Robert Golden and Sean Davis.  Their play was the best safety play all year back there.  Davis played much more in control and played the ball, Golden did a good job of keeping the cap on most big plays (1st TD of 3rd quarter not withstanding).  

Skycam angle.  So much fun to see what Ben and Bell see operating back there.  Some of those passes were absolute dimes that makes me thing we've been wrong about Ben all year.

10 hours ago, 3rivers said:

never knew this, how serious is this? 

4th quarter.  I think the 2nd TD drive ( since the 1st lasted 1 play).  I think under 8 minutes to play but I will look it up.  you can clearly hear Ben say Dilly Dilly as an audible call. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/26059/steelers-take-titans-to-pit-of-misery-with-dilly-dilly-call

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was overheard on the "Thursday Night Football" broadcast calling a run check with "Dilly Dilly," the phrase from the popular Bud Light commercial.

The backstory: Roethlisberger and the Steelers' offensive line liked the commercial enough to incorporate the phrase into locker room chants and even the playbook. The players were overheard kicking around the phrase after recent practices.

DOz0kYvUIAEMQKr.jpg:large

Archived