BDL 2022 Week 1 - Lancaster Werewolves @ Cuba Smugglers

RedGold

Who Wins?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Lancaster Werewolves
    • Cuba Smugglers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2022 at 04:59 AM

This is close. I love the defense for Lancaster. I think they keep this a low scoring affair. I love the way they attacked Cuba with their run game and I think it will help Trevor and the passing game. I just don’t think Trevor does enough here. I feel like Hurts probably wins this one for Lancaster if he starts but I also would have started Trevor out the gate. Hurts would give a little more IT factor in my opinion. I think Cuba played smart coverage based on who their personnel is at the corner position. I think Jones struggles a bit in pass protection against Gary. The Cuba offense will have success with Keenan Allen, Mike Williams will have his hands full with Ramsey and Alexander and Jefferson will exchange wins. This was close I just feel Cuba is the more veteran team at key positions and I do think Rack gameplanned very well. I think Lancaster is going to be a problem this season for other teams. Well done both of you.

Has it been pointed out that Lancaster plans a ground and pound offense with two really talented bruising backs against a team with only 2 total interior defensive lineman??

Reader is phenomenal but is a career sub 60% snap player while Sieler has only ever been a part time player.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Has it been pointed out that Lancaster plans a ground and pound offense with two really talented bruising backs against a team with only 2 total interior defensive lineman??

Reader is phenomenal but is a career sub 60% snap player while Sieler has only ever been a part time player.

The Rashad Weaver listed as “DL” tricked me and is quite disingenuous with other players listed as edge. 

This to me is the difference in this game. Lancaster gets my vote. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Whicker said:

The Rashad Weaver listed as “DL” tricked me and is quite disingenuous with other players listed as edge. 

This to me is the difference in this game. Lancaster gets my vote. 

Weaver is an interior rusher on our team. He can play across the DL depending on the situation. 

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

I mentioned it in my gameplan specifically because I wanted to take advantage of this, it's literally the first sentence of my entire gameplan

On 9/13/2022 at 3:21 PM, MD4L said:

Why doesn’t every team do that? It’s because that’s schemed up.

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/52476/why-wasnt-green-bay-packers-star-cb-jaire-alexander-on-wr-justin-jefferson-during-his-huge-game

I think it's very fair to say that it's likely Jefferson wouldn't have had as big of a day if he'd been lined up against Jaire for a majority of the game. The Vikings didn't even need to scheme him away from Alexander, the Packers did it to themselves. And while you say it can be schemed up, I don't see anything in your game plan that specifically says you're planning to scheme him away or how you plan on doing it. You even specifically say that Jefferson will be lining up in isolation away from other receivers other than a RB being motioned to Jefferson's side. Don't think this creates many scheme opportunities for Jefferson to be covered by linebackers or safeties like he was on Sunday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/52476/why-wasnt-green-bay-packers-star-cb-jaire-alexander-on-wr-justin-jefferson-during-his-huge-game

I think it's very fair to say that it's likely Jefferson wouldn't have had as big of a day if he'd been lined up against Jaire for a majority of the game. The Vikings didn't even need to scheme him away from Alexander, the Packers did it to themselves. And while you say it can be schemed up, I don't see anything in your game plan that specifically says you're planning to scheme him away or how you plan on doing it. You even specifically say that Jefferson will be lining up in isolation away from other receivers other than a RB being motioned to Jefferson's side. Don't think this creates many scheme opportunities for Jefferson to be covered by linebackers or safeties like he was on Sunday.

We ignoring the motion from Nyheim Hines?

If you’re playing man coverage and move a LB to the outside, Jefferson literally occupies the entire middle of the field. Even moreso, if you’re focusing LBs and a safety on Dalvin Cook, yes Jefferson has the opportunity to run across the field which does give him a fair combination of volume and opportunity for success.

And in regard to the DL thing, unless you’re running the ball every play it allows us to easily rotate guys into the game.

Just now, MD4L said:

We ignoring the motion from Nyheim Hines?

If you’re playing man coverage and move a LB to the outside, Jefferson literally occupies the entire middle of the field. Even moreso, if you’re focusing LBs and a safety on Dalvin Cook, yes Jefferson has the opportunity to run across the field which does give him a fair combination of volume and opportunity for success.

And in regard to the DL thing, unless you’re running the ball every play it allows us to easily rotate guys into the game.

I did mention the RB motion in that comment. I'm saying, how are you scheming Jefferson away from Jaire all game to get him covered by LBs and safeties? I'm not saying Jaire would consistently shut down Jefferson but he certainly doesn't have a game like he did on Sunday. The majority of the damage Jefferson did was against linebackers and safeties. We avoid this mistake by shadowing Jaire on him. 

• Like 1

I actually completely agree with what racks just said. It's one of the things I kind of harp on often.  I think there's a tendency for people to look at stats and do I get this guy was better this week. But do I think that Justin Jefferson would have succeeded at the level that he did against jayer Alexander in this particular game, And not in the linebacker coverage the Green Bay Packers actually decided to use? No I don't. I'm not saying that they wouldn't have any success but I am saying that these wide receivers would not succeed at the level that they did on Sunday especially  Jefferson when he is actually being covered by an elite corner

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I did mention the RB motion in that comment. I'm saying, how are you scheming Jefferson away from Jaire all game to get him covered by LBs and safeties? I'm not saying Jaire would consistently shut down Jefferson but he certainly doesn't have a game like he did on Sunday. The majority of the damage Jefferson did was against linebackers and safeties. We avoid this mistake by shadowing Jaire on him. 

If he’s running crossing routes, you’re literally asking Jaire to run with him for 4-7 seconds repeatedly. Does it mean he’ll have 9/184/2? Probably not, but he should be productive enough to keep the chains moving while the other pieces can influence and keep our offensive progressively on schedule.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

If he’s running crossing routes, you’re literally asking Jaire to run with him for 4-7 seconds repeatedly. Does it mean he’ll have 9/184/2? Probably not, but he should be productive enough to keep the chains moving while the other pieces can influence and keep our offensive progressively on schedule.

Not when my pass rush consistently gets home against you

Just now, rackcs said:

Not when my pass rush consistently gets home against you

Yeah the our pass pro is awful rhetoric is misguided. Especially with you lacking depth in that department. Those non Bosa/Watt plays are going to allow Brady time. And we can protect inside.