Game 1 - Post game mourning

Old Guy

-walker has more stopping power when he fills a gap than i ever recall seeing in a modern GB uniform

-lewis can block Z, but hanson can't

-needs more tonyan, less two back sets

-winfree needs more reps

-watkins legs don't move fast enough. cobb can't create separation

-stokes has not progressed on the trajectory his athleticism would have predicted

-less two rb sets would be good, more running would have been good

-douglas is good at football

-vikings are better this year, should be a tight division

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

MLF just said we weren't prepared and not a good enough plan. Also not giving the RBs enough touches. 

For this offence to work there has to a realisation that a change of identity has occurred. We don't have the weapons yet in place to be a throw the ball first team, run it pound it, we got the ability to do that.

This is all true when our offensive line is all together. This game needed a mixture of running the ball and quick, short completions with some YAC. Why the heck it was taking us so long to get out of the huddle is mind boggling. 

This was not a team where Rodgers should have been doing many, 'check with me,' at the LOS. Too much youth, too much inexperience and the right side of his 0-line was a disaster. 

• Like 1

I thought there were some things we can build on.  That Oline won’t get it done for us but that is not the line we should be fielding as early as next week. I knew none of the rookies would help much on the road against the Vikes, just too chaotic of an environment to be able to overcome a large deficit for them. They will improve.

As has been said, 33 and 28 needed more touches but that a Oline and later the score kept us out of pounding it. Sammy and Cobby had a few plays but neither did what would have been needed to comeback on the road. 

We’ll see what kind of defense we really have in the weeks to come but out ILBs are already dinged up. Offense has to find an identity but the line is the most important part of that.

Week 1. Flush it, regroup, head home and beat them Bears. 

6 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

-walker has more stopping power when he fills a gap than i ever recall seeing in a modern GB uniform

-lewis can block Z, but hanson can't

-needs more tonyan, less two back sets

-winfree needs more reps

-watkins legs don't move fast enough. cobb can't create separation

-stokes has not progressed on the trajectory his athleticism would have predicted

-less two rb sets would be good, more running would have been good

-douglas is good at football

-vikings are better this year, should be a tight division

One catch when they were playing soft coverage? 

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

For all the talk about 12, this was by far his worst decision of the game.

I guess that answers if he had the go ahead to pull it if he wanted. I'm not really mad at him for that, that's not something I expect him to have to do, especially week damn 1. But yeah he'd have walked in.