Game 1 - Post game mourning

Old Guy

Stokes was terrible. If he sucks the entire defense feels it.

Min won the trenches on both sides.

Aaron Jones barely even seemed like he played. He should be getting a minimum of 13 touches a game no matter what.

Needed more JA on JJ.

Hanson blows. Zach Tom needs to start. Hopefully one of Bakh or Jenkins are back and Tom replaces Hanson. Or JRJ isn't hurt that bad.

Need to play with better tempo and get more creative. 

Watson needs to be better. Not only the major drop but not turning his head almost turned an out into a pick. That's two major errors on three targets.

32 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

MLF just said we weren't prepared and not a good enough plan. Also not giving the RBs enough touches. 

For this offence to work there has to a realisation that a change of identity has occurred. We don't have the weapons yet in place to be a throw the ball first team, run it pound it, we got the ability to do that.

Fully agree.  Tough to stomach that given the contract Rodgers has.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Fully agree.  Tough to stomach that given the contract Rodgers has.

I mean, what does Rodgers's contract have to do with that? MLF and his coaches put in the gameplan. 

I think we are all talking about a different outcome if Watson catches the first pass. Again, he's a rookie and hopefully this makes him stronger. 

• Like 1

Zach Tom had an immediate  impact when he came in. Good deal block and thebe got behind Dillon and pushed on the TD.

What do the coaches know that we don't ? Hanson and Newman is NOT it.

Tonyan looked pretty good imo.

Watkins and Cobb are washed man.

We will live and die by Dillon and A.Jones this year until the Lazard and/or the rookies figure it out.

Savage just doesn't see it I guess. 

Stokes worst game as a pro.

Worst part?

Barnes looks done with that injury and I didn't even see Quays injury.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm starting to think if you can get the OT's back, and you can get a healthy Lazard eating some WR snaps, you're probably just fine. I think that hurt more than I was thinking during the game. 

Then there's just the whole mess of momentum after the big drop early. 

One thing we know is that when our RBs (and OL) are healthy our run game and pass game with those two is going to be special. 

Yea, I’m not as concerned about the offense as the defense. A struggle was fully expected, being down 2 pro-bowl OL, breaking in rookies, & missing one of their only receiving threats. They were still inches away from a 24-point showing (Watson bomb, Dillon being stopped 1/2 a yard short, then having to ‘go for it’ from the 18 instead of a FG). 

But the defense was well-seasoned, basically healthy, and was supposed to be legit. W/ all the resources sunk on that side, a middling performance doesn’t cut it. Pass rush was never much of a threat. Secondary was supposed to have ‘plus’ players in at least 4 out of 5 spots, yet 1 single player torched the whole lot of them. W/ that DB talent, an nfl coach should be able to at least put up a speed bump against the 1 player, & make others beat them.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Injuries started to pile up. Looks like Barnes is likely out for the year. Nixon and Quay with shoulder injuries. JRJ with a concussion? 

Am I missing any?

Hoping Nixon and Quay are not long-term, if so, for NFL standards that is not a terrible outcome. Feel horrible for Barnes though. 

37 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Kind of think this is the **** that needs to stay in the locker room. 

Disagree. If it works and you lose, keep your mouth shut. If you give up 184 yards and you’ve got 7 first rounders and two second rounders on your defense and you get destroyed, speak up.

Put the pressure on the coaches to let the players dictate the tone of the defense.

This isn’t some normal starter, this is an elite player that we WANT to lead.

That whole keep it in the locker room is dumber than **** when we’ve kept it in the locker room for a decade.

Theres no excuse from a talent perspective.

• Like 9