Game 1 - Post game mourning

Old Guy

Packers failed to accomplish anything today.  The Vikings have a few key players you have to stop on offense and defense, and they all had big games.  It's just another game where the Packers weren't prepared to start the season.  Hopefully next week is the get well game against another hated rival in the Bears.  I don't like that the Packers sat Bakhitiari and Jenkins after they were a full go most of the week.  

• Like 2

I'm starting to think if you can get the OT's back, and you can get a healthy Lazard eating some WR snaps, you're probably just fine. I think that hurt more than I was thinking during the game. 

Then there's just the whole mess of momentum after the big drop early. 

One thing we know is that when our RBs (and OL) are healthy our run game and pass game with those two is going to be special. 

• Like 1

As maligned as the right side of the line was, and I agree with that, I think that the left side looked better with Zach Tom in the game.  I think we have a player there.

Rodgers needs to go back to Watson, and Doubs.  They get open.  They will have some growing pains.  We are going to have to deal with that.  Better to do it sooner than later.

I wrote more about the defense, but I think it comes down to being really, really vanilla this week.  There was no blitz, there were no stunts, there were no traps in coverage.  We just did the 3 or 4 deep zone.  Eric Stokes had a particularly bad game.

• Like 6

Perhaps this has been said - but Rodgers immediately apparent frustration after the C. Watson drop killed this game.   (He immediately looked at sidelinesA in frustration - NOT to his team.).  Favre would have clapped and given the “that’s ok man!” LEADERSHIP encouragement to the receiver and lifting up the squad.    Rodgers doesn’t have that - he blames others.   And then he moved away from WR - it was obvious.    That ended the game.  

Too much money for talent that drains from every other team-mate.   Packers may have a winning season and sell more tickets….   But I’m not sure about a SB win.   (I dearly hope to eat my words).  

• Like 7

MLF just said we weren't prepared and not a good enough plan. Also not giving the RBs enough touches. 

For this offence to work there has to a realisation that a change of identity has occurred. We don't have the weapons yet in place to be a throw the ball first team, run it pound it, we got the ability to do that.