**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Based on the draft board Jerry flashed

Lol, I always wondered if Jerry does this intentionally just to try and show how "great" he is .. dude is a hell of a salesman. He could easily rush to rearrange the board and write in some new names and tags, then be ready to go to make himself look like a genius.

2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Lol, I always wondered if Jerry does this intentionally just to try and show how "great" he is .. dude is a hell of a salesman. He could easily rush to rearrange the board and write in some new names and tags, then be ready to go to make himself look like a genius.

No way dude, Jerry dgaf. He almost cried about missing out on Paxton Lynch. The man isn’t trying to play 3D chess at his post-draft pressers.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It’s a joke that you are throwing up a prayer in hopes of looking like a baller.

I don’t disagree with this. TE could be the pick. But very little evidence that Washington is their guy, at least at #26.

Yeah, I mean in this year's spot, anyone you peg as the guy is a dart throw. I'm trying to think it through as logically as I can. I will say also, this part of my equation is missing the long list of coaches at pro day workouts, or 30 visit. 

If we add that into the equation I do lean a little more toward QJ, whom I mentioned as another strong possibility through my same course of deduction (fit, talent, likelihood of being the kind of player that catches Jerry's eye, likelihood of availability, and possibility of being on that high second/low first grading that would work at #26). But I think QJ, like Mayer and Kincaid, could go higher than most mocks say just out of the part of my equation that accounts for the second tier talents of higher valued positions not being so great. Which would, again, leave me thinking Washington...

I guess we will see dude. That's what makes the draft exciting. This year's spot at 26, along with up to 5 QBs possibly or likely to go in the first round, could so easily end up causing Bijan to fall, or one of those top 2 corners (your pick of their ranking), or even someone like that Skoronski kid who could easily be the second best pure OL in the draft regardless of the spot on that OL. Last year's draft became a bit predictable in the back half of the first round, with the lack of upper echelon passers. This year's should be much less predictable in the second half with those QBs along with the huge drop off between the top pass rushers and the next tier of pass rushers that many still keep mocking so high despite that drop off... Should be a very memorable draft night. I'm excited. 

19 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

No way dude, Jerry dgaf. He almost cried about missing out on Paxton Lynch. The man isn’t trying to play 3D chess at his post-draft pressers.

Well I was more making a joke, but you are definitely right ...

And, for all the times I toot my own horn (which I do admit I tend to say I told you so a lot LOL) I will also be the first to say, I was pretty upset over missing out on Paxton as well when I heard Dallas made the play for him. I'm sure y'all remember how for a month I was saying Goff and Wentz were potentially pretty decent players but lacked any traits to set them aside as special - and despite being much less of a finished product, Lynch had those traits that could make him special. I probably made DaBoys curse at his screen more than once whilst reading my posts about it that month of April ...

Oh man, was I wrong. Horrible work ethic, took the field with zero passion, and all in all looked as lost as a high school kid with no play book or meetings with a position coach stepping onto an NFL field. What a blunder of a pick that would have ended up being. So glad Stephen talked Jerry out of it for the price of the trade being too high. One of those odd instances where I was happy to be wrong, and one of those instances where I am so thankful that Stephen grew up with the gall to challenge his dad.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

20 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Yeah, I mean in this year's spot, anyone you peg as the guy is a dart throw. I'm trying to think it through as logically as I can. I will say also, this part of my equation is missing the long list of coaches at pro day workouts, or 30 visit. 

There’s a lot of data points out there. At least throw the dart with your eyes open.

Darnell Washington is getting beat up on character and health concerns, dropping like a rock in all expert pre-draft rankings, was a 30 visit but hasn’t been tied to real Dallas interest by any media, and Broaddus says Dallas has concerns about him.

I am a big Washington fan. I would be stoked for him to become a Cowboy. I actually expected we’d see it trend that way ahead of the draft. But it just hasn’t happened-it’s gone the other way. Perhaps that changes over the coming days, we’ll see.

QJ seems like a silent assassin option at #26.  I think that’s still a YOLO prediction, but at least there’s enough there that it would feel a lot more obvious in hindsight.

And again, this is coming from a guy who personally would probably pick Washington at #26, pending who else was available. The tea leaves just don’t say that, though. 

• Like 1

If you’re betting on a mid-round QB, I’d place my bet on Clayton Tune. They aren’t the same player, but I have a lot of similar feelings about him as I did Dak coming out.

Not a perfect player. But a definite gamer with a lot of tools. Has put a lot on tape that makes you say “If he’s done it once, I know he can do it again”.

If the work ethic is there, I won’t be surprised if he starts games in the NFL.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

I just go back to the Parsons draft.  At that time a ton of people argued going in   That Pitts should have been the pick.  I argued the increase in production we get from Pitts would not warrant drafting him over an elite D player.   While this year is totally different as we drafting much latter in the draft I still feel my logic holds.   No TE I see coming out is the next Gronk or Kelce. As to my point we basically got the same production from Schultz last few years as Atlanta got from Pitts.   And I think the same thing will hold true for Ferguson 

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2023-NFL-Mock-Draft-Mel-Kiper-Todd-McShay-alternate-picks-in-three-round-projection-208601210/Amp/

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay alternating picks for 3 rounds.

26. Quentin Johnston 

58. Sam LaPorta

90. Keandre Miller

Not exactly my preference on players, and it sucks not getting a big guy at Guard early, but I do love going offense, offense, offense. Add a guy like Atonio Mafi or Zavala in the 4th and I’m on board. 

21 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2023-NFL-Mock-Draft-Mel-Kiper-Todd-McShay-alternate-picks-in-three-round-projection-208601210/Amp/

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay alternating picks for 3 rounds.

26. Quentin Johnston 

58. Sam LaPorta

90. Keandre Miller

Not exactly my preference on players, and it sucks not getting a big guy at Guard early, but I do love going offense, offense, offense. Add a guy like Atonio Mafi or Zavala in the 4th and I’m on board. 

This is a draft I could sell myself on in hindsight, but don’t love it right now.

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m surprised, but if there was real concern about Dalton Kincaid’s back, I think it would have bled into the media and be reflected in the rankings.

If it’s true there really isn’t a worry about his back, I’m 100% in on the player. That guy is a difference maker as a pass catcher.

The issue around age is true of Dalton as it was of McDonald IV. 

Could I understand it? In the first? Yes. For both. But I’m a little more forgiving for an Edge player than I would be of a TE. Especially one with back injuries. But let’s punt on the back and assume that’s a-okay for argument sake. Dalton would be 24 years old his rookie season. Blah. 

I am much more compelled in a trade down situation. 

18 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There’s a lot of data points out there. At least throw the dart with your eyes open.

Darnell Washington is getting beat up on character and health concerns, dropping like a rock in all expert pre-draft rankings, was a 30 visit but hasn’t been tied to real Dallas interest by any media, and Broaddus says Dallas has concerns about him.

I am a big Washington fan. I would be stoked for him to become a Cowboy. I actually expected we’d see it trend that way ahead of the draft. But it just hasn’t happened-it’s gone the other way. Perhaps that changes over the coming days, we’ll see.

QJ seems like a silent assassin option at #26.  I think that’s still a YOLO prediction, but at least there’s enough there that it would feel a lot more obvious in hindsight.

And again, this is coming from a guy who personally would probably pick Washington at #26, pending who else was available. The tea leaves just don’t say that, though. 

Well shucks, I was totally throwing a dart with my eyes open I thought lol...

Trying to account for the way the board will likely to fall, which positions might go higher than anticipated, the tendency of the front office, what I could see being available...instead of saying hey we need XYZ so it's XYZ. 

I do listen to Broaddus often so I know he's said there are concerns - but has that ever really stopped Jerry before? Just to play devil's advocate. 

The links may not all be there but I do think the dominoes could fall that way... That said, if QJ is indeed still there (I still believe he is taken much higher due to his athletic ability and size) he would be too wonderful a pairing with Lamb and he would likely be the pick. I just don't think he will be there, which is why I apparently "blindly" threw my dart at Washington.

But please don't mistake my prediction of QJ or DW as preferring either of them. I know I've talked up DW, but I think TE is one of those positions where, like safety, you pick one early as a luxury. Not when you have true holes and are trying to get truly better. It's not often one of those franchise defining positions. Few cases like Kelce, sure. But not as common. And I think QJ has a ton of promise and will have a good career, but I don't see some behemoth 12 catch a game style or 3 catches for 3 scores Randy Moss style  from him either that justifies an early pick from a team that needs a true home run to complete the journey to where they are close to going. I'd be fine with either guy, but I'd, as a fan, be hoping for something more game changing. So please don't think I was just picking based on what I want. Cause if I went by what I WANT, I'd be saying we are trading up for Bijan or Hooker or Richardson or Carter LOL or if we were standing pat, selecting that Center who's name I forget, who could complete that OL with Tyler Smith and Terrence Steele way into the future.