**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

3 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

PFF #43

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2023/sam-laporta

Ceiling right now for LaPorta is Greenbay.

Interesting. CBS loves them some Sam LaPorta.

God willing, the board falls like Chris Trapasso’s. I think I landed a pretty nice haul on Fanspeak with his board.

26: R1 P26 OT Darnell Wright - Tennessee
58: R2 P27 LB Drew Sanders - Arkansas
90: R3 P27 CB Julius Brents - Kansas State
129: R4 P27 WR Cedric Tillman - Tennessee
169: R5 P34 DL Siaki Ika - Baylor
212: R6 P35 RB Kenny McIntosh - Georgia
244: R7 P27 OT Tyler Steen - Alabama
Edited by WizardHawk

10 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Just curious dude, since you do keep asking some really cool/fun hypotheticals. With less than 24 hours to go...who do you fully, truly, no heart involved just brain and logic thoughts, think they will select?

I think they really want Mayer or Kincaid. If those guys are on the board, I expect they’ll be picked. (Darnell Wright and JSN fall in that category, too, but there is very little chance they fall)

If not, I am a lot less confident. If Joey Porter Jr. falls, I think he’s a guy they might abandon their draft plans for. I still think that’s unlikely. A lot of the tea leaves read Will McDonald, but my gut just tells me that doesn’t make any sense at #26. I wouldn’t be stunned with Avila. And I think Quentin Johnston could be a real option - the Cowboys have done so much work on WRs.

So, I’d take Mayer, Kincaid, JPJ, McDonald, Avila, and QJ vs the field.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Kiper and Brugler give Dalton Kincaid to the Cowboys in their final mock drafts.

I’m in, this is a much better option than some proposed alternatives like McDonald and Sanders.

I hate the idea of taking a TE in the 1st unless you know with almost certainty he's going to turn into a Kelce/Kittle. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I hate the idea of taking a TE in the 1st unless you know with almost certainty he's going to turn into a Kelce/Kittle. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

Offense needs weapons.

I’m not head-over-heels with the TE idea, but if the alternative is a DE who might not win snaps over Dorance Armstrong as a rookie… give me the TE.

38 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

Offense needs weapons.

I’m not head-over-heels with the TE idea, but if the alternative is a DE who might not win snaps over Dorance Armstrong as a rookie… give me the TE.

I'd rather a WR than a TE. But...if it came down between TE or someone like Adebawore, then yeah...I'd probably go with Kincaid as well. 

20 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'd rather a WR than a TE. But...if it came down between TE or someone like Adebawore, then yeah...I'd probably go with Kincaid as well. 

What WR do you like?

I’m fine with Zay, JSN, maybe Addison. But anyone else, you’re drafting an inferior player, IMO.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

24 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

What WR do you like?

I’m fine with Zay, JSN, maybe Addison. But anyone else, you’re drafting an inferior player, IMO.

Those would be my top 3 guys. Maybe Johnston though there's some risk. 

If we're going TE though? I'd take Washington over anyone. 

7 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I think LaPorta is a more fluid route runner also. 

The upside right now with Mayer is a chain mover at TE, which honestly fits what our offense needs right now.

I will say that is a likely projection for Mayer. That frame and first step are handy in that short game. I think if he's the pick though, Dallas is figuring this is also the kind of guy who can make that money seam route work again for the first time since Wittens younger dahs

11 minutes ago, D82 said:

Those would be my top 3 guys. Maybe Johnston though there's some risk. 

If we're going TE though? I'd take Washington over anyone. 

I'd take Mayer over Washington if the plan is to truly run the ball. He comes in ready to block, and will be wicked on the short play action game. However .. I think Mayer is long gone by 26 and Washington is the choice (unless QJ is there)

Overall I do like DW better at TE though. He adds a down field element against linebackers and safeties that the team just really hasn't had. Schultz executed well, but he wasn't the kind of guy who could consistently work up the field and really allow Dak to take advantage of a favorable matchup for a large gain. DW would do so.

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I'd take Mayer over Washington if the plan is to truly run the ball. He comes in ready to block, and will be wicked on the short play action game. However .. I think Mayer is long gone by 26 and Washington is the choice (unless QJ is there)

Overall I do like DW better at TE though. He adds a down field element against linebackers and safeties that the team just really hasn't had. Schultz executed well, but he wasn't the kind of guy who could consistently work up the field and really allow Dak to take advantage of a favorable matchup for a large gain. DW would do so.

I don't get the love for Washington in the 1st. Can you explain it to me? He's raw, stiff and his stats are terrible. You are projecting that he will become dominant with no other factors. I'd rather have Mayer for the blocking or Kincaid for the explosive, down the field passing element. 

Edited by Tony7188