**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

I imagine a lot of these rumors are smoke and mirrors.  My gut tells me they want Aviala Wright or Torrance While tea leaves and such point to a TE I should accept the inevitable even though I will be depressed if we go that route.  But also I will believe they draft a Te in the first when they draft a DT in the first

Another reason for this LaPorta hype might come from the fact as of lately it's hard to tell if Kincaid or Mayer would reach us. If that's the case and we are set on TE, how really high are we on LaPorta?

Once again I'm on the Mayer bandwagon, that's my hope

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

5 minutes ago, quiller said:

I imagine a lot of these rumors are smoke and mirrors.  My gut tells me they want Aviala Wright or Torrance While tea leaves and such point to a TE I should accept the inevitable even though I will be depressed if we go that route.  But also I will believe they draft a Te in the first when they draft a DT in the first

I do love the fact that we draft O-line & D-line consistently and in volume. 

But yeah get me excited for this off-season with 2 offensive skill position players in the first three rounds if BPA fits. 

Regardless of whatever people think of the offense and Dak and the questions around how many pieces he needs...

I wan't us to have a range of offensive options or styles to play a chess match with the 49ers late season. 

Hey go for O-line or D-line round 1 even, but pick up a RB & WR, TE in 2 and 3? 

Success

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

It'll never happen but I hope we trade down and go center first round. John-Micheal Scimitz. 

The top prospect at a position is what got Frederick drafted. It’s not ideal imo, but not that far off base either

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I don't get the love for Washington in the 1st. Can you explain it to me? He's raw, stiff and his stats are terrible. You are projecting that he will become dominant with no other factors. I'd rather have Mayer for the blocking or Kincaid for the explosive, down the field passing element. 

Well my own personal appreciation for his ability is how he will allow Dallas to work effectively and consistently against safeties and linebackers with a sheer mismatch of size and power with the speed to actually be a threat.

Mayer can do the same likely, and I'm all for Mayer as well - the problem to me is that he will likely be well off the board by then.

4 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Another reason for this LaPorta hype might come from the fact as of lately it's hard to tell if Kincaid or Mayer would reach us. If that's the case and we are set on TE, how really high are we on LaPorta?

Once again I'm on the Mayer bandwagon, that's my hope

I trust McClay but I think LaPorta at 26 would be deemed a big reach.  The kid would really have to light it up to justify the selection.

39 minutes ago, Northland said:

He's a freakish athlete and blocker.

And @Texas_OutLaw7

I mocked Darnell Washington to Dallas and have been talking for a few days now about how I think he would be the pick, because I believe Mayer and Kincaid will be gone.

Washington is that new age athlete at TE that can put pressure on safeties, force teams to play zone and ease up on the pressure packages, and also be a potential jump ball guy for big plays and red zone scores. 

laPorta may be the recent and sudden talk but I can't see Jerry passing on the freaky potential of Washington for a more classic player at the position with much less game breaker potential ...

so I am now triple downing on my mock projection. Which of course really means nothing lol

I've recently "cut the cord" and am now streaming the draft this year on NFL+ ... This crew SUCKS, I don't get to hear my beloved draft choice chime before the pick, and my phone sports news app is announcing the pick before the TV broadcast is. This sucks. It too late to get the cable company out here??

12 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

And @Texas_OutLaw7

I mocked Darnell Washington to Dallas and have been talking for a few days now about how I think he would be the pick, because I believe Mayer and Kincaid will be gone.

Washington is that new age athlete at TE that can put pressure on safeties, force teams to play zone and ease up on the pressure packages, and also be a potential jump ball guy for big plays and red zone scores. 

laPorta may be the recent and sudden talk but I can't see Jerry passing on the freaky potential of Washington for a more classic player at the position with much less game breaker potential ...

so I am now triple downing on my mock projection. Which of course really means nothing lol

It wasn't Washington's 40 time at the combine that opened my eyes, although it was impressive.  It wasn't the acrobatic one handed grab he made.  What got me was his domination on the blocking sled.  He got low, had leverage, proper hand placement,and destroyed it.