**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

If Dallas is not in range for a QB, then they absolutely have to look at the Center or the RT position. I think having a blue chip center like Patterson would really solidify the O-Line for the future and stop pressure coming in Dak’s face.

Edited by Tony7188

If Smith retires I’m pretty amenable to OL. But it’s hard for me to justify focusing on a 4th 1st round pick on the OL. Probably the smartest move and it would not take me much to get there. But honestly…only Steele was bad. But then again Martin is also aging. 

Tyler - Mc - Badazz - Martin - Smith 

would function as a starting unit smith gets injured again. 

53 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

If Smith retires I’m pretty amenable to OL. But it’s hard for me to justify focusing on a 4th 1st round pick on the OL. Probably the smartest move and it would not take me much to get there. But honestly…only Steele was bad. But then again Martin is also aging. 

I like the idea of moving Tyron over to RT at this point in his career. That would give the team nice bookend tackles for next year. 

Outside of OL, drafting a defensive lineman to help out Parsons should be at the top of the list. DE/DT. 

9 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Moving on from Philbin may be the simplest fix, but I don’t see any issues in taking another OL. One of the four is retired and another simply can’t and likely isn’t ever going to play a full season again. Frankly, it’s probably past time to move on from Tyron. The man’s body has betrayed him unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Moving on from Philbin may be the simplest fix, but I don’t see any issues in taking another OL. One of the four is retired and another simply can’t and likely isn’t ever going to play a full season again. Frankly, it’s probably past time to move on from Tyron. The man’s body has betrayed him unfortunately. 

I can get there. I really can. It’s just hard for me to see the investment at OL and wonder if it can’t be spent somewhere else. But again that’s contingent on Smith coming back. I can easily see him hanging it up. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’ll never be against an OL in the first round if it’s the best value, but I don’t think it’s the ideal scenario this year.

If we have a top 10 pick, then you can get a walk-in starting LG ~#40. Add a pass catcher in the first, and suddenly the offense is pretty viable again. 

Being cognizant you said pass catcher and not WR - does that mean you consider a TE worthy?

And if we focus on WR - how do you view long term CD? We just payed Gallup and CD's contract will soon be up. So do we draft with the prospect of having a replacement in mind or just draft the best possible individual regardless of fit and if we re-sign CD as well all the better for us. 

I have not looked at any WR or even focused because I figured we would be set, but the lack of separation from the unit probably means I was wrong to not consider the position beforehand. 

On 9/13/2022 at 1:06 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Mc…

Mc….Quis….

Mc….Quis….tan…..

Pat McQuistan!!

ALL HAIL THE GOAT!!!!!!!!

GORY GORY HALLELUJAH!

GORY GORY HALLELUJAH!!

GORY GORY HALLELUJAH!!

HIS JAWS ARE CHOMPING OOOOOON!!!!!

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Mc…

Mc….Quis….

Mc….Quis….tan…..

Pat McQuistan!!

ALL HAIL THE GOAT!!!!!!!!

GORY GORY HALLELUJAH!

GORY GORY HALLELUJAH!!

GORY GORY HALLELUJAH!!

HIS JAWS ARE CHOMPING OOOOOON!!!!!

Oh how I miss the days of the baby eater!!

• Like 1