**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If you let me choose between flipping a theoretical 3-sided coin to land one of these three, or just playing the draft out and seeing what happens, I’d flip the coin.

Specifically she tweeted that those are the “names to watch.” Obviously it’s not a guarantee all or any of the three are there. But they definitely all make a ton of sense

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Per Jason La Confora:

“At this point, I think Penn State’s Joey Porter Jr., who had a lot of buzz after the season, is at best the fourth cornerback selected. . . .”

That would be interesting at #26…

Yeah I think Forbes has passed him up damnit. Porter might have to move to safety tbh

46 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah I think Forbes has passed him up damnit. Porter might have to move to safety tbh

Man, I really think teams are going to regret talking themselves out of him. He’s not flawless, but I really don’t have a lot of doubts about his ability to be an alpha corner in the NFL. Under DQ specifically, he might really flourish. 

• Like 1

26: R1 P26 RB Bijan Robinson - Texas

58: R2 P27 WR Rashee Rice - SMU
90: R3 P27 S Ji'Ayir Brown - Penn State
129: R4 P27 TE Davis Allen - Clemson
169: R5 P34 G Andrew Vorhees - USC
212: R6 P35 LB Cam Jones - Indiana
244: R7 P27 K Jake Moody - Michigan

Tried my hand at a fanspeak draft. I overall wouldn't hate this at all, but I really was hoping for some interior help on D. Just didn't turn out that way, especially with Bijan falling. 

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Man, I really think teams are going to regret talking themselves out of him. He’s not flawless, but I really don’t have a lot of doubts about his ability to be an alpha corner in the NFL. Under DQ specifically, he might really flourish. 

He is a prototype Quinn style corner. Tough, physical, long arms, great on the press, more than happy to tackle.

I would not be against the pick, but I really would prefer they go elsewhere than Porter if going corner. Porter is a flag machine especially projecting to the NFL, and he is aggressive for the ball. We already risk a PI or a big play every down as it is, with Diggs out there. That physical, gambling style is a flag waiting to happen...and it allows too many long gains when you gamble for the ball. We can't have that from both starters.

Now moving him to Safety, or playing him as a big nickel inside so he can help against the run and sit tight in zone (where he isn't really his best, mind you) might mask some of these potential problems. Could he possibly be coached out of this style of play? Sure, but then what are you getting? These are the traits that also make him such a great potential corner in the NFL...

To me it's just not a great fit here. We need to aim at lowering the big penalties and big plays, not risk more (even if with that risk, we also have a chance to greatly increase the positive big plays such as turnovers)

12 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Seeing Darnell Washington in the second round almost exclusively. I will lose my mind if we are able to pull that off at #58.

He is a big dude with the athletic ability off line and down the field of a very small dude. He doesn't have a lot of polish to his game which will slow him down in taking over as a starter and being effective early, but once he learns a few solid routes and starts putting together a few NFL tricks of the trade to create openings, his career will take off. 

There are instances where I think I am shocked he isn't being talked up as much of a first round guy as Mayer is. But then instances where I watch him taper off a route or lack finish on a block, and I think, is that just lazy and lack of desire or just lack of experience and coaching? Either way, for a second round pick, there is far too much promise in what he can be to not be all freaking over him at 58.

27 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

There are instances where I think I am shocked he isn't being talked up as much of a first round guy as Mayer is. But then instances where I watch him taper off a route or lack finish on a block, and I think, is that just lazy and lack of desire or just lack of experience and coaching?

If you split TE traits into columns of things that can be learned and things that can’t, Washington’s question marks are all in the first column.

Unless there are real personality/work ethic concerns, I’d honestly be 100% on board with him at #26. He can develop into a guy that causes real problems for defenses.