Jameis Winston Under NFL Investigation

cddolphin

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

OK. Sorry, I misunderstood your post then. 

I was making a joke about your wording. Not about the act itself. My bad for the poor taste i guess. I would NEVER blame a victim. Whether this particular act was Winston or not, the girl went through something and that’s terrible. If it was Winston, speaking out against a millionaire star athlete makes it even tougher.

58 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/19/ronald-darby-accusations-against-jameis-winston-are-just-not-true/

Ronald Darby claims to have been in the taxi with Winston and that he and Winston were sat in the back seat.

Will this influence the NFL’s decision on whether to suspend Winston?

Darby is a straight-up guy so if he was on the scene then I feel that nothing happened.

3 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/19/ronald-darby-accusations-against-jameis-winston-are-just-not-true/

Ronald Darby claims to have been in the taxi with Winston and that he and Winston were sat in the back seat.

Will this influence the NFL’s decision on whether to suspend Winston?

How far back can you GPS track phones?

It should influence it, but we'll see.

Without video/pics, this is going away.  Why I say that....

1.  You've got Uber VM that Winston & co. kept that clearly says "you or those with you acted inappropriately"....

2.  Darby's now vouching that he and Winston were in the backseat..and there was a 3rd guy.

3.  The only thing left is for the 3rd guy (real culprit or patsy, really doesn't matter) to step forward and take the fall (rightly or wrongly).

This isn't Mixon, Rice or Elliott - pics or vids don't implicate him absolutely, and the Uber VM leaves the door wide open that it isn't him.   Elliott's own explanation at first (injuries were due to waiting tables or bar fight) were directly rebuffed by the pics (those injuries you don't get by waiting tables), and they had no witnesses to the supposed bar fight - and then as we know, the story changed (not getting into the credibility of the witness, we know all about the problems there).  

Add it all up, I don't see that Winston misses any time.   NFL has to do their due diligence, but the Winston camp played this really smartly.   The fact that they kept the VM tells me something happened for sure - whether it was him or a member in his entourage.   But the explanation is plausible, and they can back it up.   That's a key difference...and likely the one that clears Winston from trouble.  Now if pics/vids show up, totally different ball game.  But until then, this is noise, not news.

47 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

So you’re doubting him based on not knowing him?

Lolwat?

You said he was a stand up guy. He asked how you know that. So yeah, how do you know Darby is a stand up guy. Nobody has said he isn't, we just want to know how you know he is. Jeez.

52 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Lolwat?

You said he was a stand up guy. He asked how you know that. So yeah, how do you know Darby is a stand up guy. Nobody has said he isn't, we just want to know how you know he is. Jeez.

I think he meant he is a guy who can stand up. lol

On 11/19/2017 at 9:19 AM, seminoles1 said:

How far back can you GPS track phones?

It should influence it, but we'll see.

As far as dates and length of time, I do not know. However, there are few circumstances that allow for the legal use of tracking electronic devices via GPS, and even then, they don't necessarily give point locations. For instance, the police/government usually have to acquire a warrant or subpoena in order to track a phone via GPS location, and it takes them going to the service provider to actually locate the "rough" point location of a device. In situations where a person is in imminent danger, is missing, or in some terrorism related circumstances, the police/government can tap into cell towers to see what towers have been "pinged" by the cell phone. This only gives an area of where the phone is, not necessarily the location, because if the phone is within reach of the tower, it will populate as "within the area". This can further narrow down a phone's location, especially in denser locations like a city, because multiple towers can be used to triangulate the location (ex. if three towers are pinged, it is reasonable to beleive the phone is located in between those three towers). Unfortunately (or fortunately), cell phones can't be tracked as easily as many people believe unless it's the user using allowing a "find my phone" or "track my location" setting. In this case, it would have to take quite an escalation legally for any sort of tracking to come into play, unless of course Winston were to release this info willingly.

Again, I have no clue how long these records last, or even if they are recorded beyond some sort of a network cache. I just have a bit of knowledge on GPS tracking and legal ways that government can use that to it's advantage.

Archived