Trade Advice Thread

Sad People

2 hours ago, AFF said:

Kinda in a bind…Im 6-0 and most pts scored in league.

Full ppr and start 2 flex.

My team consists of Burrow/Diggs/Mike Williams/Saquon/Hall/Ertz and what used to be Marquise Brown and Alec Pierce the past 2 weeks in my flex spots.

I honestly don’t have much depth anywhere.

With Brown now out 6+ weeks and their bye week probably…should I consider moving Barkley or Hall for a pretty nice return?

Was thinking along the lines of something like a low end RB1 and solid WR2…maybe a Joe Mixon/josh jacobs + DK/Pitttman type of return.

Just wanted some opinion on whether I should try to make a deal or just ride it out.

I don't know what your waiver wire looks like, but I do believe you can do a pretty decent job plucking waiver wire receivers when you're in a bind if you keep your eye out. Generally, I'm just not a fan of giving up the best players in trades. But I get the need for depth in a league that plays deep. 

So really, this going to come down to the specific deal. Honestly, I'm kind of buying the Jacobs play right now, so if you're getting him back, I'm pretty good with that deal. I'm bullish on his season so far. 

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know what your waiver wire looks like, but I do believe you can do a pretty decent job plucking waiver wire receivers when you're in a bind if you keep your eye out. Generally, I'm just not a fan of giving up the best players in trades. But I get the need for depth in a league that plays deep. 

So really, this going to come down to the specific deal. Honestly, I'm kind of buying the Jacobs play right now, so if you're getting him back, I'm pretty good with that deal. I'm bullish on his season so far. 

@Forge @Sllim Pickens

12 teamer with deep benches but save for Tua at QB behind Burrow and a few RB lottery tickets in Mattison/Warren and Brieda behind Barkley…I don’t have much.

We have a limited FAAB(I got $84 left from the original $100 budget) and the waiver wire is pretty bare except for Kenyan Drake at RB and the top 3 options at WR being Nico Collins/Zay Jones/Tyquan Thornton currently.

I can throw in DJ Moore(my failed 3rd rounder) at a flex spot but I was debating dropping about 40% of my remaining FAAB on Drake and 1 of those WRs.

What you guys think?

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would you move courtland Sutton for amari cooper?

I’d slightly favor Sutton only do to schedule especially during fantasy playoffs but the return of Watson is an unknown with being off for the last 2 years basically.

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

@Forge @Sllim Pickens

12 teamer with deep benches but save for Tua at QB behind Burrow and a few RB lottery tickets in Mattison/Warren and Brieda behind Barkley…I don’t have much.

We have a limited FAAB(I got $84 left from the original $100 budget) and the waiver wire is pretty bare except for Kenyan Drake at RB and the top 3 options at WR being Nico Collins/Zay Jones/Tyquan Thornton currently.

I can throw in DJ Moore(my failed 3rd rounder) at a flex spot but I was debating dropping about 40% of my remaining FAAB on Drake and 1 of those WRs.

What you guys think?

I'm not bullish on Drake.  Right now, there's still a chance that Gus Edwards comes back and steals volume (I think he has another week or something to come off PUP?) and Dobbins is still there, so I feel like there's a decent enough chance that Drake's volume may crater at some point. Justice Hill also isn't bad, tbh lol. If he gets healthy you can just throw him into the mix as well.  12 yards a clip for that big game just isn't sustainable to me. 10 carries was his second highest total of the year and I Just don't know how the volume is shaking out there. 

I do like Zay Jones just as a roster filler, tbh. In a 12 team league he should be rostered (especially if there are deep benches).  Not sure who is bringing up the bottom of your depth chart, but ROS I'd rather have Zay Jones than DJ Moore, for example (this is not a suggestion that you should cut DJ Moore - while he is going to be cuttable soon, I think you 100% have to wait until after the trade deadline just on the off chance that he ends up with Aaron Rodgers or something). 

I'd put out some feelers on Barkley to just see what you can nab. He's already gotten nicked up a few times in game, so there's definitely some merit to at least considering selling high. LIS, I am bullish on Josh Jacobs. They are using him in the pass game the last few weeks, he's already had his bye (huge), and he looks fantastic running the ball. If you can get him from someone who is nervous he won't keep up the numbers along with a WR2, I don't think that is awful. 

I'm not sure about Mixon. I don't love the playoff schedule at all. TB / NE / Buf in weeks 15-17. Also, are we sure he's good? Right now he's a low efficiency volume eater. Almost all of his points come through sheer volume. While that does give him some upside because his actual play can get better, we are entering a point now where there is a legitimate case to be made that it's simply not going to happen. 

I think the running back ranking this out pretty rapidly this year, so you have to thread the needle here or really going to have to gamble it up. 

15 minutes ago, AFF said:

I’d slightly favor Sutton only do to schedule especially during fantasy playoffs but the return of Watson is an unknown with being off for the last 2 years basically.

I favor Sutton as well...but that Denver offense is scaring the hell out of me lol. And now with Wilson having a hamstring issue, I'm just wondering if it's worth my time to cash out. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of good matches with regards to trade partners in the league for Sutton. 

1 hour ago, AFF said:

@Forge @Sllim Pickens

What you guys think?

Not sure I would blow FAAB for any of those guys tbh.  I would try to pick up Zay Jones or Collins after waivers process but not sure either of them are better than what you have.  Drake I think is going to be a 1 maybe 2 week flash and dont trust him to produce regularly.  I am hoping Moore gets traded but also he is getting decent amounts of targets and that will have to turn into some production at some point.  I think its all about playing the matchups and getting lucky but the rest of your roster is good enough to carry you through a few weeks in hopes of getting Brown back for the stretch run.  Thats my plan anyways.  

Guy wants Kyler, Sutton, mostert for Jalen hurts. I'm thinking that's a no, but figured I'd put it out there as hurts does average like 6 points more per game

Superflex league. 

Qb- Kyler, Lawrence, Watson

RB - mostert, kamara, Jonathan Taylor, saquon, Hines & Jackson

Wr- Godwin, Pittman, Sutton, aiyuk

TE- Kelce and Knox

Def- NE & SF

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Guy wants Kyler, Sutton, mostert for Jalen hurts. I'm thinking that's a no, but figured I'd put it out there as hurts does average like 6 points more per game

Superflex league. 

Qb- Kyler, Lawrence, Watson

RB - mostert, kamara, Jonathan Taylor, saquon, Hines & Jackson

Wr- Godwin, Pittman, Sutton, aiyuk

TE- Kelce and Knox

Def- NE & SF

yeah, that feels like a bit much.  If you could get a WR coming back that would be able to fill in for the bye/injury it might be something to consider

• Like 2

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

I can’t believe it’s come to this but i was offered Henderson for Najee… and I’m considering it

Its tricky because the deadline could be good or bad for Henderson. If they traded for CMC, that would be awful and I'd rather have Harris.  If they traded for Isaiah Wynn and got Brian Allen back, I think I'd rather have Henderson lol

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Its tricky because the deadline could be good or bad for Henderson. If they traded for CMC, that would be awful and I'd rather have Harris.  If they traded for Isaiah Wynn and got Brian Allen back, I think I'd rather have Henderson lol

Good point. Najee just sucks by every metric and i want to unload him after a game he finally scored a TD