Trade Advice Thread

Sad People

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He agreed to Murray + Pittman for JJ. So we were going to do just that, but we were talking over text while watching the bears / pats and decided I would add Gus Edwards and he would give back Russell Wilson. Then we were about to finalize the deal and he asked if we could flip My Sutton for his Mike Williams and Wandale Robinson. 

So basically: 

Kyler / Sutton / Pittman / Edwards 

for 

JJ / Mike Williams / Russell Wilson / Wandale 

I've mentioned it before, but I'm a guy who prefers top heavy teams because in redraft leagues, I have a *lot* of faith in my waiver wire game (perfect example, I picked up Edwards 3 weeks ago, held him, he had a good game and now I move him as a pivotal piece in this trade). So I will dump all of my bench to people to get top tier starters. Every week one of Sutton / Pittman had to sit on the bench and Edwards was my rb5, so he was never going to play. 

Sure, Mike Williams is going to probably be out 4-6 weeks. However, because of my RB depth, I only play 2 wide receivers. Those 2 are JJ (already had his bye) and Godwin who has his bye in week 11. So I'm hopeful that by the time Godwin's bye rolls around, Williams will be ready to go and that will be fine. If he's not, i'll play the waiver wire game. No harm, no foul. But I could afford to make that Sutton / Williams + Wandale flip for that reason alone (also, Williams an go on IR in the meantime and just give me another roster spot) 

Edwards for Russ is basically whatever. Its not going to hurt to have Russ as a third QB in a 2 qb league, and because the position can thin out quite a bit, I'd rather have a third QB with a little upside than a TD dependent RB5. 

Pittman + Kyler for JJ is just a pretty fair trade, I think? I wanted out of the Pittman market because of the QB switch. I don't like having that level of unknown when I'm in a playoff race. Kyler is a little tough to lose out on, but his schedule after the bye is rough. Patriots (this doesn't look as tough after seeing what Justin fields did last night, but I think that may have just been a blip), Tampa,  Denver before finally getting a good matchup in atlanta. Before that he also has a matchup with the niners / rams. I wanted to move him for the back half schedule alone, though I had been hoping to do it for a QB. My ultimate goal is to now buy Aaron Rodgers for super low. The narrative around him is brutal right now. But you know what? outside of week 1, he's basically had 15 or 16 points every week. His scoring: 16, 15, 15, 16, 11, 15. Kyler only averages 17.5 in my league. So if I give up 2.5 going from Kyler to Rodgers but get 5-6 points going from Pittman to JJ, it's a win. Its a 2 qb league, I have lawrence, wilson and watson and I can ride it out with them if I need to as well. 

So basically the only real change for me was my starting lineup going from Kyler + Pittman or Sutton to Russ or Streamer + JJ 

I cant hate that trade at all. Sometimes you need a switch up. Kyler is playing a little better than Russ but Kyler still isnt playing like the top 5 guy everyone drafted him to be. JJ is a beast and is much better than Pittman and Sutton, combined. Wandale seems to be involved in the offense and is the exact WR Dimes needs, a guy who can take a dump off 15+ yards. 

7 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

There is no way in hell this trade is fair right? The commish in my league just traded with his cousin…Standard Scoring 

Commish trades: Dalvin Cook

Commish receives: David Montgomery, Devante Adams, George Pickens. 

Like wtf

I personally dont.

Edited by mattyice0401

8 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

There is no way in hell this trade is fair right? The commish in my league just traded with his cousin…Standard Scoring 

Commish trades: Dalvin Cook

Commish receives: David Montgomery, Devante Adams, George Pickens. 

Like wtf

Yeah, that is sketchy af

After loosing Hall, my once amazing RB group of Barkley, Hall, Walker, Hunt, Allgeier was hurt.  I also lost Hollywood Brown recently which is testing my WR depth after Chase although Ayuik, Paris Campbell, and Moore are seeing upticks in production and targets with Garrett Wilson sitting there too wondering if he will get targeted again.  I do have Mark Andrews who is beat up at the moment and likely not playing him tonight.  That being said, what are your thoughts on these offers.  

Trade Offer to me:

Dameon Pierce, Mike Williams (out four weeks), Darrell Henderson, AJ Dillon, Pat Freiermuth
for my
Kenneth Walker, Kareem Hunt, Brandon Ayuik, and George Kittle.  

I would think about that if Williams wasn't hurt but I hate losing Walker but Pierce is pretty solid himself.  But something similar would help my depth so would a counter of the following make sense/be fair?

Dameon Pierce, Michael Pittman, Darrell Henderson, Kahlil Herbert, Pat Freiermuth
For my
Kenneth Walker, DJ Moore, Tyler Allgeier, and George Kittle 

I would potentially have to include Ayuik instead of Moore and Hunt instead of Allgeier like his original offer but wondering what your thoughts are either way.  I would like to hold onto Hunt to see if he is traded if possible (especially if traded to the Rams and getting Henderson).  I hate giving up the best asset but I feel the returning assets are solid.  Kittle had a big uptick last week but not sure that sustains and having Andrews makes it ok to downgrade to Freiermuth for depth.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

After loosing Hall, my once amazing RB group of Barkley, Hall, Walker, Hunt, Allgeier was hurt.  I also lost Hollywood Brown recently which is testing my WR depth after Chase although Ayuik, Paris Campbell, and Moore are seeing upticks in production and targets with Garrett Wilson sitting there too wondering if he will get targeted again.  I do have Mark Andrews who is beat up at the moment and likely not playing him tonight.  That being said, what are your thoughts on these offers.  

Trade Offer to me:

Dameon Pierce, Mike Williams (out four weeks), Darrell Henderson, AJ Dillon, Pat Freiermuth
for my
Kenneth Walker, Kareem Hunt, Brandon Ayuik, and George Kittle.  

I would think about that if Williams wasn't hurt but I hate losing Walker but Pierce is pretty solid himself.  But something similar would help my depth so would a counter of the following make sense/be fair?

Dameon Pierce, Michael Pittman, Darrell Henderson, Kahlil Herbert, Pat Freiermuth
For my
Kenneth Walker, DJ Moore, Tyler Allgeier, and George Kittle 

I would potentially have to include Ayuik instead of Moore and Hunt instead of Allgeier like his original offer but wondering what your thoughts are either way.  I would like to hold onto Hunt to see if he is traded if possible (especially if traded to the Rams and getting Henderson).  I hate giving up the best asset but I feel the returning assets are solid.  Kittle had a big uptick last week but not sure that sustains and having Andrews makes it ok to downgrade to Freiermuth for depth.  

100% prefer the second offer to the first. 

I like Herbert over Dillon. If Montgomery gets moved, he's a stud and I think that there is at least a reasonable chance that happens. 

I think Pittman just being able to play for the next 4 weeks is a boon over Williams. I like Williams, and I legit just moved off Pittman in a deal that net me Mike Williams lol, but I didn't need to play MIke Williams until week 11. I can wait that out and see what happens. If I were destitute at the position, I probably would have kept Pittman. 

I also much prefer that you give up Allgeier as opposed to Hunt. Again, this is an upside play. The Falcons rb room is already a mess and could get worse with the return of Patterson. There's an outside shot that Hunt is on a different team this week. He also has legit handcuff value if he doesn't. Allgeier right now has better week to week volume, but he's not doing a whole ton with it. His upside is amazingly capped this year. 

If Hunt ends up on the Rams or Bills, he's a top 15 play every week I think 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

100% prefer the second offer to the first. 

I like Herbert over Dillon. If Montgomery gets moved, he's a stud and I think that there is at least a reasonable chance that happens. 

I think Pittman just being able to play for the next 4 weeks is a boon over Williams. I like Williams, and I legit just moved off Pittman in a deal that net me Mike Williams lol, but I didn't need to play MIke Williams until week 11. I can wait that out and see what happens. If I were destitute at the position, I probably would have kept Pittman. 

I also much prefer that you give up Allgeier as opposed to Hunt. Again, this is an upside play. The Falcons rb room is already a mess and could get worse. There's an outside shot that Hunt is on a different team this week. He also has legit handcuff value if he doesn't. 

Given I have Paris Campbell (11 targets each of the last two weeks but unknown with Ehlinger) and DJ Moore/Ayuik along with Garret Wilson, would you prefer Williams in that situation?  I would be really deep in a few weeks if Hollywood and Williams come back but may struggle until then.  But this deal would allow me to swap Allgeier out of my flex the next few weeks.  

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Given I have Paris Campbell (11 targets each of the last two weeks but unknown with Ehlinger) and DJ Moore/Ayuik along with Garret Wilson, would you prefer Williams in that situation?  I would be really deep in a few weeks if Hollywood and Williams come back but may struggle until then.  But this deal would allow me to swap Allgeier out of my flex the next few weeks.  

It's very hard to say with that Indy QB situation. He could be overly reliant on underneath stuff and to Campbell, or he could go the hopkins route and just throw exclusively to Pittman because that's the guy he trusts. I legitimately have no idea what to expect. Given Campbell's own checkered injury history, and the fact that we are in the very early stages of Williams' injury, I think I'd probably just be safe and stick with Pittman. There's a chance that he just becomes a target hog. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's very hard to say with that Indy QB situation. He could be overly reliant on underneath stuff and to Campbell, or he could go the hopkins route and just throw exclusively to Pittman because that's the guy he trusts. I legitimately have no idea what to expect. Given Campbell's own checkered injury history, and the fact that we are in the very early stages of Williams' injury, I think I'd probably just be safe and stick with Pittman. There's a chance that he just becomes a target hog. 

Would you prefer Gabe Davis Olave or Lazard over Pittman?  

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Would you prefer Gabe Davis Olave or Lazard over Pittman?  

Olave I think for sure. Very bullish on him. 

Lazard hurt his shoulder and isn't practicing and there's a chance he'll miss games now? Don't like that. I'll take Pittman 

You may have some lean weaks with Gabe Dave, and he's probably a better standard play than PPR, but I don't have issues if you prefer him to Pittman ROS. Obviously the buffalo offense is the one you want shares of right now. Especially without knowing what Pittman's target shares will look like. I do think that Pittman has a more consistently higher ceiling in ppr, fwiw. I just don't know what the chances are that he hits it with the QB switch. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Olave I think for sure. Very bullish on him. 

Lazard hurt his shoulder and isn't practicing and there's a chance he'll miss games now? Don't like that. I'll take Pittman 

You may have some lean weaks with Gabe Dave, and he's probably a better standard play than PPR, but I don't have issues if you prefer him to Pittman ROS. Obviously the buffalo offense is the one you want shares of right now. Especially without knowing what Pittman's target shares will look like. I do think that Pittman has a more consistently higher ceiling in ppr, fwiw. I just don't know what the chances are that he hits it with the QB switch. 

And now Chase is out 4-6 weeks.  My once promising team now has lost Hall, Hollywood and Chase.  FML.