Black Panther

Acgott

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Wonder Woman was okay, but overrated IMO.    It completely botched the main villain , some of the effects were awful and some of the dialogue is cringeworthy....all of these being ongoing issues with all of the DCEU movies.

With Marvel....most of the villains are done very well and have good motivations and development.   The effects in most of the movies are done well, and while it does have some cheesy dialogue, its no where close to some of the dialogue we have seen in the first 4 DCEU movies.   

I actually disagree greatly here. Granted, the DCEU has certainly not done well there either, but the vast majority of MCU villains have been incredibly forgettable or poorly fleshed out. Half the time it's what holds back MCU movies from being genuinely great movies, IMO. Loki has been done excellently and some of the various TV shows have done some really good things with villains, but most really never got developed or fleshed out in the movies, they're kind of just obstacles to beat.

Anywho, just got out of Black Panther. Really liked it. Had some issues with the main villains story arc or whatever (pretty much everything he did the first half of the movie didn't really do anything to get him to his final goal.) But otherwise I loved it. Big fan of most of the new characters around BP. Boseman was excellent. The portrayal of Wakanda was awesome.

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Gotta wonder how many of the downvoters on RT/MC/IMDb are people with "agendas". 97% RT critic score, mid 70s audience score on RT and IMDb... something doesn't sit right.

But on a serious note, I can't wait to see this tonight. 

I think you should also be questioning whether or not a lot of the professional reviewers are pushing their own agendas by up voting it. Not saying that the movie isn't great, but I've seen some of the articles written in regards to the movie, and it's pretty clear what agenda they're pushing. It's pathetic that these people have to keep doing it and can't just let us enjoy movie for what it is without the unnecessary political commentary and never ending false narratives.

Reality is, there are people on both sides of the spectrum reviewing this movie based on the wrong reasons instead of the actual quality of the movie. I honestly wish I could move in the middle of nowhere and have no access to any media. All it does is tarnish everything it touches these days.

Saw it last night, and in my opinion I honestly thought it was just "okay". The plot was kind of weak, the humor seemed very forced and really fell flat, and overall I didn't even feel the acting and dialogue was very good. I don't know, I definitely thought this was a major step down from Thor: Ragnarok. I'm really not sure how this movie is getting perfect scores on RT, tbh.

And I was really hyped about this movie, too. The soundtrack was fantastic, the cultural aspects were great, there were some pretty clever and funny digs at white people and colonization and such, and I thought some of the real life messages were on point as well. I would probably give is a 3.5/5.

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Wonder Woman was okay, but overrated IMO.    It completely botched the main villain , some of the effects were awful and some of the dialogue is cringeworthy....all of these being ongoing issues with all of the DCEU movies.

With Marvel....most of the villains are done very well and have good motivations and development.   The effects in most of the movies are done well, and while it does have some cheesy dialogue, its no where close to some of the dialogue we have seen in the first 4 DCEU movies.   

What?

2 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Saw it last night, and in my opinion I honestly thought it was just "okay". The plot was kind of weak, the humor seemed very forced and really fell flat, and overall I didn't even feel the acting and dialogue was very good. I don't know, I definitely thought this was a major step down from Thor: Ragnarok. I'm really not sure how this movie is getting perfect scores on RT, tbh.

And I was really hyped about this movie, too. The soundtrack was fantastic, the cultural aspects were great, there were some pretty clever and funny digs at white people and colonization and such, and I thought some of the real life messages were on point as well. I would probably give is a 3.5/5.

Agreed 100% on all points. 

Just finished.....lol i forgot so much from civil war. Really good movie, dont see the "one of the best comic movies ever" like i read around the web, but really good. I thought Michael b jordan was great, when ever black panther was on he was was awesome, especially the car chase scene......his sister is hnnnnng

Thor Ragnarok > Black Panther >>>Wonder woman 

Yeah idk how it got a 97% on RT either. I'd give it a 7/10 but I have no idea how some are calling it the  best Marvel movie. I'd put the first Iron Man, Thor Ragnarok, all Captain Americas, both Avengers, Ant-Man, and both GotG's over it. I'd rate it about the same as Dr. Strange and Spider-Man HC. Definitely better than the second and third Iron Man, and the first and second Thor though. Idk overall the movie felt very, "meh" to me...nothing really stood out. I didn't like Michael B. Jordan as Killmonger, like I mentioned previously I saw him instead of his character and I don't feel like he delivered on his lines very well, but also I felt like the writing for his character was also pretty weak.

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I actually disagree greatly here.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

What?

c9bb513735b80c0d172187efeef8f0e0.600x250

Admittedly, I made that comment a little too hastily.   After Justice League and BvS, it just seems like every Marvel movie has much better development of the antagonists.   However, looking back, several of baddies were developed pretty poorly.     I suppose you could even argue that Killian in Iron Man 3 was about as bad as Lex Luthor in BvS.

Iron Man 1, Thor, Avengers, Winter Solider and to a point, Civil War, were done fairly well.    

I just saw it and I really enjoyed it. It was a fresh new take on the MCU, exploring the cultural side this time around, which I thought was really well done, it really delves into the story of Wakanda, bringing a whole new perspective to the series. And the music and visuals were spectacular, some of the best the MCU has to offer. The characters were really fleshed out as well. There wasn't a single character who I didn't care about in this film. I didn't think it was 97 Tomatometer good, but really enjoyable nonetheless. 

Chalk up another victory for the MCU. 8/10

Archived