Black Panther

Acgott

6 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Can someone explain the 2nd "surprise" ending. I don't watch a ton of superhero movies and I understand the dude was from another movie?

That's the Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes. Captain America's best friend from the 1940s. He was mind controlled by HYDRA and used as a villain in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Captain America: Civil War. Wakanda is curing him of his mental control.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-post-credits-scene-bucky-return-explained/

50 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Can someone explain the 2nd "surprise" ending. I don't watch a ton of superhero movies and I understand the dude was from another movie?

That ScreenRant article doesnt really explain everything. Its the refrence to "White Wolf" that has everyone buzzing.

Most have assumed that Bucky would take up the shield when Rogers is killed off. But the "White Wolf" is an actual character in Wakanda, a boy named Hunter that T'Chaka took in as his adopted son. Making him T'Challa's adopted brother, and really setting up a brand new possibility for Bucky's future.

I still think he ends up being the new Captain America eventually, but I wouldnt be surprised to see him decked out in some type of cloaking battle armor at some point with his new arm.

I still think once Cap dies in Avengers 4, they should have CA4 be the fight for the shield between Bucky and Sam Wilson. Possibly even have SHIELD want Hawkeye to be the New Cap (because he is more controllable) but being in the fray reluctantly. Eventually with Bucky winning out, because while Sam wants to honor Steve, he realizes he is really just a soldier/wingman and without Steve this life isnt for him. But Bucky needs to do this, needs to redeem himself while also he has to carry on the torch that Steve lit so long ago.

Just now, Oregon Ducks said:

Why would you watch a movie that's part of a massive cinematic universe if you haven't seen movies that are part of that universe? 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Why would you watch a movie that's part of a massive cinematic universe if you haven't seen movies that are part of that universe? 

We've told you this, you dont need to see any other movie in the MCU to watch Black Panther. It is as completely disconnected as we are going to get anymore. Sure Civil War would enhance your understanding of T'Challa's motivations, and AoU would give you some minimal backstory of Klaw, none of that really matters all that much.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

We've told you this, you dont need to see any other movie in the MCU to watch Black Panther. It is as completely disconnected as we are going to get anymore. Sure Civil War would enhance your understanding of T'Challa's motivations, and AoU would give you some minimal backstory of Klaw, none of that really matters all that much.

I still don't get it.  Still don't make no damn sense to me. 

20 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I still don't get it.  Still don't make no damn sense to me. 

Its purely a free time thing for me.  I don't have time to watch all of the movies I have missed, but still find them enjoyable.  If something doesn't make sense I will look it up, that's quicker than having to watch 20 movies. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Its purely a free time thing for me.  I don't have time to watch all of the movies I have missed, but still find them enjoyable.  If something doesn't make sense I will look it up, that's quicker than having to watch 20 movies. 

If you don't have time to watch movies, you need to reevaluate your life decisions. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If you don't have time to watch movies, you need to reevaluate your life decisions. 

I have time to watch a movie here and there.  I don't have time to sit and watch 12 movies before going to see Black Panther though, especially given all the other things I would like to watch but haven't.  Especially when the others don't excite me much (I am not a big fan of Captain America nd Thor). 

1) Iron Man I

2) Captain America: Civil War

3) The Avengers

4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier

5) Guardians of the Galaxy

6) Avengers: Age of Ultron

7) Ant Man

8) Dr. Strange

9) Thor Ragnarok

10) Guardians of the Galaxy II

11) Captain America: The First Avenger

12) Black Panther