Black Panther

Acgott

On 2/26/2018 at 2:38 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

Why would you watch a movie that's part of a massive cinematic universe if you haven't seen movies that are part of that universe? 

You think everyone has seen the Black Panther has seen all of the other Marvel movies? lol

5 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I have to stop getting hyped up for movies because this was a huge disappointment.  It was solid but IDK.  Forced humor that wasn't funny.  Kind of blah story and action, weak ending.  Maybe I have to rewatch.

I am in the exact same boat as you. I went into the movie with extremely high expectations and it didnt live up to it. It would have been best seeing this movie the first day it came out because then I would have never heard the reviews or have listened to the hype. I am surprised with it being the last Marvel movie before the war that no other super heros  were in it. I agree that the story was kinda blah, the action was ok, and the ending was weak.

On 3/2/2018 at 9:12 PM, buno67 said:

It would have been best seeing this movie the first day it came out because then I would have never heard the reviews or have listened to the hype

The hype has been rolling for like the past 4 months. As a person who did see it opening night, that feeling was there as well. Not nearly to the extent as some of you are saying. I still found it to be a very good movie, just not a Great one.

Again, some were calling it "the Godfather of the MCU" and it is no where close to that.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

The hype has been rolling for like the past 4 months. As a person who did see it opening night, that feeling was there as well. Not nearly to the extent as some of you are saying. I still found it to be a very good movie, just not a Great one.

Again, some were calling it "the Godfather of the MCU" and it is no where close to that.

Yeah it was a good movie. No doubt about it but yeah they were hyping it as being one of the best MCU movies and it is no where near that. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Yeah it was a good movie. No doubt about it but yeah they were hyping it as being one of the best MCU movies and it is no where near that. 

I'm pretty comfortable having it in the 7-9 range of the 18 movies so far.  I need to see it a second time in a few months and see how the re-watch holds up.  Doctor Strange was one that I surprisingly enjoyed more on the rewatch than I did initially.

46 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm pretty comfortable having it in the 7-9 range of the 18 movies so far.  I need to see it a second time in a few months and see how the re-watch holds up.  Doctor Strange was one that I surprisingly enjoyed more on the rewatch than I did initially.

I don’t know if it’s top10 for me

Just watched this yesterday and I agree with the majority of you. It was a good movie but it wasn't the best MCU movie that I've watched. It probably wouldn't be top 10 for me. Michael B Jordan did kill it, no pun intended, as Killmonger! I wish they would have developed this franchise 3-4 years ago(maybe included black panther in one of the first 2 avengers movies), maybe it would have been a bit better to me.

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Am I the only one who thought Michael B. Jordan wasn't good?

I'm right there with you. I posted it a few pages back but I thought it was a combination of some bad writing that led to a weak delivery in some areas along with me only being able to see him rather than his character (which isn't his fault I would have just preferred a different actor).

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I thought he was terrible. Usually I can see why people might like a role/actor/film even if I hate it, but I can't for the life of me see how people liked MBJ in that role or that character.

Winter Soldier was definitely the best movie all things considered.

However, Black Panther is #2 for me because it actually had something to say. It still was hampered by the marvel formula and dialogue for Killmonger but between the costumes and the consciousness it surpasses every other movie for me

Iron man 1 is a very very close 3

14 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

He has a few scenes where he shined, but there was also some cringeworth moments too.  I made a MCU villains list in the MCU thread and got up to about 31 and I think Killmonger was around 12th.

Just saw it today and really liked it. I think some of the comments I saw about it kinda built up a bit too much hype that it didn't live up to though. 

When he was trying on the new shoes with his sister, she said they were inspired by an old movie their dad used to watch or something along those lines. Is that a reference to a specific movie? I couldn't figure out what movie it was if so.

Archived