Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

29 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Definitely not the end all and be all to evaluations, but for a QB that you might end up trading multiple 1st to go get, you'd like him have the least amount of unfixable flaws as possible. 

The ability to learn is hard to improve. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Definitely not the end all and be all to evaluations, but for a QB that you might end up trading multiple 1st to go get, you'd like him have the least amount of unfixable flaws as possible. 

The ability to learn is hard to improve. 

Somehow I doubt that the founder of the company is a reliable source for how great his product is.

We've literally never heard of this test before like two weeks ago, but suddenly it's the end all be all of QB scouting?  I don't think the high score is gonna make Bryce Young any taller.  And if this test supposedly says how well they read a defense, and Will Levis and Anthony Richardson scored higher than Stroud, I'm pretty ready to throw it in the garbage right away.

This whole S2 thing needs to be taken with several grains of salt.

Just now, Daniel said:

Somehow I doubt that the founder of the company is a reliable source for how great his product is.

We've literally never heard of this test before like two weeks ago, but suddenly it's the end all be all of QB scouting?  I don't think the high score is gonna make Bryce Young any taller.  And if this test supposedly says how well they read a defense, and Will Levis and Anthony Richardson scored higher than Stroud, I'm pretty ready to throw it in the garbage right away.

Well it's been used since at least Burrow's class and teams are catching on. 
I think it's more than a couple grains of salt. 

People are subscribing to it and the correlation at least currently. 

It's a cognition measure. So wouldn't really mean much to Bryce's physical abilities, nor Stroud's.  We know he can make every single throw. Likely the most accurate QB in this class and the last two. 

However, based on this measure, he has slow reaction along with whatever else they test.  

It is a great case study going forward. 

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

generally agree overall but i will say that the test supposedly has more to do with reaction time and processing speed, and in that sense i wouldn't be surprised if stroud lags. one of the biggest criticisms of his play is that he can be a tick slow getting through his progressions. 

• Like 2

Just now, -Hope- said:

generally agree overall but i will say that the test supposedly has more to do with reaction time and processing speed, and in that sense i wouldn't be surprised if stroud lags. one of the biggest criticisms of his play is that he can be a tick slow getting through his progressions. 

Exactly. 

That is one of his biggest concerns. 
He might know exactly where to go with the ball. Knows what is happening, but that hesitation to react, the test is said to measure.

With Levis and Richardson, it isn't necessarily their ability to react and adapt to what the defense is doing, it's can they get it there accurately. I believe that's their biggest issue. Right?

• Like 1

I’m shocked that Stroud scored so low

that said. If I were a betting man, I think stroud is most likely to exceed projected expectations (ie Dak ceiling) and be a legit franchise qb that can win big games 

but I am not a betting man 

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I’m shocked that Stroud scored so low

that said. If I were a betting man, I think stroud is most likely to exceed projected expectations (ie Dak ceiling) and be a legit franchise qb that can win big games 

but I am not a betting man 

Don't think he will be a bust but won't meet the expectations of a high draft pick or someone that is worth trading multiple 1st for.

Dak is a good ceiling projection. Any given season he could lead the league in TDs, or be middle of the road. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Don't think he will be a bust but won't meet the expectations of a high draft pick or someone that is worth trading multiple 1st for.

Dak is a good ceiling projection. Any given season he could lead the league in TDs, or be middle of the road. 

Statistically I agree with the Dak comparison 

I just don’t think Dak is capable of consistently winning big games in January. I think Stroud will.

25 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Then I could see that, at least with Stroud.  I still would question Levis scoring that high based on his output on the field.

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Exactly. 

That is one of his biggest concerns. 
He might know exactly where to go with the ball. Knows what is happening, but that hesitation to react, the test is said to measure.

With Levis and Richardson, it isn't necessarily their ability to react and adapt to what the defense is doing, it's can they get it there accurately. I believe that's their biggest issue. Right?

It's a big issue with both for sure, but I think with Richardson, his biggest issue is his reaction to adverse situations.  He seemed to suffer from the quicksand issue pretty badly IIRC.

For Levis, decisionmaking and pocket awareness are worse.  Levis has, and I'm not exaggerating for effect, the worst feel for pressure of any QB I can ever remember watching in college (by watching, I mean watching to see how they might be as a pro, so that is the qualifier I'll throw in there).

27 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Then I could see that, at least with Stroud.  I still would question Levis scoring that high based on his output on the field.

It's a big issue with both for sure, but I think with Richardson, his biggest issue is his reaction to adverse situations.  He seemed to suffer from the quicksand issue pretty badly IIRC.

For Levis, decisionmaking and pocket awareness are worse.  Levis has, and I'm not exaggerating for effect, the worst feel for pressure of any QB I can ever remember watching in college (by watching, I mean watching to see how they might be as a pro, so that is the qualifier I'll throw in there).

Well, from my understanding the test isn't measuring if he is great in the pocket or any physical traits, nor really his decision making to a degree. 
It measures the ability to read, react, adapt and anticipate. 

I have no interest in moving up for a QB. I won’t be upset if we trade for Stroud, but even that isn’t a dream scenario for me. I can talk myself into Richardson at 11. Maybe even Levis. Hooker I wouldn’t even touch until the second.

Any trade up for a non Young/Stroud QB is a huge no-go for me.

• Like 1