Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

I will say after watching the first 3 weeks of this season, that Montez Sweat should not be resigned. 

He has been non-existent. Our back ups provide more pressure and run support. Several times he breaks contain and does not have the pass rushing moves to be effective consistently. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean I know where your head is at, but honestly - next week if no Dak, Tennessee (depending on which team shows up), Chicago, GB, Indy - 4 of those 5 weeks are definitely winnable games for us. Let's say we pull off 3-2. Now you're 4-4 and in the hunt. Then you have a 3 week spread of the Falcons, Texans, Giants - again 3 winnable games. Closing the season with the Giants, an interesting SF team, the Browns and Cowboys. Maybe two more wins? I don't see how we only win 5 despite how this season has started. 

I tend to feel all of those teams have looked competent while we have not. 

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I will say after watching the first 3 weeks of this season, that Montez Sweat should not be resigned. 

He has been non-existent. Our back ups provide more pressure and run support. Several times he breaks contain and does not have the pass rushing moves to be effective consistently. 

I wish we could have him developed by a different regime. 

49 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean I know where your head is at, but honestly - next week if no Dak, Tennessee (depending on which team shows up), Chicago, GB, Indy - 4 of those 5 weeks are definitely winnable games for us. Let's say we pull off 3-2. Now you're 4-4 and in the hunt. Then you have a 3 week spread of the Falcons, Texans, Giants - again 3 winnable games. Closing the season with the Giants, an interesting SF team, the Browns and Cowboys. Maybe two more wins? I don't see how we only win 5 despite how this season has started. 

See...now that you've said this, the team is going to take this as a challenge.

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

It is VERY noticeable in the stands. Unless he pulls his cranium out of a very dark place (and FAST), I would let him walk.

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It is VERY noticeable in the stands. Unless he pulls his cranium out of a very dark place (and FAST), I would let him walk.

I think he is very dependent upon Chase Young. I don't think he has that much drive and I think Chase gets it out of him. Plus Chase draws much more attention on the other side, granted I don't think Montez has even been doubled this year. Chase either rushes too far upfield and the QB sneaks under him, or he pushes him to Montez for him to clean up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Supposedly the coaches and players know what’s wrong and know how to fix it . Will see sunday…