Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Rivera was losing the team w/in his first month as it’s director of football operations & HC by continuing to put Haskins out there. So, he went to Kyle Allen. Kyle Allen broke his ankle. Then, Alex Smith got the job. Short of going back to Haskins late in October, I’m not sure what he could’ve done to tank or whatever. A lot of what happened the 2nd half of 2020 was out of their control w/ them playing mostly back up QBs etc, etc.

I like how Giants fans complain about not getting into the playoffs in 2020 cause of us the final week against you guys, but us losing not only helped the Eagles, but it hurt you guys and helped the Giants lol.

I was at the game and it was clear the fact their were a ton of Philly fans in the end zone we kept getting pinned in was effecting this team. They kept looking back in the stands and you could tell it effected them. The team looked like **** collectively again. It’s on players but these coaches are not running plays that keep their best matchups and if you can’t do that in this era you have no chance

I'm trying to assuage my 2-15 fears but remembering Gibbs started O-5 . A new QB, though a vet is kinda like starting over . Man, I get tired of lying to myself. 😂

Sorry to throw this in this thread but - Can ANYONE believe the Colts beat the Chiefs . Dayam !!!!!!!!!! 

Scott Turner is truly a pathetic play caller. One of the worst in the league. Antonio Gibson rushes for 12 yards on first down, down 3-0 or 10-0 at the time can't remember, and the next 3 plays he drops back. Like how moronic do you have to be? RUN THE BALL. The only way to slow down the pass rush is by running the ball and throwing screens. We didn't do that and that's why there was 9 sacks. I put 5 on this pathetic o-line and 4 on Carson for holding it too long. But I also put those 4 on Turner for calling 5 or 7 step drops with no shallow routes. If you get sacked 4 times in the first quarter, what makes you think you have time to run deep routes? We have 3 legit wide receivers, one of them is going to have a mismatch and they need to take advantage of that with short slants, outs, whip routes, anything quick to get the ball out of Carson's hands! It's really not that hard to figure out yet Turner can't do it. The defense honestly was holding up but they had to be on the field so much and with good field position because this offense was so incompetent. I am so over this coaching staff they are the worst staff in the NFL and they all need to go. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm going to go out on a crazy limb and say River nor Snyder will be a part of this organization by the start of next season.

Depending on timing, yep. If it happens sooner rather than later, then there's time for someone to come in and assess and do what they want. Generally though, I feel like when we see these changes, the head coach gets one more year to carry the weight while the new owner figures it out and then they're gone. 

That said, if I had to bet on it, I still don't think Snyder is gone. Rivera too early to call. 

1 minute ago, IHatesnyder said:

just saw a break down with the sacks from yesterday.

A lot of the wideouts ran 9 yard routes on those blitz’s.  No one was really open and one sack where wentz double clutched the defender was coming quickly .

Wentz holds onto the ball but our wideouts was not open for most of the day. 
And maybe that’s just how good the eagles secondary is I mean Jeffery had like 15 yards on MNF and Kirk threw 3 interceptions 🤷🏻‍♂️

To be fair, the same thing happened to Wentz against the Lions before they decided to start playing a soft defense. Wentz getting sacked has been an issue for years. This isn't some new thing. He's just not a good QB. It is what it is. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

To be fair, the same thing happened to Wentz against the Lions before they decided to start playing a soft defense. Wentz getting sacked has been an issue for years. This isn't some new thing. He's just not a good QB. It is what it is. 

I’ll pull the plug in wentz if we have the same results next week .