Rhianna to perform at Super Bowl Halftime Show

RaidersAreOne

35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t understand what the issue is.

If the NFL is trying to be hip and culturally relevant. Why do they not reach out to an artist that is more hip and culturally relevant. ET touched on it, she’s probably got pull among the mid 30’s types.

You’re completely ignoring that Rihanna is a mom and business woman now. Not really an artist.

You said she was too old for the halftime show, then I gave you a bunch of artists she was around the same age or younger than.  

And what does her being a mom have to do with anything?  What an odd thing to include.  It isn't like she can't still perform music.  She just hasn't put out an album for a while. 

You want to know who else hadn't put out an album in a while?  Dr. Dre, and yet the halftime show last year got great reviews and had over 103 million viewers.  Rihanna's last album was 2016.  Kendrick's before this year was 2017 and Dr. Dre's is 2015 (his first in 16 years).  Both have kids too.  Did you make the same argument last year that neither were no longer artists and did you mention that they were dads too?  Were you okay with 49 year old dad Eminem being on stage last year?  I don't mean that to be condescending, I just don't get why her being a mom has any relevancy. 

Who is younger, just as popular, and just as culturally relevant as Rihanna who they could have done to do the halftime show that you would have found acceptable?  

Edited by iknowcool

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Lol what are you talking about?  Did I ever accuse you or anyone of using those words?  

I wonder why I would be discussing the artists in the context of the Super Bowl Halftime Show through an American lens. 

EDIT - I will say though I do underestimate Bad Bunny's popularity, but it is the same thing I've argued you doing for Rihanna.  I don't listen to Bad Bunny, so it is hard for me to grasp just how popular he is.  And I'm guessing you don't listen to Rihanna, so it is probably difficult for you to grasp just how popular she is.

That’s completely fair.

It would be intellectually dishonest for me to say I’m a huge Bad Bunny fan. I’ve only been listening to him for 4-5 years (thank the GF for that).

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

You said she was too old for the halftime show, then I gave you a bunch of artists she was around the same age or younger than.  

And what does her being a mom have to do with anything?  What an odd thing to include.  It isn't like she can't still perform music.  She just hasn't put out an album for a while. 

You want to know who else hadn't put out an album in a while?  Dr. Dre, and yet the halftime show last year got great reviews and had over 103 million viewers.  Rihanna's last album was 2016.  Kendrick's before this year was 2017 and Dr. Dre's is 2015 (his first in 16 years).  Both have kids too.  Did you make the same argument last year that neither were no longer artists and did you mention that they were dads too?  Were you okay with 49 year old dad Eminem being on stage last year?  I don't mean that to be condescending, I just don't get why her being a mom has any relevancy. 

Who is younger, just as popular, and just as culturally relevant as Rihanna who they could have done to do the halftime show that you would have found acceptable?  

The mother statement was referring to her priorities in life changing. Just like I referenced her being a business woman. Her music is no longer a priority.

You’re right, you 100% could say the same thing about those other people. It’s exactly the same thing. You had younger people upset about that too.

I saw her open for Eminem when they did the Monster tour together. It was fine. I only really like her dance club songs, like Don't Stop the Music, Pon De Replay, and S&M. Umbrella was always cool too, but that's about all I really like from her.

Eminem live was awesome.