Rhianna to perform at Super Bowl Halftime Show

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

you not liking her music and her being highly successful arent mutually exclusive

Never said she wasn't highly successful. She obviously is.

Difference is, the Who and Stones were wildly successful AND good, while Rihanna isn't very good. And it's not like I'm some huge fan of the Stones or the Who, but they certainly made way better music than Rihanna.

Regardless, I understand why the NFL wants her for reasons already said in this thread. They want the halftime show to bring in viewers who otherwise wouldn't really care about the actual game.

• Like 1

Just now, DawgX said:

Never said she wasn't highly successful. She obviously is.

Difference is, the Who and Stones were wildly successful AND good, while Rihanna isn't very good. And it's not like I'm some huge fan of the Stones or the Who, but they certainly made way better music than Rihanna.

Regardless, I understand why the NFL wants her for reasons already said in this thread. They want the halftime show to bring in viewers who otherwise wouldn't really care about the actual game.

See the thing you don't understand is that what you think is good is irrelevant lol

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

See the thing you don't understand is that what you think is good is irrelevant lol

Look at the last thing I said. I understand the league doesn't care what I like - they're not trying to persuade me with who plays at the halftime show. That's fine and I'll just skip the halftime show like I have most times in recent years. No big deal to me.

But still lol @ her being in the same class as the Who and Rolling Stones.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Look at the last thing I said. I understand the league doesn't care what I like - they're not trying to persuade me with who plays at the halftime show. That's fine and I'll just skip the halftime show like I have most times in recent years. No big deal to me.

But still lol @ her being in the same class as the Who and Rolling Stones.

She's that good

You just don't like it

which is absolutely fine

but again what you like has no bearing on what is good and what isnt. 

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Something being popular has no bearing on what is good and what isn't.

For something purely objective? It absolutely does. The people music reaches the better it is because that is what music is supposed to do, make people happy. The more it does that the better it is. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, D82 said:

She hasn't had a hit song since like...2011, right? Odd selection. 

Anti came out in 2016 and was one of the best/successful albums of the 2010s and spawned hella hits.  Certified triple platinum and numerous songs hit #1.  That album skyrocketed her popularity, not that she wasn't already popular but was such a shift in energy/tone.  

Some crazy slander in this thread.  Too often people think their opinion about music is absolute (not pointing a finger at you specifically D82).  Rihanna is one of the most accomplished artists of all-time.  You may not like her brand of music, but to suggest she isn't a good artist is absolute bonkers lol 

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Is she still “in?” I don’t know what’s popular with the kids these days.

If Rihanna dropped an album right now, I'd bet everything I own it would chart #1 for a long, long time.  There are very very very few artists who I think could out-sell her right now.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I will not abide RiRi hate

@ET80 @TheKillerNacho, please delete any and all anti Rihanna posts 

Yeah, I can't hate on a girl I was crushing on in middle school.

I don't listen to a lot of her music (although she hasn't put out anything in a long time), but ANTI is a good project.

Rihanna doing the half time show means we might get guest appearances from other people like Hov and Ye. 

Both Rihanna and Jay have previously rejected the offer to do the Halftime show. I guess Taylor Swift passed this time.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Anti came out in 2016 and was one of the best/successful albums of the 2010s and spawned hella hits.  Certified triple platinum and numerous songs hit #1.  That album skyrocketed her popularity, not that she wasn't already popular but was such a shift in energy/tone.  

Some crazy slander in this thread.  Too often people think their opinion about music is absolute (not pointing a finger at you specifically D82).  Rihanna is one of the most accomplished artists of all-time.  You may not like her brand of music, but to suggest she isn't a good artist is absolute bonkers lol 

I just put on Anti after I saw this thread. I was really disappointed she would put out her best project and then go completely ghost with music, but I mean she has other priorities with being a mogul in fashion and obviously being a mom now too.