Rhianna to perform at Super Bowl Halftime Show

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I really think all of these "why can't the NFL get FOGHAT!" people don't seem to understand this about the Super Bowl...

The halftime show isn't for you. You are tuning in to the Super Bowl, regardless of who is performing at halftime. It's for the wives and girlfriends who really don't care to watch football.

Let's see how many from the "we want [insert irrelevant act here] crowd"gets this.

I 100% get that.

However, I’m merely questioning if she gets the same “pull” she used to. If this was 2008-2012 this would be a homerun.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I 100% get that.

However, I’m merely questioning if she gets the same “pull” she used to. If this was 2008-2010 this would be a homerun.

The fanbase she held in 2008-2010 are now hosting Super Bowl parties for their family/kids, etc. 

It's sort of like how Dre/Snoop etc didn't really have pull with the younger crowd - but people MY age lost their minds. 

Target demo for the NFL will be those who were in their mid teens to mid 20s in 08-10, y'know? 

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:
2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You don't like Dre? Snoop? Eminem?

Not very much.  Maybe like 25 years ago.  

See, I lost my mind last year. Best show ever, IMO.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

How about this, can I get an act that plays their own instruments, that isn't Maroon 5? 

Does it appeal to 33-45 year old women with an affinity for wine? Because if the answer is no, I'm sorry.

• Like 2