Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I mean, plenty of rookies have had ish first HC when joining the league. Urban was god awful but let's not act like that was somehow unique. Hell Nagy existed just last year for Fields. 

Nagy is McVay compared to Meyer.

Nagy went to the playoffs his first year as a head coach. You think he’s comparable to Meyer, the worst coach in history who couldn’t even get through a season - nay, a week without tremendous scandals and gaffes. That’s gold.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Nagy is McVay compared to Meyer.

Nagy went to the playoffs his first year as a head coach. You think he’s comparable to Meyer, the worst coach in history who couldn’t even get through a season - nay, a week without tremendous scandals and gaffes. That’s gold.

Nagy was inequitably a terrible coach last year. How he holds up against Meyer is irrelevant to the point which is, rookies have ish teams and ish coaches. Often. Their rookie year still counts. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Nagy was inequitably a terrible coach last year. How he holds up against Meyer is irrelevant to the point which is, rookies have ish teams and ish coaches. Often. Their rookie year still counts. 

It’s not irrelevant because no rookie has had as atrocious a coaching situation as Lawrence did last year. The difference between a rookie NFL player struggling with terrible Nagy, terrible Kitchens, terrible anyone else you can mention is oceans apart from the Urban Meyer experience in Jacksonville.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm reading this as a troll thread from the last Trevor Lawrence one... 

Between the “why isn’t Rodgers as successful as Brady” thread, the “blood in the water” (or whatever) thread about Trey Lance, the thread about the Patriots, the Vikings thread, the AFCS thread, and now this one…I’ve been reading them all as troll threads, lol. I didn’t realize anyone else was doing otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Between the “why isn’t Rodgers as successful as Brady” thread, the “blood in the water” (or whatever) thread about Trey Lance, the thread about the Patriots, the Vikings thread, the AFCS thread, and now this one…I’ve been reading them all as troll threads, lol. I didn’t realize anyone else was doing otherwise.

What was trollish about literally any of those threads? Did you read them or just the thread titles? I’m actually interested in this - what’s trolling about asking “are the Vikings for real or not?”

We’re not allowed to discuss football or put forward discussion questions about football on this website? 

8 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

What was trollish about literally any of those threads? Did you read them or just the thread titles? I’m actually interested in this - what’s trolling about asking “are the Vikings for real or not?”

We’re not allowed to discuss football or put forward discussion questions about football on this website? 

They all read as troll threads. Asking if someone is for real or if someone is done after Week 1 is always sort of a joke. Same with the “Hurts = MVP” thread. Same with the “is x team/y player in trouble?” It reads like a cheesey ESPN middle of the hour topic. Not a big deal either way, if you don’t mean it that way then that’s fine, you don’t. Just how it’s been coming off to me the entire time. 

18 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It’s not irrelevant because no rookie has had as atrocious a coaching situation as Lawrence did last year. The difference between a rookie NFL player struggling with terrible Nagy, terrible Kitchens, terrible anyone else you can mention is oceans apart from the Urban Meyer experience in Jacksonville.

lol, troll, got it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

They all read as troll threads. Asking if someone is for real or if someone is done after Week 1 is always sort of a joke. Same with the “Hurts = MVP” thread. Same with the “is x team/y player in trouble?” It reads like a cheesey ESPN middle of the hour topic. Not a big deal either way, if you don’t mean it that way then that’s fine, you don’t. Just how it’s been coming off to me the entire time. 

All my threads are 100% serious; I've never made a troll thread in my life.

(okay, maybe last year's Lawrence thread was a little tongue-in-cheek)

Just now, ET80 said:

David Culley was a HC last season, so I think there were some close comparisons.

Not even close! Did Culley kick his kicker? Did Culley fly home separately from his team after a TNF loss so he could stay at his bar and fondle some co-ed? Does Culley know who Aaron Donald is? Did Culley call his coaching staff losers and say that he had better staff at Bowling Green? Did Culley hire a known-to-be racist strength and conditioning coach? Did Culley deflect blame onto his position coaches when questioned about the playing time of individuals? Did Culley admit that vaccination-status was a factor when making cuts? 

Culley could've been the worst game-management type in history and not know that those red flags are for time-outs and he'd still be leagues better than Urban Meyer as a coach.

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Not even close! Did Culley kick his kicker? Did Culley fly home separately from his team after a TNF loss so he could stay at his bar and fondle some co-ed? Does Culley know who Aaron Donald is? Did Culley call his coaching staff losers and say that he had better staff at Bowling Green? Did Culley hire a known-to-be racist strength and conditioning coach? Did Culley deflect blame onto his position coaches when questioned about the playing time of individuals? Did Culley admit that vaccination-status was a factor when making cuts? 

Culley could've been the worst game-management type in history and not know that those red flags are for time-outs and he'd still be leagues better than Urban Meyer as a coach.

lmao

Did this coach do these specific things that only this other coach has ever done!?

As if those are the only bad things a coach has ever done ever. 

Honestly, its hilarious how little perspective you have. 

• Like 2