Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

57 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I don't know, probably going #1 in consecutive drafts and getting chosen over a generational prospect says it's pretty close to me.

That shoulder surgery gave a few people pause, though.

Who are we talking about here?

30 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Good 

My biggest football reason for disliking

Deshaun.

Is he was behind by almost 30 when he played Mahomes then scored a Td that made it look like he only got beat by 21.

The luck playoff game was shut out until the 4th quarter at no time on those 2 games did I feel he was better

Than both of those qbs.

His 1 signature win the defense held Buffalo to 20 points that was a defensive win period 

His 2 10 win years the defense held teams to under 20 points per game.

He is getting payed 60 million due you really think Cincinnati and Baltimore trade there qbs even up for deshaun. 

When both have clearly outplayed him

On the biggest stages Tuesday Blessings GIF by Yeremia Adicipta

6 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Russell Wilson had a top 5 defense for 5 years straight to start his career to pair with a top rushing offense. Luck had none of those comforts as a young QB.

That can attest for the W/L figures at most (and as I've said on more than one occasion, Wins aren't a QB stat) so I'm actually referencing figures like completion percentage (60.8% for Luck vs 64.2% for Wilson) TDs (196 for Wilson vs 171 for Luck) and INTs (83 for Luck, 63 for Wilson).

So, from 2012 until 2018 - Luck’s career vs a portion of Wilson’s career - Wilson completed a better percentage of his passes for a lot more TDs and a lot less INTs. We already know Luck was in a pass first offense and Wilson was in a run first offense - but the discrepancies in these numbers is significant, moreso than what can be explained with philosophy differences in offensive gameplans.

Interesting sidenote that I didn’t even realize until I started deep diving on Luck’s stats: over the course of his career, Luck was on a top 5 offense only once in his career (in 2016 - 5th overall). He’s had two top 10 offensive finishes outside of that, but - despite being on an offense that was created to let him do what he does whenever he could - he never sustained an offense that was top in scoring. How can we rate him top 5 at any point in his career when the offenses he was running barely ever reached that spot? Is that something a generational QB would miss on? I’m pretty sure Elway and Manning ran some high powered offenses, even when they didn’t have Marvin Harrison or Shannon Sharpe.

I want to try something here - I enjoy talking to you @NJerseypaint, so I wanted to try an exercise to see where the line is with you. Statistically speaking, Luck compares to two different QBs:

Luck: 60.8%, 23,671/171 TDs/83 INTs

QB1: 66.6%, 22,674/146 TDs/52 INTs

QB2: 68.0%, 25,342/172 TDs/65 INTs

As you can see, the numbers are very similar - I’m running these as close to each other as possible, factoring in each QBs first six years starting (the number of actual seasons Luck played in his career). Luck is trailing pretty significantly in completion percentage, has yardage very similar, is sitting at #2 in TDs of the three and is leading INTs by nearly 20 INTs. I wouldn’t blame anyone for taking the other two QBs over Luck, and I think you’d agree - the numbers are similar.

I’ll skip on the drawn out reveal:

Spoiler

QB1 is Dak Prescott.

QB2 is Kirk Cousins (his first three years as a starter in Washington and his first three years in Minnesota).

Are either of these guys elite/top 5 QBs? Are either generational in terms of on field accomplishments?

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Clicked the spoiler tag right away.

As the dude who added 5 pages to the thread by bringing Luck up, @ET80 you are playing with goddamn fire.

I can lock, delete, hide and edit.

I AM THE FIRE.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Unless webby installs a close Pandora's Box button, you brought a knife to a gunfight.

I BROUGHTA GADDAM KNIFE TO A TUPPERWARE PARTY BECAUSE THATS HOW I ROLL!

I CUT PEOPLE!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That can attest for the W/L figures at most (and as I've said on more than one occasion, Wins aren't a QB stat) so I'm actually referencing figures like completion percentage (60.8% for Luck vs 64.2% for Wilson) TDs (196 for Wilson vs 171 for Luck) and INTs (83 for Luck, 63 for Wilson).

So, from 2012 until 2018 - Luck’s career vs a portion of Wilson’s career - Wilson completed a better percentage of his passes for a lot more TDs and a lot less INTs. We already know Luck was in a pass first offense and Wilson was in a run first offense - but the discrepancies in these numbers is significant, moreso than what can be explained with philosophy differences in offensive gameplans.

Interesting sidenote that I didn’t even realize until I started deep diving on Luck’s stats: over the course of his career, Luck was on a top 5 offense only once in his career (in 2016 - 5th overall). He’s had two top 10 offensive finishes outside of that, but - despite being on an offense that was created to let him do what he does whenever he could - he never sustained an offense that was top in scoring. How can we rate him top 5 at any point in his career when the offenses he was running barely ever reached that spot? Is that something a generational QB would miss on? I’m pretty sure Elway and Manning ran some high powered offenses, even when they didn’t have Marvin Harrison or Shannon Sharpe.

I want to try something here - I enjoy talking to you @NJerseypaint, so I wanted to try an exercise to see where the line is with you. Statistically speaking, Luck compares to two different QBs:

Luck: 60.8%, 23,671/171 TDs/83 INTs

QB1: 66.6%, 22,674/146 TDs/52 INTs

QB2: 68.0%, 25,342/172 TDs/65 INTs

As you can see, the numbers are very similar - I’m running these as close to each other as possible, factoring in each QBs first six years starting (the number of actual seasons Luck played in his career). Luck is trailing pretty significantly in completion percentage, has yardage very similar, is sitting at #2 in TDs of the three and is leading INTs by nearly 20 INTs. I wouldn’t blame anyone for taking the other two QBs over Luck, and I think you’d agree - the numbers are similar.

I’ll skip on the drawn out reveal:

Reveal hidden contents

QB1 is Dak Prescott.

QB2 is Kirk Cousins (his first three years as a starter in Washington and his first three years in Minnesota).

Are either of these guys elite/top 5 QBs? Are either generational in terms of on field accomplishments?

interesting were troy aikman and eli manning top 5 based on there statistics?

23 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

interesting were troy aikman and eli manning top 5 based on there statistics?

Didn’t compare them but I’d wager no. I feel as if Aikman is the ultimate example of “Wins aren’t a QB stat” that you and I went around with this off-season.

Hope all is well, buddy. How’s Wyoming?