2022 GDT Week Four Da Steelers Vs. Da Jets

Steeler Hitman

Lots of idiots bashing Kenny and acting like he is a bust for throwing 3 INTs in one half, even though only one INT was on him.    The Claypool INT wasn't the best decision, but it was a 6'3 WR vs a 5'9 DB and Claypool absolutely should have caught it.

Oh, and there is that whole first career regular season action stuff, not to mention barely playing with the first team....but lets ignore that.

I honestly think if Kenny had started from the beginning of the season, we'd be 2-2 or maybe 3-1 right now.    He wouldnt have been asked to come into the game and revive a dead offense in the 2nd half, and wouldn't have felt pressured to do quite as much.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, 43M said:

Lots of idiots bashing Kenny and acting like he is a bust for throwing 3 INTs in one half, even though only one INT was on him.    The Claypool INT wasn't the best decision, but it was a 6'3 WR vs a 5'9 DB and Claypool absolutely should have caught it.

Oh, and there is that whole first career regular season action stuff, not to mention barely playing with the first team....but lets ignore that.

I honestly think if Kenny had started from the beginning of the season, we'd be 2-2 or maybe 3-1 right now.    He wouldnt have been asked to come into the game and revive a dead offense in the 2nd half, and wouldn't have felt pressured to do quite as much.

I don’t even blame fully the one on him. Hail Mary or the tip off Muths hands. The Muth one wasn’t a great decision but basically he lost all 3 50/50 throws. 

It felt noticeable watching the game that this team had more juice when Kenny took over. I’m completely making this up, but I wonder if the reports have been true it’s been Tomlin against the world for Trubisky and it just became evident today players wouldn’t respond to Mitch any longer at QB and the move had to be made. Kenny saying that there was no indication this week that he might play and then immediately turtle-heading play calling kinda play to this being very unexpected. 

Pretty sure Tomlin was just doing his non-committal coach speak not saying Kenny is the guy going forward after the game, but if he put Trubisky back at QB1….think he might have a mutiny on his hands. 

• Like 1

It was just exciting to see a QB that didn’t look afraid. Mitch constantly looked like he was seeing ghosts. Kenny was decisive. He looked to push the ball down the field. Kenny didn’t play great, but he’s certainly a lot better than Mitch. I think we can all agree about that. The passcatchers didn’t do anyone any favors though. I think Kenny is the way forward. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 43M said:

i mean not to be a pigheaded one-eyed mork modden type fan but with the cattle we have and teams we've faced we really should have been either 4-0 or 3-1 regardless of who we had at qb tbh, it's not as if we've played any teams who, on paper have a better roster than we do

19 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

it's not as if we've played any teams who, on paper have a better roster than we

Were about to play 4 in a row that do. I really hope they let Kenny rip at these next teams. All big time contenders. It’ll be an interesting test to his meddle. Even if we come out 0-4, but Kenny looks good, that’ll be big for the future.

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Were about to play 4 in a row that do. I really hope they let Kenny rip at these next teams. All big time contenders. It’ll be an interesting test to his meddle. Even if we come out 0-4, but Kenny looks good, that’ll be big for the future.

yeah which is what makes it all the more frustrating that we're going into here 1-3 (albeit with a little bit of #KenMentum) rather than to go into this stretch 4-0 or 3-1

i'm optimistic for kenny though, looked great and really confident

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Not surprising

Not saying that isnt true (probably is considering Andy Reid has a better offensive mind than every coach we had here during Jujus tenure COMBINED), but it also sounds like sour grapes a bit.   Or maybe he was trying to downplay his decreased production.

I dont know.   Either way, just seems like an unnecessary comment.

6 hours ago, 43M said:

Not saying that isnt true (probably is considering Andy Reid has a better offensive mind than every coach we had here during Jujus tenure COMBINED), but it also sounds like sour grapes a bit.   Or maybe he was trying to downplay his decreased production.

I dont know.   Either way, just seems like an unnecessary comment.

It sounds to me like he’s doing a bit of everything. “Those guys just asked me to run a route” along with “better offense doesn’t always me better stats.”

Bad news: Steelers lost.

Good news: My mock draft!!!

Round 1: Paris Johnson Jr. OT Ohio State

Round 2: O'Cyrus Torrence OG Florida

Round 3: Jack Campbell ILB Iowa

Round 4: Cory Durden DT NC State

Round 7a: Jordan Domineck EDGE Arkansas

Round 7b: Jacob Cowing WR Arizona