Week 4 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams

J-ALL-DAY

9 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

That's cool. As long as you point out the positives. Seems fair yeah? :)

Yep we won and that's all that matters. All I ask is that he doesn't lose us games.

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Damn good win.

The biggest takeaway from this game for me was Lenior. I told ppl last year that this kid oozed potential. He just needed time. I understand Womack has his legions of fans but I saw enough from Lenior, especially against the run that he solidified himself as the defacto nickelback. Kupp does what he normally does against us but alot of that was against the zone. Lenior was sticky in man coverage and understood where his help/bracketed defender was and maintained proper leverage, which is a underated part of playing the position. Love what I saw out of him tonight.

That was a great rep

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Yep we won and that's all that matters. All I ask is that he doesn't lose us games.

Jimmy was very good tonight. 

He had great timing throwing into windows on time and accurately. He converted on a few third downs by delivering the ball to the right guy. 

He avoided the negative plays and didn't take any sacks. There were two in particular that he could have taken, but he was able to get rid of the ball. 

He definitely wasn't perfect, but he was extremely sharp from the jump and set the tone for the game on the first drive. I said before the game I've never seen him so hyped up. It translated. 

He deserves a lot of credit for the win. Not all of the credit, but definitely his fair share. 

His biggest problem is consistency game to game, play to play. I need him to keep that same energy next week, and the week after. He needs to stay super hungry. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Jimmy was very good tonight. 

He had great timing throwing into windows on time and accurately. He converted on a few third downs by delivering the ball to the right guy. 

He avoided the negative plays and didn't take any sacks. There were two in particular that he could have taken, but he was able to get rid of the ball. 

He definitely wasn't perfect, but he was extremely sharp from the jump and set the tone for the game on the first drive. I said before the game I've never seen him so hyped up. It translated. 

He deserves a lot of credit for the win. Not all of the credit, but definitely his fair share. 

His biggest problem is consistency game to game, play to play. I need him to keep that same energy next week, and the week after. He needs to stay super hungry. 

58vKNx.gif

SEE YOU IN CAROLINA!!! In spirit of course...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

LOL, I had forgotten about Kinlaw's pick six but I was thinking about this last night.

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Also, zero sacks given up by the OL without Trent against Aaron Donald and his cronies. Superb. 

Yep, and this is the one advantage of a Jimmy G led offense. He can overcome a shaky OL and still get it done with his quick release. Heck, in 2019 he got it done without BOTH his starting tackles and having Skule/Brunskill starting lol. 

6 hours ago, N4L said:

That was a great rep

Definitely was! 

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Also, zero sacks given up by the OL without Trent against Aaron Donald and his cronies. Superb. 

I think that was more on jimmy than the line. He was getting it out very quick all game. Meant no deep shots and maybe didn’t let some plays develop that could have been big like when Juice was running free, but kept the defense frustrated and kept him from taking really any big hits. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I think that was more on jimmy than the line. He was getting it out very quick all game. Meant no deep shots and maybe didn’t let some plays develop that could have been big like when Juice was running free, but kept the defense frustrated and kept him from taking really any big hits. 

Yep, but I will say the few times he did hold on to the ball, the OL was still doing a solid job. A few times he escaped a would be sack which was good to see but I hate when he tries to throw it in traffic afterwards. Like just get rid of it and live to play another down lol. 

• Like 1

Special, this man is flat out SPECIAL. 

Early DPOY leader, hope he continues this pace and the defense continues their elite play. If so, he should finish at least in the top 2-3. Parsons is going to make it hard for him but it should be a fun race to the end. 

• Like 1

We have 1 elite & 1 very good player at every level of this defense

DL - Bosa elite, Armstead very good

LB - Warner elite, Greenlaw very good (so far, good choice to sign him instead of Al-Shair to the contract extension)

DB - Mooney Ward elite, Jimmie Ward/Hufanga very good 

• Like 1