Week 5 Thread: (2-2) Titans @ (1-3) Commanders

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Here’s thing, Ron told us this was year! Judge him, the front office & the coaching staff on this year. The team is so far reforming worse than last year & the same as in 2020 to start the season. 

If we’re judging him on this year, then he can’t get the job done & he hasn’t built a good enough team around Carson, which is Ron’s job. Personally, I think we have the talent to be much better at the skill positions but between the OL injures & mistakes & Carson’s bad pocket presence & missed opportunities we’re 1-4 when at worst based on the talent I think we should be 2-3, but really we should’ve won one of the Lions or Cowboys games. 

The cowboys are just better than us . Once they get dak back and maybe get another weapon during the trade deadline they might have a better chance this year than last year to get to the Super Bowl . 

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Here’s thing, Ron told us this was year! Judge him, the front office & the coaching staff on this year. The team is so far reforming worse than last year & the same as in 2020 to start the season. 

If we’re judging him on this year, then he can’t get the job done & he hasn’t built a good enough team around Carson, which is Ron’s job. Personally, I think we have the talent to be much better at the skill positions but between the OL injures & mistakes & Carson’s bad pocket presence & missed opportunities we’re 1-4 when at worst based on the talent I think we should be 2-3, but really we should’ve won one of the Lions or Cowboys games. 

This just reeks of Zorn & Gruden’s last years as HC. The only difference with the current team is I look at the roster and I see more talent on paper it than I did on 2009 & 2019 but Ron & his coaching staff aren’t putting the players in position to win.

will see man 

7 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Tua was having an MVP type of year look how the Lolphins look with out him 

He had one incredible game, one solid game, one meh game won on the backs of his defense, and a rocky start before getting injured. MVP is EXTREMELY generous. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Also @Ghostnote, if you’re advocating for Wil Levis should we not draft him because Couch, Lorenzon and Woodson amounted to nothing? Those are basically their best QBs of the last 25 years with one of them being a first overall pick. Would this not stain him as well? 

We are talking the last 25 years? While an Alabama QB has not been drafted in the first round over the past 4 decades til Tua, the crop of talent that goes through Tuscaloosa is far superior to that of Lexington. 

But, if you're talking 25 years:

Mac Jones (2019-2020) 1st round pick by New England Patriots, injury issues leading to Bailey Zappe playing with better productivity.

Tua Tagavialoa (2018-2019) 1st round pick by Miami Dolphins, significant injury history. 

Jalen Hurts (transferred) (2016-2017) 2nd round pick by the Eagles, was on the hotseat prior to this season. 

Blake Barnett (2016) Lost job to Jalen Hurts. Transferred to Arizona State then South Florida.

Jake Coker (2015) - Undrafted

Blake Sims (2014) - Canadian Football League, Indoor Football League

A.J. McCarron (2011-2013) - 5th round pick by Cincinnati Bengals, career back up. 

Greg McElroy (2009-2010) - 7th round pick by the NY Jets

John Parker Wilson (2006-2008) - Undrafted. 

Brodie Croyle (2002-2005) 3rd round pick by Kansas City Chiefs

Nick Saban took over in 2007. 

So here is the deal. I can sit here and prove it all day long whether we are current or talking legacy players, the success of Alabama QB's in the NFL is very spotty, and I would hesitate taking any QB needing development but a trend of unsuccessful QB's from the same school would be PART of the decision, but not the leading factor, especially if the coaches had not changed over the course of time. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He had one incredible game, one solid game, one meh game won on the backs of his defense, and a rocky start before getting injured. MVP is EXTREMELY generous. 

Yeah, Lamar Jackson would be the leading vote getter or possibly Jalen Hurts. Tua has not been blazing trails in Miami like many people think. 

This year has been far more on Turner and Rivera than Wentz. The offensive line is atrocious that's on Rivera for cutting our 2nd best lineman and letting our best lineman walk. Turner is a pathetic play caller and Ron is in so far over his head as the game has changed and he can't adapt to it. On the pick, 2 out of 5 routes were in the endzone..... PATHETIC PLAY CALL. I am in absolutely no way saying Wentz is our future because he's absolutely not, but he's not the reason we are losing. We had 4 running backs active yesterday and ran the ball 17 times and threw 38 times. With a bad offensive line that's not conducive to winning football. You have to run the ball and get the screen game working so the opposing d-line can't just pin their ears back for pass rush because 4 will get home every single time against this offensive line. Andrew Norwell might legit be the 2nd worst guard I've ever watched right behind Trai Turner. Fire Ron, let JDR become the Interim so he can be fired at the end of the year, and bring in a new GM that can bring in someone like Demeco Ryans who can bring some new energy to this franchise. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

We are talking the last 25 years? While an Alabama QB has not been drafted in the first round over the past 4 decades til Tua, the crop of talent that goes through Tuscaloosa is far superior to that of Lexington. 

But, if you're talking 25 years:

Mac Jones (2019-2020) 1st round pick by New England Patriots, injury issues leading to Bailey Zappe playing with better productivity.

Tua Tagavialoa (2018-2019) 1st round pick by Miami Dolphins, significant injury history. 

Jalen Hurts (transferred) (2016-2017) 2nd round pick by the Eagles, was on the hotseat prior to this season. 

Blake Barnett (2016) Lost job to Jalen Hurts. Transferred to Arizona State then South Florida.

Jake Coker (2015) - Undrafted

Blake Sims (2014) - Canadian Football League, Indoor Football League

A.J. McCarron (2011-2013) - 5th round pick by Cincinnati Bengals, career back up. 

Greg McElroy (2009-2010) - 7th round pick by the NY Jets

John Parker Wilson (2006-2008) - Undrafted. 

Brodie Croyle (2002-2005) 3rd round pick by Kansas City Chiefs

Nick Saban took over in 2007. 

So here is the deal. I can sit here and prove it all day long whether we are current or talking legacy players, the success of Alabama QB's in the NFL is very spotty, and I would hesitate taking any QB needing development but a trend of unsuccessful QB's from the same school would be PART of the decision, but not the leading factor, especially if the coaches had not changed over the course of time. 

So should I do the same history of Kentucky QBs? I picked out 3. Or I can do Florida, Texas, Michigan State, Penn State, Florida State, Texas A&M etc. All of these P5 schools have spotty history’s sending QBs to the NFL. That doesn’t mean the next guy in line is going to fail. How many good QBs have come from Tennessee since Manning or Michigan since Brady? Should the Chargers have passed on Herbert since Harrington and Mariota failed? It’s just a silly way to judge college QBs. 

Mac Jones went to the playoffs as a rookie and made the Pro Bowl. Tua just had a game where he threw 6 TD passes. Jalen Hurts is possibly your league MVP at the moment. As far as OSU, what QBs besides Fields and Haskins were picked high? Pryor, Barrett, Smith, Germaine etc. 

I mean, should we start looking to Wyoming now since Josh Allen came through there? I get that Fields and Haskins (RIP) seem to have field but that has zero to do with Stroud. Bryce Young, who I probably like third best out of Levis and Stroud just seems too small so I could see him failing. I’d be scared of taking him. But Stroud, I’d run that pick up so fast and not even think twice about it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

This year has been far more on Turner and Rivera than Wentz. The offensive line is atrocious that's on Rivera for cutting our 2nd best lineman and letting our best lineman walk. Turner is a pathetic play caller and Ron is in so far over his head as the game has changed and he can't adapt to it. On the pick, 2 out of 5 routes were in the endzone..... PATHETIC PLAY CALL. I am in absolutely no way saying Wentz is our future because he's absolutely not, but he's not the reason we are losing. We had 4 running backs active yesterday and ran the ball 17 times and threw 38 times. With a bad offensive line that's not conducive to winning football. You have to run the ball and get the screen game working so the opposing d-line can't just pin their ears back for pass rush because 4 will get home every single time against this offensive line. Andrew Norwell might legit be the 2nd worst guard I've ever watched right behind Trai Turner. Fire Ron, let JDR become the Interim so he can be fired at the end of the year, and bring in a new GM that can bring in someone like Demeco Ryans who can bring some new energy to this franchise. 

We had the ball at the one yard line and Wentz tried to throw the interception twice before finally doing so. He’s not THE problem but he’s certainly a major part of it. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I would like Ryan , but I doubt he comes here due to Kyle shanahan getting in his ear about us .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Jay Gruden just called Dan Snyder the Wizard of Oz on Grant & Danny bc you never hear from him but you hear about him & he’s behind the curtin.

I know others don't believe it but Dan's days are numbered. He won't own this team next year.

• Like 1