Week 5 Thread: (2-2) Titans @ (1-3) Commanders

MikeT14

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’ll actually go further & say definitely not. We’ve been there with Kirk before & we played Kirk and entire season in 2015 even after he made some really poor decisions to start the season like the Jets game sticks out in my memory for sure but he got the entire 2015 season to turn it around & ended up leading us to the division championship.

Now, I don’t see anyway that happens this season but although part of me does want to bench Wentz, yesterdays performance was better than we had seen the previous two weeks, so he shouldn’t get benched right now & if Howell was starting we wouldn’t have benched him bc of the way that game ended yesterday. He’s get a much longer leash.

Howell won’t cost us a second round pick in a lost season. Wentz will absolutely not be back next year and they have to bench him to save the pick. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Howell won’t cost us a second round pick in a lost season. Wentz will absolutely not be back next year and they have to bench him to save the pick. 

At this point, I definitely agree with this. We are looking at a top 5 pick easily. The difference between a top 5 2nd rounder and a top 5 3rd rounder is substantial. With the season pretty much a loss at this point, dont hurt the franchise more because you think you can salvage anything. Bench Wentz, put him 3rd on the depth chart and start the rookie. I'd rather a rookie with growing pains over a vet making the same mistakes repeatedly. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

At this point, I definitely agree with this. We are looking at a top 5 pick easily. The difference between a top 5 2nd rounder and a top 5 3rd rounder is substantial. With the season pretty much a loss at this point, dont hurt the franchise more because you think you can salvage anything. Bench Wentz, put him 3rd on the depth chart and start the rookie. I'd rather a rookie with growing pains over a vet making the same mistakes repeatedly. 

If we bench Wentz to protect our second - we might as well cut him tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Troublez said:

If we bench Wentz to protect our second - we might as well cut him tbh. 

No point to cutting him and letting him sign somewhere else to divulge all of our playbook and strategy info. They are paying him money for this season, just bench him. Cutting him now could have serious negative impact. 

4 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

We are not drafting a qb next year and that I’m pretty sure it’s going to be Sam Howell or wentz in 23’.

Wentz won't be back next year. There is simply no way Snyder is paying him nearly $30M to suck especially if the talk of him hurting for cash is true. Bringing Wentz and Rivera back next year is just asking for trouble. The stadium is completely empty except for opposing fans. The brand is dead. They made no attempt to tie this thing to the teams history and fans are dropping off left and right. The only thing that could possibly resurrect this franchise (save from Snyder being forced to sell) is a young, exciting talent at QB. So either they find out what Howell is after we lose to the Bears or they take Stroud/Levis/Young because there's no other path to bringing fans back. 

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Wentz won't be back next year. There is simply no way Snyder is paying him nearly $30M to suck especially if the talk of him hurting for cash is true. Bringing Wentz and Rivera back next year is just asking for trouble. The stadium is completely empty except for opposing fans. The brand is dead. They made no attempt to tie this thing to the teams history and fans are dropping off left and right. The only thing that could possibly resurrect this franchise (save from Snyder being forced to sell) is a young, exciting talent at QB. So either they find out what Howell is after we lose to the Bears or they take Stroud/Levis/Young because there's no other path to bringing fans back. 

Depends on the situation this season but I ,absolutely do not want Ron Rivera drafting a QB. I want us to hire Ben Johnson and start over including firing everybody in the front office .

Edited by IHatesnyder

21 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

We are not drafting a qb next year and that I’m pretty sure it’s going to be Sam Howell or wentz in 23’.

It all depends on what our record is. If we don’t win near 7 wins, it’s probably 1 and done for Wentz. Yeah, Howell will be there but if you have a top 10 pick in next years draft taking a QB would make most sense.

Just now, IHatesnyder said:

Depends on the situation this season but I ,absolutely do not want Ron Rivera drafting a QB. I want us to hire Ben Johnson and start over including firing everybody in the front office and just start over .

And we are going to be stupid and bench Wentz for Henickie . I already know Ron Rivera wants to get 8 or 9 wins somehow with his 5 year plan.

They'll play Howell. Howell can push the ball down the field and their biggest issue with Heinecke was his arm limiting the offense. He might see some time against the Bears but my guess is Howell is your starter by week 9. Wentz will just be made inactive. 

1 minute ago, IHatesnyder said:

Depends on the situation this season but I ,absolutely do not want Ron Rivera drafting a QB. I want us to hire Ben Johnson and start over including firing everybody in the front office and just start over .

And we are going to be stupid and bench Wentz for Henickie . I already know Ron Rivera wants to get 8 or 9 wins somehow with his 5 year plan.

We don’t have any control over whether Ron is the one picking out next QB. Obviously in a perfect would I’d want him fired & a young great mind as a GM & offensive mind taking one next QB but, if Rivera is still here, he may do that also.