Week 5 Thread: (2-2) Titans @ (1-3) Commanders

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Did Ron...

Who is in <checks notes>... YEAR THREE of his tenure as Coach/GM...

Say in his Presser...

That there's still plenty of football left and it's gonna take time and nothing happens overnight???

Did I hear that correctly??

Man, that is PRICELESS. And should be grounds for removal as his brain is clearly demented.

Year 3.

We are worse than the team Gruden passed to him. And this team has no heart and no identity.

Most of all, no talent (*)

(*) no talent overall. But there are a few spots where we have good players

That’s exactly what I just said on Twitter. If I heard a coach say that after a loss - our 4th in a row - it would be grounds for dismissal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, butz65 said:

Thanks for that, but our coverage still seems pretty bad. 

Yep, that’s bc Fuller, WJ3 & McCain aren’t plying well & they make up $28 million in cap space. WJ3 is our 2nd highest paid player after Wentz and he’s playing like straight up booty! 

• Like 2

Also, just saw the last pass for the first time. Atrocious play. Double covered RB. Stared him down the whole time. NEVER looked anywhere else, forced the pass into a tight window (that wouldn't have resulted in a TD anyway because of where McKissic was). I'm glad I missed the game.

#FIREEVERYONE

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

Things are bad, and honestly I don’t think as much as the organization wants him to, Ron won’t survive this offseason.

And you’re hearing it here, I know he had a decent game today, but Carson Wentz’ season hangs in the balance of this Thursday night game.

• Like 1

Also looking ahead at the schedule, there’s 2 (unfortunately) winnable games, this week against Chicago, and in a few weeks against the Colts. If we don’t get a win against those 2 or the Texans, the wheels are all the way off then, and we could be staring at 1-12 I reckon heading into the bye.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

I seriously hope this crap show thinks thats possible and doesnt put a ton of faith in developing Sam Howell. 

I don't care what the numbers say about Carson Wentz, he is a sack of trash. 

I honestly do not want C.J. Stroud or Bryce Young. Ohio State QB's and Alabama QB's don't pan out in the NFL and it's extremely obvious. 

Of course with my sig, I would love Will Levis. 

Wentz is forcing the ball, holding the ball, moon balling deep throws, and believe me, Dyami Brown bailed him out both times with phenominal catches. 

Frankly, keep Wentz in and keep losing. Don't put in Heinicke thinking you can salvage a season. 

Worst outcome would be a late rally and we end up with picks 10th to 16th where we really can’t land a top qb prospect 

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This. Putting Heinecke or Howell in means we win more games. At 1-4 we're picking 3rd. Might as well keep that or get higher with playing Wentz. And then bench him before the 12th week so that 3rd doesn't turn into a 2nd.

I think either way, after this Thursday, we need to start giving Howell and Heinicke some snaps with the 1st team

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, let’s go with the inconsistent Levis one-year wonder. Sounds like a great plan.

Ok, turtle, can you tell me any Ohio State or Alabama QB that has had a significant starting role?

What I like about Levis is his quick release, size, is not a single read QB, is succeeding at a lesser SEC school with less significant talent. And this would be his 2nd year as a starter. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Ok, turtle, can you tell me any Ohio State or Alabama QB that has had a significant starting role?

What I like about Levis is his quick release, size, is not a single read QB, is succeeding at a lesser SEC school with less significant talent. And this would be his 2nd year as a starter. 

Alabama qb seem to work