Week 5 Thread: (2-2) Titans @ (1-3) Commanders

MikeT14

6 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

No they don't. Bailey Zappe in NE is playing better than Mac Jones. Tua can't stay healthy and was not lighting the world on fire either. 

There are no other starting Alabama QB's

I know he transferred but I’m not just calling Jalen Hurts an Oklahoma QB. If anything he’s like Alahoma or Oklabama

8 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

No they don't. Bailey Zappe in NE is playing better than Mac Jones. Tua can't stay healthy and was not lighting the world on fire either. 

There are no other starting Alabama QB's

Zappe is better than Jones? What are you basing this on? Just curious. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

Ok, turtle, can you tell me any Ohio State or Alabama QB that has had a significant starting role?

What I like about Levis is his quick release, size, is not a single read QB, is succeeding at a lesser SEC school with less significant talent. And this would be his 2nd year as a starter. 

Can you give me a Kentucky QB who’s even been a starter in the NFL? By you’re criteria, that would eliminate Levis from your consideration too.

By using your logic there are so many QBs who went to different schools who became good or great starters that never should’ve even been drafted.

The argument that bc a school has never produced a good starting QB ever so you shouldn’t draft a QB from that school makes absolutely zero sense. You draft players on their individual ability, not on what players may or may have not done after being drafted from that school once they got to the pros.

I could rattle off dozens of QBs who shouldn’t have ever been drafted if we’re using your method including some of the greatest QBs of all time like Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning (can’t take him bc Heath Shuler was a bust!), Tom Brady (can’t take him bc Harbaugh couldn’t win big games), Michael Vick, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers. Matt Stafford, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow etc are all undraftable bc there wasn’t a great QB drafted before them at their college.

Do you understand now how silly that position is?

You draft players on their abilities, not by where they did or didn’t go to college.

56 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Zappe is better than Jones? What are you basing this on? Just curious. 

https://musketfire.com/2022/10/09/possible-bailey-zappe-better-mac-jones/

While this is an opinion piece, it does point out that Mac Jones as the starter has shown to be a much less effective starter than when Zappe is in. 

I tend to agree and don't believe Jones would be a significant starter to warrant a QB competition, at least after the season. 

• Like 1

Everything has pretty much been worse than I expected. I didn't expect the guard combo we brought in to be THAT much worse than last year, but it's been an abject disaster. Wentz has done full Wentz - flashes of brilliance and flashes of the apocalypse. When his line actually DOES block for him, he waits for the sack or misses the throw. I thought Sweat would get home more. I didn't think our secondary would regress. 

There is no seemingly no run game or play action to execute. The defense, while stronger lately than at the start, still gives up giant plays at inopportune times. They also can't cause a turnover to save their life (I think we're -7 right now?).

I heard WJIII got benched. That's hilarious. These Ron press conferences are getting more and more ironic. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Didn’t Joe Burrow spend more time at Ohio State than LSU? 

Didn't he win the Heisman and National Championship at LSU? I love when people reach on irrelevant details opposed to what they actually do at another school. 

Jalen Hurts went to Alabama and transferred to Oklahoma. Up until this season, Hurts was being considered to be replaced. Many analysts had questioned Hurts being the weakest link of the offense. 

Still waiting for someone to prove me wrong about the schools from the last 20 years. Joe Namath was 69' and would be a statistical outlier in this comparison. 

I just don't understand the love for QB's from Alabama or Ohio State...

1 minute ago, Ghostnote said:

Didn't he win the Heisman and National Championship at LSU? I love when people reach on irrelevant details opposed to what they actually do at another school. 

Jalen Hurts went to Alabama and transferred to Oklahoma. Up until this season, Hurts was being considered to be replaced. Many analysts had questioned Hurts being the weakest link of the offense. 

Still waiting for someone to prove me wrong about the schools from the last 20 years. Joe Namath was 69' and would be a statistical outlier in this comparison. 

I just don't understand the love for QB's from Alabama or Ohio State...

How is that irrelevant? He spent more time developing at OSU than LSU and LSU isn’t exactly a QB development haven. It just seems like an incredibly silly reason not to draft someone.