2022 GDT Week Five Da 1-3 Steelers Visit the 3-1 Bills

Steeler Hitman

368997125-frustration.jpg

Definition of frustrated: Feeling or expressing distress and annoyance, especially because of inability to change or achieve something:

I.E. Watching the Steelers make mistakes, turn the ball over, and lose football games each week. 

Now that I have had my childish rant/hissy fit. 

Steelers-Bills.jpg

Sunday, October 9 at 1:00 pm at Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park, NY

tfpzpf2ca251p3s7kxwb.jpg

The Kenny Pickett era officially kicked off the second half of the Jets game.

sgg1eiyoo1mqhwhsqrog.jpg

Steelers defense on the field too long again and running out of gas in the fourth quarter.

bq3pgctytumd01nw85mf.jpg

Minkah Fitzpatrick for NFL DPOY.  Unfortunately the Steelers will have to win some more games. The award is not typically given to those individuals on teams with losing records. With the Steelers at 1-3 and the next seven games on the schedule are brutal, the Steelers will need to do a complete 180. 

la8sbvgojwdjgjee7uaw.jpg

This picture summarizes the 2022 Steelers through the first four games.  So close to connecting on something good, missing the opportunity, and our opponents cashing in on the timely miscue.  They say luck is where hard work, preparation, and effort meet.  The effort, results, and opportunities have leaned to the Patriots, Browns, and Jets who seem to have wanted to win more than the Steelers. 

xrih4lj58g0f6rbz8uml.jpg

Hopefully the youthful enthusiasm will be a shot in the arm for the Steelers.

15312871.jpeg

As much of a Steelers homer as I am, I can realistically see Josh Allen and the Bills hang 40 points on the Steelers who are struggling to put up more than 20 points a game without help from the defense. 

a2211a0ce8776f80b475d8b5341811f2.jpg

Tremaine Edmonds and company may be licking their chops to get at a rookie QB (Pickett).

91c105bd9d999976a0cbd33af1c205e0

Fans are beginning to get upset at HC Mike Tomlin. Great phrases and cute words have played out.

boy-sticking-tongue-out_38652.jpg

Roses are red, Violets are blue, this team stinks, and our OC  does too! 😁🤓

Mitch and Matt have been the brunt of many jokes and criticism, but the execution of play by the offense has not helped either. It has been pretty pathetic and downright ugly. Tipped passes that go for int's, untimely penalties that stop drive, not able to possess the football or flip the field consistently. The defense has been run into the gound and is firing on half of its cylinders. Yes it is ugly and will probably be much uglier in Buffalo.

giphy.gif

This is what you get when you are 1-3. We hate losing. Maybe we (Steelers fans) are spoiled, but the teams play hasn't helped any either. 

Edited by Steeler Hitman
Correction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Not with the defense as banged up as it is. If the defense was at full health, I'd agree wholeheartedly. 

Their defense is pretty banged up too.

If Pickett ends the day with one turnover or less I think we at least keep it close. I do worry about the Bills defense a bit as they strictly run zone and that will be much tougher for Pickett to navigate. 

Just some Matt Canada oddities just from that little thread. 

1) you will see this elsewhere too, but it’s fairly comical just how many times you see us run the same play on a flipped side.

2) it again just seems like Canada has no feel for what’s happening with the defense. The first time with Trubisky we get a full 5 man route. It pulls the corner down and gives a good look to Pickens on the deep over from the slot. 

On the Pickett play, we max protect against a 4 man rush. There’s no route shorter than 15 yards and it’s a two man route against 7 in coverage. That’s asking a lot of your rookie QB who was thrown in off the bench, especially when both routes end in the MOF where all the muck is. 

Maybe Kenny changes the protection? But they are not showing any pressure, so I think that’s doubtful. It’s just like last week against the browns with 2, 3 man routes. Teams are not that concerned with our drop back game to feel the need to send pressure all game. We need to account for that. 

There’s just a constant theme of so little margin of error in these simplistic play calls. That’s a lot to ask if Mitch and now a rookie.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

He actually did say post game he changed protections on this and other plays. 

I listened back to his post game and hear reference to shifting protections, but didn’t hear specifically for this play. It can be tough to tell, but I see no communication that would say he did watching it back nor do they show any signs of sending pressure to cause it. 

Could be, but stills feels unlikely here.This was first and 10 with 6 minutes and a 3 point lead, seems likely to be a called shot.