2022 GDT Week Five Da 1-3 Steelers Visit the 3-1 Bills

Steeler Hitman

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

This is literally the exact same thing I’m saying. 

If you are lumping all "hot" assistant coaches in together and using Hackett as the "moral" of their hires ...then no, I don't think we are saying the same things. Hackett had the same amount of years in the league running an offensive room as McFleur, O'Connell, and McDaniel combined. 

These are not the same. So when you say its the moral of the story for a group, I don't agree. There's way more to the story. Hackett is more a lesson in a tiger not changing its stripes, not avoiding the hot candidate. He was mediocre at best on his own, here he is as again being mediocre/bad on his own on a larger stage. No one should be suprised. 

15 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

If you are lumping all "hot" assistant coaches in together and using Hackett as the "moral" of their hires ...then no, I don't think we are saying the same things. Hackett had the same amount of years in the league running an offensive room as McFleur, O'Connell, and McDaniel combined. 

These are not the same. So when you say its the moral of the story for a group, I don't agree. There's way more to the story. Hackett is more a lesson in a tiger not changing its stripes, not avoiding the hot candidate. He was mediocre at best on his own, here he is as again being mediocre/bad on his own on a larger stage. No one should be suprised. 

You are literally disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing right now.

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

You are literally disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing right now.

I completely disagree with you that Hackett is the moral of "hot" assistant hiring cycles. Not sure that's disagreeing to disagree. Hackett and Mike McDaniel are not the same. You can't lump them together and say you will learn the same lesson. You are painting with a really broad brush. 

28 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

A "hot" hiring doesn't have to be a young guy. Hackett was a "hot" hire because he looked great with GB under Lafleur, after putting up the league's best offense. Mcdaniel was a young "hot" hiring, Hackett was an experienced "hot" hiring. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

A "hot" hiring doesn't have to be a young guy. Hackett was a "hot" hire because he looked great with GB under Lafleur, after putting up the league's best offense. Mcdaniel was a young "hot" hiring, Hackett was an experienced "hot" hiring. 

Guys.....the majority of coaching hires are "hot" hires. It's literally how the league works. It's generally HC retreads (Doug Peterson, Lovie Smith, Ron Rivera) or "hot" hires. And do you how how those retreads got their start? .....they were hot hires. 

Lumping all of these things together and pointing to one person as the moral is completely narrative driven. 

Mike McDaniel has ZERO track record on his own. 

Nathanial Hackett HAS A TRACK RECORD ON HIS OWN. And here it is....

Saying Nathaniel Hackett is the MORAL for an entire group of different scenarios is incredibly misleading. War's initial comment which I replied to, "Yes play calling HCs are on the rise, but hiring their assistants isn’t producing the results many thought it would". This is why I responded that I disagreed in the first place -- you are lumping in an EXPERIENCED OC's who ran their own room in the past with guys who haven't and claiming one is the moral for all. There is more to Hacketts story (above) than just being an OC under play calling LaFluer. You can't ignore that to try to define a point. 

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Uhh...Steelers are absolutely underdogs.  Rightfully so.   Kenny is acknowledging reality.   Stop whining Von.    Not like it matters, anyway.

Von is an idiot. The reporter started Kenny’s question with a stat about how we are historic underdogs this week. Ironic that Von is getting on Kenny about making something out of nothing, when Von is the one actually guilty of this.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Play Action rates under Canada:

Ben - 18%; 73.3 RTG
Mitch - 17%; 105.2 RTG
Kenny - 37%; 122.7 RTG

To add to this, Carter and his host bring up the idea that maybe they felt more comfortable with Kenny executing play action than Mitch. This along with the multiple quotes of Kenny having more autonomy to change the play at the line than Mitch…really makes you wonder why Mitch was every starting over Kenny in the first place. 

• Like 2

Knox and Poyer being out are both significant. Crowder is already ruled out, if Isaiah McKenzie gets ruled out as well the Bills will be very thin on pass catchers. For a team that can’t run the ball that’s not ideal. With that being said, this could mean JA just targets Diggs 20 times and he toasts us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Knox and Poyer being out are both significant. Crowder is already ruled out, if Isaiah McKenzie gets ruled out as well the Bills will be very thin on pass catchers. For a team that can’t run the ball that’s not ideal. With that being said, this could mean JA just targets Diggs 20 times and he toasts us.

I think Sutton is probably the only guy that can stay with Diggs. I don't trust Witherspoon against the shifty guys. Hopefully Sutton's game against Jamarr Chase will help him play against a similar WR in Diggs.