GDT Week 5 - Cincinnati Bengals (2-2) @ Baltimore Ravens (2-2) - SNF

wackywabbit

3 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

This is just an insane evaluation. Faalele was receiving an extra blocker to double team pretty much every passing play. On the deciding play vs. the Bills he got no help and was whupped within .5 seconds, causing Lamar to have to run around and miss Duvernay for the game winning TD. 

So going back and watching Faalele more closely, he did play worse than I originally thought but he did absolutely not receive as much help as you're implying he did. He got some chip blocks every now and again but the majority of pass snaps he's by himself on an island.

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The offense has scored 18 points in the 4th quarter this year through 5 games. 

We need to get much, much better at continuing to score and closing out games late.

Big matchup against Wink next week to see if we can right the ship offensively 

The easiest fix is just running Lamar more often as we saw on the last drive last night. I know we don't want to, but he's not throwing it well enough to justify not running right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So going back and watching Faalele more closely, he did play worse than I originally thought but he did absolutely not receive as much help as you're implying he did. He got some chip blocks every now and again but the majority of pass snaps he's by himself on an island.

Maybe I exaggerated there, but I think in most obvious passing situations Faalele was given significant help. 

I like him as a prospect but his footspeed is just too slow now to rely on him at LT. 

Kid is also a high first round pick who, like our other recent first round picks on defense, looks like a project player drafted in the 5th round.

You stay mad all the time. He's a high 1st round pick, yes. Give it a season before you dump on him. 

Oweh also has the most pressures by any LB in the NFL, it's just not turning into sacks and sure he's a bit of a liability in the run game. Stop overstating things just because you're an emotional fan. 

26 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

We need to get much, much better at continuing to score and closing out games late.

Agreed. This was an okay stat when we were closing out games and running it down the defenses throat. 

That isn't the case this year. We need to improve as a 2nd half team, especially in the 4th.

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 1

Kid is also a high first round pick who, like our other recent first round picks on defense, looks like a project player drafted in the 5th round.

Outside of his mistakes in the Dolphins game, the All-22 reviews of his play have been encouraging. He also made a game winning type play with that FF vs the Pats. 

There's not really anything to be concerned about with Hamilton. If anything we're lucky that we have so many strong options at the Safety position, which allows us to be flexible with their deployment. Geno Stone is a good player that deserves to see the field and he's also more of a true FS than Kyle Hamilton atp. So it made sense that he stepped into Marcus Williams' role for the game.

Marlon Humphrey was picked at #16 and it wasn't until late in the season that coaches consistently gave him heavy snap counts. Didn't even get to start until Jimmy went down with his Achilles. 

Should be fun to see Hamilton get more time as the season progresses. 

36 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I would love to be better in the 4th quarter, but as of now the Ravens are 3rd in points scored and 4th in yards per play. The offense is pretty damn good (especially given the rise in defense so far in 2022). 

Getting Stanley and then Gus back will help us tremendously putting games away in the 4th q. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

You stay mad all the time. He's a high 1st round pick, yes. Give it a season before you dump on him. 

Oweh also has the most pressures by any LB in the NFL, it's just not turning into sacks and sure he's a bit of a liability in the run game. Stop overstating things just because you're an emotional fan. 

It's not emotional if it's backed by statistics. Through 5 games he has:

6 solo tackles

1 FF

0 INT

1 PD with 8 targets and 7 receptions allowed

I know he's a rotational safety but those just aren't good stats, especially the targets in coverage. Not to mention the mental mistakes he made in the MIA game that allowed 2(?) touchdowns, and the DPI last night that on the drive that ended up being our goal line stand thanks to Marcus Peters.

What is Oweh's pressure rate compared to other OLB's and his pass rush win rate? He's playing >90% of snaps I'd hope he has more bulk pressures than dudes playing 40-60%. I will say he looked better last night in spurts using actual moves and he got jipped at least twice by blatant holds. Still doesn't change the fact that he's been pretty awful this year in every phase of the game.

From what I can gather he's not top 10 in PRWR:

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F1004%2Fr1070770_1280x720_16%2D9.jpg&w=570&format=jpg

but i have no access to these actual stats.

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

All the talk this week is going to be about Martindale but I’m scared of Barkley. Our line was getting blown off the ball last night. Cincy could’ve kept running it down our throat if they wanted to. This could be the week our run D gets exposed like the pass D has.

Was more of a scheme choice this week. We gave up the run and short passes to limit big plays.

Doubt we'll play the Giants the same way.

Edited by M.10.E

14 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I don't even think Lamar is actually reading it in this situation. He wants the ball to ice the game. We ran the exact same play to the left right after this and it worked the same way. These designed runs for Lamar near the end of games have gone so well for us when Lamar is able to get north/south and doesn't have to run sideways.

• Like 1