Week 5 Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, DawgX said:

Lol you must be joking. That was a soft call, but so was the Delpit one. Plus, the refs totally missed the no call where Ekeler should have been penalized, AND then penalized the Browns for complaining about the no call.

Just bad officiating. It's hardly favoring the Browns.

And like I said, hilarious that you seem to forget about how trash the officiating was last year in LAC's favor.

That was not a crack block by Ekeler, he was play side.

Plus the 10 yard long hold on Parham, on 3rd and goal.

Plus the Mike Williams arm grabbed on 4th and 2.

Plus the batted down pass when the guy was yanking the OL facemask.

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

"Does not have a losing season..."

Logic like that is exactly why Tomlin is so overrated.

Except Steelers fans are losing their **** at 1-3. Same people who try to knock not having a losing season sure do whine at the first sign of a losing season.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

You're all so damn spoiled that winning every year and making the playoffs constantly is grounds to get fired after the first truly bad year with a bad roster and a bad QB situation.

Spoken like someone who rarely watches the Steelers and knows nothing about Tomlin besides what they hear on BSPN.

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Houston getting shafted. 

Catch, steps, control obvious. 

Just because Travis Etienne doesn't know how to carry a football doesn't make it "not a catch".

especially since the NFL already ruled this as a catch + football move + fumble:

https://www.patriots.com/video/jonathan-jones-rips-out-the-football-from-rashod-bateman-to-force-turnover

• Like 1

Just now, iknowcool said:

Didn't that use to be the case or am I remembering wrong?  

I think that there was a weird rule where you could go to a third QB but if you did you couldn't go back to the first or second? That feels like a mid 90s rule that I remember. I don't know how that was set up (if the third QB counted as one of the actual active players or not pre-game). 

Just now, 43M said:

Spoken like someone who rarely watches the Steelers and knows nothing about Tomlin besides what they hear on BSPN.

I watch plenty of Steelers games to know the problem isn't some abstract notion of bad coaching and that if you're taking this year, where the roster is objectively bad and there is no QB continuity, to fire your coach then you're absolutely just acting hysterical over the first sign of *real* adversity that every other franchise deals with routinely.