Week 11 GDT: Bills @ Chargers- Savior Peterman Edition

Kmart128

I just want the people who own and run this franchise to care as much about winning as I do.

I have been rooting for this team since Todd freaking Collins flamed out as the anointed successor, I've suffered through 18 years of the worst, most mediocre football imaginable. Where we have never aside from ONCE been bad enough to get a franchise changing talent (who we traded for nothing) and yet have never managed to ever be good enough to be in legitimate, real contention for a playoff spot come week 15.

I just for once in my god damn life want one of these miserable franchises I root for to actively give a **** about winning. Is that too hard to ask? For ONE team out of four to finally win SOMETHING? I'd take a god damn miracle 9-7 back asswards fall into the playoffs year at this point and be happy. Just give me something. Something to root for. Something to cling on too. Something to have hope about. 

I mean I understand benching Tyrod, from McDermott’s perspective. We were in a downward spiral regardless. Took a gamble, and it obviously was horrific. Accept that you ****ed up in thinking that Peterman even had a shot at being as good as Tyrod, and put Taylor back in as the starter next week.

I think as a lot of people have said, that we planned on being complete garbage and getting a top QB next year and have Tyrod start this year and probably next year until the QBOTF was ready, winning screwed that whole plan up, so we took a risk hoping we caught a Dak Prescott and got lucky AF with a playoff spot. Bite the bullet, put Tyrod back in and move on.

I really thought Terry and Kim would build the right culture here but as @Thelonebillsfan said, keeping Russ Brandon as long as they have tells me all I need to know, about the Sabres and the Bills. At least the Sabres have Jack Eichel, the Bills have absolutely nothing. There isn’t a single corner stone player on our roster, and the only thing even close to one is a running back closing in on 30. 

We have a couple of good secondary pieces in KB, and Tre, I think Hyde, and Poyer are serviceable because of their price tag. Lawson hasn’t worked out like we’d hope a first round pass rusher would. Jerry Hughes doesn’t exist anymore, Kyle is old, and our linebackers are probably the worst in the league.

We have a below average team, and no top young talent. We do have a lot of assets in the draft, hopefully Beane is the answer, but I have zero faith in that. I reallllly like McDermott. I really really do, but he’s not going to last either because no one ******* lasts in the black hole that is Buffalo.

I honestly at this point kinda wish Trump had bought the team. At least he'd be Al Davis like in his desire to win to stroke his own ego (plus it probably avoids the whole him as president thing).

The Pegula's, I'm sure are nice people with good hearts, but this is just another investment to them. They don't care if the team wins or loses or whatever as long as asses are in seats and people buy the merch. It's a money generator that they can put absolutely minimal effort into and turn a profit.

This upcoming draft is the next 5+ years of this franchise, if they mess this up, there is no saving this old, untalented, grasping for any kind of speed or tackling ability team. There are holes all over this roster and it sure doesn't look like it's gonna be an easy fix at this point. We have needed a complete and total house cleaning here for the longest time and there hasn't been one. Either a FO stays or a coaching staff stays or both. We need to commit to a direction, we need to commit to a philosophy, we need to commit to a way to build this franchise. Because if you were to describe this team in one word over the playoff drought, it would be Directionless. This team doesn't know what it wants to be. And as such, it's basically just the NFL's farm team, where talent goes to build itself up before leaving to go get more money and playing time elsewhere.

You're telling me we couldn't have kept Chris Hogan? Marquise Goodwin? Gillie? Any of these guys who flashed potential on the cheap? Why do we trade players to the Patriots of all teams? The Giants don't trade players to the Eagles, the Steelers don't trade players to the Ravens, and the Patriots sure as hell don't trade players to us or the Jets. So why are we giving the primary rival in the division what basically amounts to high reward, cost effective talent?

I'm ******* bombed right now and I just can't hold this crap in anymore. This franchise is TERRIBLY run. Why is Russ Brandon still here? Why? Hasn't attendance DECLINED since he took over? Have we done literally anything other than lose every year? **** we couldn't give Doug Marrone a contract and LOOK AT WHAT HE TURNED THE GOD DAMN JAGUARS INTO. 

God this team makes me depressed because I love them so god damn much, I have been wearing a Buffalo Bills beanie that I have had for 15 years all god damn day today because I love this team, I have always loved this team, I will always love this team. I just want them to be good for once in my life.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Man as long as we have something that doesn't suck to build around. Pretty sure you could suit up at QB and be better, at least you're scary to some of these cats lol.

LOL, well I'd be happy to give it a shot. Don't have the greatest arm, but maybe we can just throw a bunch of slants and screens and get the ball out of my hand fast haha. Or I can just run the wildcat and have DiMarco and Tolbert block for me. I'm sure I could get 3 yds/carry just based on my size/strength alone B|

4 minutes ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

LOL, well I'd be happy to give it a shot. Don't have the greatest arm, but maybe we can just throw a bunch of slants and screens and get the ball out of my hand fast haha. Or I can just run the wildcat and have DiMarco and Tolbert block for me. I'm sure I could get 3 yds/carry just based on my size/strength alone B|

I'd pay to see it tbqh. I'd help but I'm pretty sure my knees would explode the minute I tried to drop back. xD

I'm honestly struggling to see where we win another game this year. We are awful at just about everything. The Dolphins and Colts are bad but it's hard to think that we're remotely better than them at anything. McDermott is going to have his hands full trying to get guys to remain committed to "the process".

11 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

This is my hope too.

And as @Counselor said, the 49ers are likely our best bet.

The Niners are still several players away. And if they don't fall in love with Barkley... it would be a good way for them to add some talent. They could get a Bryce Love later and another player. Matter of fact I think I'll incorporate this into my next mock.

38 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

If we traded up do you think we’d use both firsts this year or one and a future first?

I'd bet it would cost us 2 1st rounders and then some if we wanted Rosen. I'd be OK with that. Between Darnold and Rosen, Rosen seemed to have the most composure by far. It's not like I don't think Darnold has arm talent, but he looked like he was playing panicked that whole game. Rosen was under pressure too, but he seemed to deal with it way better. It also looked like he had a noticeably quicker release, whereas Darnold looked like he wound up. I honestly thought Mayfield looked better than Darnold and I don't even feel comfortable going after Mayfield due to his childish behavior vs. Kansas. Give me Rosen and I'll be very, very happy!

Archived