Brett Hundley depreciation thread

Lunch Pail

18 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

How many 25 and under quarterbacks with three 100 + QBR games will be available next year?  You willing to make a bet on it? 

If we receive the 146th overall pick or better, I win.  If we receive nothing, you win. 

If I win, you stop laughing at opinions without adding anything other than "This is wrong." 

If you win, I'll start saying, "Lol, you're wrong."  And then just not say anything or give a point or counterpoint or anything to back my claim.

"No reason to think  that GMs are thinking of him as their starting QB..." 

People in here bring up his numbers compared to other quarterbacks.  I could say that he has a better QB rating than Tom Brady over the past two weeks.  I could say that he had a better game against the Steelers than any other QB to play them this year and you would respond with, "No reason..."

This is happening more and more here and it's the worst thing.  I'd rather read about somebody trying to convince me that Brett Hundley is the best QB in NFL history if they provided points to back up their crap opinion than people come in and say, "Aaron Rodgers is the best QB ever."  and not say anything to back up their claim. 

I only say those things to you though, because I find it laughable how you do not accept anyone else's opinion and just reverberate your garbage every day. I tried blocking you twice but you end up arguing with everyone and threads become so hard to read

Hundley has terrible pocket presence. He misses easy throws. He gets stuck looking to one side of the field far too often. He does, however, play better on the road and late in games for some reason. That alone I wouldn't think is enough to make someone look at him as a starter. Plus he looks like an idiot in that helmet and his birth certificate is clearly false because he looks like hes 40. 

Some people don't have time to sit and type out massive blocks of text where you compare whatever numbers suit your argument, because they are busy leading lives. 

edit: sorry cwood, I'll take my warning

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

Hundley has terrible pocket presence. He misses easy throws. He gets stuck looking to one side of the field far too often. He does, however, play better on the road and late in games for some reason.

That wasn't that hard, and you're not wrong.  That's all I'm asking.  I'm not even asking you to stop being a ****.  I can take it.  If you're going to be a ****, at least provide an argument while you do it. 

Say whatever you want about me and it's probably true, but don't say I don't provide an argument. 

And the reason it's impossible to read this forum without me is because if it wasn't for me, it would be a giant circle... conversation where everybody toes the line and agrees with everybody because they'd be afraid of having a different opinion.

This thread is a classic case of people thinking too highly of their own guys. Nobody is giving a draft pick for Hundley. What has he shown that makes him different than any other backup QB in the league?

This team went 3-5 with Hundley and needed OT to beat two of the worst teams in the league. 

As with Randall, I'm not yet ready to throw in the towel on Hundley. Some of the issues have obviously been outlined to death, and more or less it can be agreed upon that the issues are valid. Then I think back to some of Rodgers' initial spot duty time, and I've changed my mind on Hundley. Yes, he's been through the QB camps, and training camps (where he wears a red jersey) and minimal pre-season games. Sometimes you have to be hit in the mouth in order to really see how some of those teachings come into play. Rodgers looked horrendous in a couple of his early mop up duties. Now that Hundley has been bloodied, another off season and training camp will allow him to fully take things in with real life perspective and any playing time next year will really tell the story. That's where I'm at

On 12/12/2017 at 11:18 PM, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

When Aaron broke his collarbone the first time Flynn went 2-4-1. 

Hundley went 3-5.

Actually, Flynn started 4 games for GB in 2013.  He went 2-2 with 7 TD and 4 INT, and that was with a bad elbow on his throwing arm.  The bad elbow was a big factor in why Flynn flamed out after leaving GB.

8 hours ago, Brad gluckman said:

This thread is a classic case of people thinking too highly of their own guys. Nobody is giving a draft pick for Hundley. What has he shown that makes him different than any other backup QB in the league?

Three 100+ passer rating games.  Two 3 TD games.  Two overtime game winning drives.

One 100+ passer rating game.  One 3 TD game.  Zero wins. 

Three 100+ passer rating games (16 starts and all three came in first 4 weeks). Zero 3 TD games. Zero game winning drives. 

Those are the "rookie" seasons of Hundley, Wentz and Goff.  Which ones are which?  Hundley at the top, Goff and then Wentz.  Hundley has had more damn good games than either of them and with less starts.

The arrogance is astounding when it comes to whether or not Hundley could be traded.  He has literally shown more improvement through his first year as a starter than either Goff or Wentz, and both of them were top five overall picks.  He's had bad games and looked like he should be a developmental league QB at times, but so did Wentz and Goff, and their horrible games came late in their first years as starters.  Goff had a 35 passer rating in his second to last game as a rookie.  Wentz had a 52 passer rating game in his third to last game of his rookie year. 

Hundley was also the highest rated QB in the preseason his first year.  He's shown more than Jimmy Garroppolo ever did, and Garroppolo was just traded.

Like AG said, Hundley showed a mixed bag of good and bad.  If a GM thinks that the good can improve and the bad can be fixed, you better damn well believe they'll be offering something for Hundley. 

Pretty arrogant to think that some of the QB-less teams or potentially QB-less teams (Browns, Steelers, Broncos, Redskins, Ravens, Cardinals, Jets, Bills, Dolphins) would spend a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick on a rookie with zero NFL experience instead of sending a 4th or 3rd round pick for a QB that has played his best football late in games.

I think it's another case of people being so terrified of being wrong that they just say there's no chance it will happen so they can be pleasantly surprised if they're wrong.  And if they are wrong and Hundley is traded, they'll just say they thought he had an outside chance of being traded because nobody will go back and look up whether or not they said that. 

Because everybody here was definitely supporting Davante Adams during his bad year.  Definitely. 

This team went 3-5 with Hundley and needed OT to beat two of the worst teams in the league. 

How many backup quarterbacks win two overtime games in their first years as a starter while having the best game against a top defense in the league? 

If I had to bet, I'd bet Hundley won't get traded, but I'm positive there will be some inquiries.  You don't ignore what Hundley has shown if you're a GM of a team without a QB.  It's not every year a 24-year-old QB shows what Hundley showed this year. 

Hundley showed some promise in his 8 starts, but he also showed his not likely to step in and succeed at QB1 quite yet.  I have a tough time imagining any team looking at Hundley as anything beyond someone who is still two years away from being a quality starter.  That's someone you draft or pick up in FA, not someone you trade for.

21 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Three 100+ passer rating games.  Two 3 TD games.  Two overtime game winning drives.

One 100+ passer rating game.  One 3 TD game.  Zero wins. 

Three 100+ passer rating games (16 starts and all three came in first 4 weeks). Zero 3 TD games. Zero game winning drives. 

Those are the "rookie" seasons of Hundley, Wentz and Goff.  Which ones are which?  Hundley at the top, Goff and then Wentz.  Hundley has had more damn good games than either of them and with less starts.

The arrogance is astounding when it comes to whether or not Hundley could be traded.  He has literally shown more improvement through his first year as a starter than either Goff or Wentz, and both of them were top five overall picks.  He's had bad games and looked like he should be a developmental league QB at times, but so did Wentz and Goff, and their horrible games came late in their first years as starters.  Goff had a 35 passer rating in his second to last game as a rookie.  Wentz had a 52 passer rating game in his third to last game of his rookie year. 

Hundley was also the highest rated QB in the preseason his first year.  He's shown more than Jimmy Garroppolo ever did, and Garroppolo was just traded.

Like AG said, Hundley showed a mixed bag of good and bad.  If a GM thinks that the good can improve and the bad can be fixed, you better damn well believe they'll be offering something for Hundley. 

Pretty arrogant to think that some of the QB-less teams or potentially QB-less teams (Browns, Steelers, Broncos, Redskins, Ravens, Cardinals, Jets, Bills, Dolphins) would spend a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick on a rookie with zero NFL experience instead of sending a 4th or 3rd round pick for a QB that has played his best football late in games.

I think it's another case of people being so terrified of being wrong that they just say there's no chance it will happen so they can be pleasantly surprised if they're wrong.  And if they are wrong and Hundley is traded, they'll just say they thought he had an outside chance of being traded because nobody will go back and look up whether or not they said that. 

Because everybody here was definitely supporting Davante Adams during his bad year.  Definitely. 

How many backup quarterbacks win two overtime games in their first years as a starter while having the best game against a top defense in the league? 

If I had to bet, I'd bet Hundley won't get traded, but I'm positive there will be some inquiries.  You don't ignore what Hundley has shown if you're a GM of a team without a QB.  It's not every year a 24-year-old QB shows what Hundley showed this year. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5858970

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5858970

Matt Flynn signed an 8 million dollar contract with the Seahawks when everybody knew he didn't have an arm and you think it's absolutely impossible insane that Hundley, arm and maneuverability and escapability and 2 overtime wins, could be traded for higher than the 147th overall pick? 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Matt Flynn signed an 8 million dollar contract with the Seahawks when everybody knew he didn't have an arm and you think it's absolutely impossible insane that Hundley, arm and maneuverability and escapability and 2 overtime wins, could be traded for higher than the 147th overall pick? 

Insane? Of course not. I certainly don't think it happens myself. I've been wrong plenty. I wouldn't put money on it, I'll put it that way.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Insane? Of course not. I certainly don't think it happens myself. I've been wrong plenty. I wouldn't put money on it, I'll put it that way.

Neither would I, but once again, people are so allergic to the idea of something good happening that they think it's a 100% impossibility.  A lot of people here don't have a backbone, so even arguing that something is possible is somehow laughable and worthy of ridicule. 

Off the top of my head:

1. It would be impossible to sign Bakhtiari to under 14 million a year.
2. Bakhtiari would never be a franchise LT.
3. The Packers running game would be crap this year.
4. Davante Adams would never turn his career around.
5. Nick Perry was a bust.
6. There was no way the Packers could make the playoffs last year.
7. There was no way the Packers could beat the Giants.
8. There was no way the Packers could beat the Cowboys.
9. Randall was a bust.
10. Aaron Rodgers wasn't coming back for the Panthers game.
11. There was no way the Packers could make the playoffs the last time Rodgers was hurt.

Literally every single one of those things people blatantly ridiculed if anybody said anything to the contrary on this site.  Literally every single one of those things was proven to be wrong.  It gets old when people here are so spineless, gutless and pessimistic that literally anything positive is impossible based on at least 5 straight years of impossible good things coming true. 

I literally hate this site because of people like that. 

And now it's impossible we could get anything for Hundley. 

Jacoby Brissett was traded for a first round receiver and he had literally 0 touchdown passes and two starts, but it's FRUCKING impossible we could get anything for Hundley.

Cardale FRUCKING Jones was traded for a 7th round pick. 

I don't even think Hundley will be traded, but to act like it's effing impossible and will never happen is just... Well, it's worse than dumb.  Somebody can't help it if they're dumb.  Their brain just isn't capable of things.  You can't blame dumb people.  You can blame people for willful stupidity. 

11 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Neither would I, but once again, people are so allergic to the idea of something good happening that they think it's a 100% impossibility.  A lot of people here don't have a backbone, so even arguing that something is possible is somehow laughable and worthy of ridicule. 

Off the top of my head:

1. It would be impossible to sign Bakhtiari to under 14 million a year.
2. Bakhtiari would never be a franchise LT.
3. The Packers running game would be crap this year.
4. Davante Adams would never turn his career around.
5. Nick Perry was a bust.
6. There was no way the Packers could make the playoffs last year.
7. There was no way the Packers could beat the Giants.
8. There was no way the Packers could beat the Cowboys.
9. Randall was a bust.
10. Aaron Rodgers wasn't coming back for the Panthers game.
11. There was no way the Packers could make the playoffs the last time Rodgers was hurt.

Literally every single one of those things people blatantly ridiculed if anybody said anything to the contrary on this site.  Literally every single one of those things was proven to be wrong.  It gets old when people here are so spineless, gutless and pessimistic that literally anything positive is impossible based on at least 5 straight years of impossible good things coming true. 

I literally hate this site because of people like that. 

And now it's impossible we could get anything for Hundley. 

Jacoby Brissett was traded for a first round receiver and he had literally 0 touchdown passes and two starts, but it's FRUCKING impossible we could get anything for Hundley.

Cardale FRUCKING Jones was traded for a 7th round pick. 

I don't even think Hundley will be traded, but to act like it's effing impossible and will never happen is just... Well, it's worse than dumb.  Somebody can't help it if they're dumb.  Their brain just isn't capable of things.  You can't blame dumb people.  You can blame people for willful stupidity. 

You know how much I agree...I wasn't trying to insult you

Archived