Brett Hundley depreciation thread

Lunch Pail

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I just realized how funny 1 and 2 are together. Nah he sucks. Never mind! But he won't be cheap!!

You have to go back and look at that thread.  Literally over half the people here didn't want us to re-sign him and they used the fact that he would be too expensive and that he wasn't that good.  It wasn't until after we signed Bakhtiari to his current deal that he turned really, really good in pass protection. 

Hundley has the reigns of  a team coming off a NFC championship game and a "QB guru " coach that is "highly successful ".

Wentz takes over a 7-9 team with a rookie coach

Goff is yoyoed around by Jeff ".500" Fischer

Just putting some added context around the comparison of the 3 QB'S .

Hundley has improved from start 1 to start 7.  He could garner some interest.  He will also be in the last year of his rookie deal.

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Hundley has the reigns of  a team coming off a NFC championship game and a "QB guru " coach that is "highly successful ".

Hundley has improved from start 1 to start 7.  He could garner some interest.  He will also be in the last year of his rookie deal.

Goff and Wentz were taken 1-2 and Hundley was a 5th round draft pick.  Brett has improved but he ain't gonna be as good as those other 2 guys.

Just now, squire12 said:

Yeah, I don't want it to seem like I'm comparing Hundley's potential to Goff/Wentz.  I'm just saying, when it comes to quarterbacks, his first year as a starter measures up to quarterbacks who went on to show franchise potential.  My only point in all of this is that Hundley is going to get GMs looking at him as an option. 

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Question is where?....SF has Garappolo now....Don't see Chicago doing any thing except looking to replace Fox as HC....Cleveland's set.....Wouldn't rule out somebody putting him on their roster for depth, but why not just stay in GB?......He knows the system and probably is more of a Doug Pedersen type QB any how....Ride behind the starter, spell when necessary...

Just now, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Question is where?....SF has Garappolo now....Don't see Chicago doing any thing except looking to replace Fox as HC....Cleveland's set.....Wouldn't rule out somebody putting him on their roster for depth, but why not just stay in GB?......He knows the system and probably is more of a Doug Pedersen type QB any how....Ride behind the starter, spell when necessary...

Cleveland is far from set, especially considering they have a new GM with ties to Green Bay, who may be hiring a new head coach with ties to Green Bay (maybe even somebody on our staff right now). 

Roethlisberger might retire.  Dolphins could save a lot of money if they're not convinced on Tannehill.  Broncos, Redskins, Ravens could all seek to add competition or add a starter at all.  Jets, Cardinals and Bills, too. 

If you don't like or aren't in position to draft one of the top quarterbacks, what's better, waiting until next year or taking a fourth round flyer on a player with proven success in the NFL? 

I would be fine with GB spending more than they typically do at QB2 to retain Hundley for an additional 3 years.  It's time to start prepping for the post-Rodgers era, and retaining Hundley through 2021 would put Hundley in a good position to be ready when the time came.  I seriously doubt GB trades Hundley this off-season just because the value won't be there.  If Hundley gets a solid offer elsewhere after 2018, I'd fully expect him to take it.  If he's available heading into 2019, it seems like Hundley would be worth retaining as a legit QB2 behind Rodgers that still has some upside.  Even if Rodgers does continue cruising along heading into 2021, I think it's likely that Hundley would be a more tradeable commodity after the 2020 season vs what he is now. 

37 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

would be fine with GB spending more than they typically do at QB2 to retain Hundley for an additional 3 years.  It's time to start prepping for the post-Rodgers era, and retaining Hundley through 2021 would put Hundley in a good position to be ready when the time came.  I

i disagree. hundley should not be part of the post rodgers era

2 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Anyone concerned with the lack of looks Aaron gave Jordy in the first half? He really looks about done if I'm being honest..

If we are having an honest conversation, he looked done last year. His stats did not tell the story. 

Archived