Brett Hundley depreciation thread

Lunch Pail

I say we draft a guy 3rd, 4th round this year and let him and Hundley battle it out for the backup position next year. Hundley isn't impressing but he is getting big time game experience which is huge and shouldn't go unnoticed. I don't think the urgency to trade Hundley or even worry about his situation should be there anymore. 

On 12/7/2017 at 10:25 AM, cooters22 said:

I say we draft a guy 3rd, 4th round this year and let him and Hundley battle it out for the backup position next year. Hundley isn't impressing but he is getting big time game experience which is huge and shouldn't go unnoticed. I don't think the urgency to trade Hundley or even worry about his situation should be there anymore. 

I'm sorry, I'm not investing a 3rd or 4th round pick into a guy whose going to be at best the backup to Rodgers until his contract is over.  That's a poor use of resources.  I'm not opposed to bringing in competition for Hundley, but using a semi-premium pick on that player is a terrible idea.  We have bigger needs to fill.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We should be able to get a 1st round pick for Hundley. Guy is legit so long as he never takes a snap at Lambeau Field.

When we hurried and ran a lot of that empty stuff later on in the game, he looked pretty comfortable for once.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm sorry, I'm not investing a 3rd or 4th round pick into a guy whose going to be at best the backup to Rodgers until his contract is over.  That's a poor use of resources.  I'm not opposed to bringing in competition for Hundley, but using a semi-premium pick on that player is a terrible idea.  We have bigger needs to fill.

Might as well throw a bit of dough as a vet if you're going to do that? Unless someone they absolutely love fell or something.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Might as well throw a bit of dough as a vet if you're going to do that? Unless someone they absolutely love fell or something.

And that likely isn't going to happen either.  The Packers aren't going to cough up anything significant for a veteran QB, and in terms of PT the Packers are probably near the bottom of the list.  If you're a vet QB, why would you come to Green Bay?  "Best" case scenario, you get a player whose ready to hang up the cleats looking for a chance to win a ring and willing to sign for peanuts.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And that likely isn't going to happen either.  The Packers aren't going to cough up anything significant for a veteran QB, and in terms of PT the Packers are probably near the bottom of the list.  If you're a vet QB, why would you come to Green Bay?  "Best" case scenario, you get a player whose ready to hang up the cleats looking for a chance to win a ring and willing to sign for peanuts.

True. I don't have insight to backup QBs mindsets, but I'm sure 99% want a chance to play from the guy getting benched and not just injury. 

I guess you could possibly finagle one through a cheap trade.

Just now, squire12 said:

Would a veteran QB like Sanchez, Matt Moore be an option as a backup in GB?

I'd love it if it was, but I don't think it is.  I think those types of quarterbacks like to sign with teams where the starter isn't Aaron Rodgers.

That said, Hundley suddenly turned into not horrible.  Can't say it's been horrible teams because he played the Steelers better than any QB this year. 

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Hundley's fourth quarter/clutch performances probably have the attention of at least one GM.  He's gotten his TD/INT ratio even. 

It only takes one GM to think Hundley can be his guy ... hopefully someone fell in love and is willing to send us a quality pick .. or maybe flip flop picks with us somewhere along the way.  I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see.  I think Hundley might have shown just enough to make someone out there actually value him.  I wouldn't opposed to him staying around as Rodgers backup, but you have to figure the guy will want an opportunity to fight for a starting job with another team at some point..

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Look at New England. Jimmy is a great backup and they got interest back when they traded him

Archived