BDL 2022 Week 5 - Anchorage Trappers @ Greenland Polar Bears

RedGold

Who Wins?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Anchorage Trappers
    • Greenland Polar Bears

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2022 at 04:00 AM

I think both teams did a really good job here honestly honestly I think they are both really good game plans.

There are 2 things however that stick out to me that are problematic. One of them I already addressed, I'm not a big fan of starting a rookie corner at safety when hes never shown the ability to do it, Regardless of the fact that he is playing well I think he is someone that the opposition can certainly take advantage of playing out of position as a rookie.

But the bigger part for me is Kenny Pickett. Don't get me wrong can you pick it looks like hes got a good future ahead of him, But right now he is not a difference maker. He has not shown a great deal of success to this point and he has only played 1.5 games.

The reality is Greenland is you know really hard spot to navigate with quarterbacks so they are doing everything they can unfortunately at the moment in my opinion it is crippling their success. I've gotta go with Anchorage here where the quarterback experience exists.

• Like 1

I have ZERO issue with starting him at Safety, because most corners make good safeties later in their careers, so it's absolutely reasonable that a ball hawk corner makes a legit great safety. My issue is overcoming Kenny Pickett at QB. For that reason, I give the nod to Anchorage.

I don't know what to make of this one. I actually rather like the Greenland game plan overall, as I don't think Anchorage anticipated heavy runs and safe throws out of a 4 WR base. But then you have Kenny Pickett, who has done nothing at the NFL level to show he's a competent starter, starting at QB. And then a rookie CB who has never played safety starting.

Greenland needs to stop ******* around and play good players at the positions they belong at. This trying to be cute business or proving a point or whatever it is, not working for me. Anchorage in a snoozefest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't know what to make of this one. I actually rather like the Greenland game plan overall, as I don't think Anchorage anticipated heavy runs and safe throws out of a 4 WR base. But then you have Kenny Pickett, who has done nothing at the NFL level to show he's a competent starter, starting at QB. And then a rookie CB who has never played safety starting.

Greenland needs to stop ******* around and play good players at the positions they belong at. This trying to be cute business or proving a point or whatever it is, not working for me. Anchorage in a snoozefest.

Meh have Fulton in the nickel for his run stopping ability and Budda at Dime to help against the run as well. Press look will keep our dbs up for any quick/safe throws. Big bodies stay inside against 4 wide there’s no swapping the interior for lighter players for extra pass rush like I did week 1 or 2 I can’t remember. But I respect your opinion. 

6 hours ago, Blue said:

So who do you suggest I play at qb...mariota lol.  Pickett is already 10 times better than him.

Who do you suggest I play at safety...no one (didn't we already have that discussion) lmao

Pickett just threw for over 300 yards against one of the best defenses in the nfl.  Id take Pickett over 80-90% of the QB's in the NFL right now, dude has one of the best arm talents to come into the NFL in years.  Give me Pickett in this league and the NFL over has been hacks like Rogers, Wilson, etc

Id take Woolen at safely over 90% of the safeties in the game right now 

Don't tell me I need to stop ******* around when it is literally my only ******* option to play those guys and actually a good one with a good gameplan to manage having to play those guys.  

6 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

So who do you suggest I play at qb...mariota lol.  Pickett is already 10 times better than him.

Who do you suggest I play at safety...no one (didn't we already have that discussion) lmao

Pickett just threw for over 300 yards against one of the best defenses in the nfl.  Id take Pickett over 80-90% of the QB's in the NFL right now, dude has one of the best arm talents to come into the NFL in years.  Give me Pickett in this league and the NFL over has been hacks like Rogers, Wilson, etc

Don't tell me I need to stop ******* around when it is literally my only ******* option to play those guys and actually a good one with a good gameplan to manage having to play those guys.  

aidy bryant dancing GIF by HULU

Nothing and I do mean nothing suggests suggests that Kenny Pickett is 10 times better than Marcus Mariota.  I am a steeler fan who watches every ******* game you're not gonna sit here and tell me that Kenny Pickett a quarterback of a team that just lost by 5 touchdowns hes better than a quarterback who is keeping his team at least competitive.

6 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

This might be the most delusional uneducated post on football that I have ever is ever seen in years.