Week 6 Thread: Commanders (1-4) at Bears (2-3) - Thursday on Prime Video. MikeT14 will be at the game!

MikeT14

12 hours ago, e16bball said:

Sadly, no one is going to see @MikeT14 on the broadcast, because he's behind the goalposts. He should have gotten tickets on one of the 30 yard lines, where this entire game is going to be played.

Ironically all 19 points scored were on the other side of the field. I did get to witness the end up close though!

Notes from the game

1) The Bears fans we were near were awesome. Had a lot of fun with them mostly commiserating in our problems. I appreciated them. 

2) Soldier Field was cool. I liked it. 

3) Fields stinks. It was bad live. We dodged a bullet. 

4) Wentz missed a lot of reads and had a lot of “too early” throws. 

I would like to add something.

As rough a night Wentz had in an ugly win.

He threw a strike right to Samuels over the middle for a TD that SHOULD have been caught.

So, for as much crap Wentz gets? He's putting these players in position to make plays & they're not helping him.

We heard all training camp about their acrobatic catches & wow plays in practice.

They need to be making these plays in the game, when opportunity is there.

It's pretty aggravating watching Wentz gets shellacked behind the O-line, when dropping back.

Then when he finally delivers, some of these players are dropping the ball when it counts.

I guess my point is....

There's more blame to go around besides Wentz & the O-line.

Last night was real ugly. But ugly wins are still wins. Everyone was saying the same things after week 1. Oh we just beat Jacksonville they're terrible it doesn't mean anything. Heaven forbid we ever enjoy a win right? Wentz struggled at the beginning of last year too and then they went on a tear. If you want to say they are better than us look at them this year with Matt Ryan. IF Scott Turner can ever figure out how to call plays this is going to be a whole different season, unfortunately it's not likely going to happen. This team has talent, the coaches need to figure out how to use it rather than have the players adjust to their scheme. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Last night was real ugly. But ugly wins are still wins. Everyone was saying the same things after week 1. Oh we just beat Jacksonville they're terrible it doesn't mean anything. Heaven forbid we ever enjoy a win right? Wentz struggled at the beginning of last year too and then they went on a tear. If you want to say they are better than us look at them this year with Matt Ryan. IF Scott Turner can ever figure out how to call plays this is going to be a whole different season, unfortunately it's not likely going to happen. This team has talent, the coaches need to figure out how to use it rather than have the players adjust to their scheme. 

We won because they muffed a punt and refused to kick field goals. We literally couldn’t move the ball down the field. The only scoring drive we had that led to a field goal was aided by two suspect PI calls.

Nothing about last night was a win. It doesn’t feel like a win. It just feels like the Bears made mistakes and we won because they tried not too. Carson Wentz didn’t even throw for 100 yards. He tried to throw multiple interceptions and the Bears just dropped them. We’re scoring an average of 11 ppg. 

This is why winning last night was so damaging. People are already making excuses for how poorly Wentz played. “Oh man, he threw an awesome block” “he was so tough” yadda yadda yadda. HE THREW FOR 99 YARDS! NINETY NINE! In an NFL game. Justin Fields was terrible and still threw for more yards. We can’t win like this. There won’t be a run and now they’re going to continue trotting Wentz out there because they “won”. If they blow a second round pick on this dummy it will just be devastating 

Edited by lavar703