Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

Just now, Packerraymond said:

This is all heresay and assumption. Angry fans desire to be angry. 

This team just shipped off the GOAT QB last season, lol that the players dont think the team won't part with them if they have to.

It's all fine. New staff will be built in January like is normal. You either fire your playcaller midseason to make a playoff push or you fire them after the season. A few games left is just odd timing.

Watch Bryce Young light this defense up like Richard Pryor running down the street on fire from his crack pipe.

True or false, Barry should have been fired at the end of last season? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Watch Bryce Young light this defense up like Richard Pryor running down the street on fire from his crack pipe.

What worries me more is Barry calls good games down the stretch.  Not sure that is even a possibility tho...

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is all heresay and assumption. Angry fans desire to be angry. 

This team just shipped off the GOAT QB last season, lol that the players dont think the team won't part with them if they have to.

It's all fine. New staff will be built in January like is normal. You either fire your playcaller midseason to make a playoff push or you fire them after the season. A few games left is just odd timing.

It would be a knee jerk reaction.

Like firing a head coach after an embarrassing home loss against the Cardinals.

Or cutting a punt returner after he continued to muff punts.

I mean, we've done it, but off the top of my head, those are two instances over a lot of years.  So, yeah, it is unlikely that he's gone this season.

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If Bryce Young does in fact carve us up for a victory, then a knee jerk reaction should be in order, regardless of where we are at in the season and regardless of who we have to replace him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Go with co-coordinaters the remainder of the year .. Montgomery/Williams.  It can't be worse than the last two weeks.  Maybe the players rally around their coaches and show some pride.  As it is now they know they are sheep being lead to the slaughter.

At least this is a thought I can understand.  I don't agree that GB should be having two guys who have never called a game co/manage the defense when the playoffs are still in play with three games remaining.  I just see all of this outrage over Barry not being fired today as a knee-jerk reaction to wanting to see someone punished, rather than wanting to do what gives the team the best chance to win.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I mean, we've done it, but off the top of my head, those are two instances over a lot of years.  So, yeah, it is unlikely that he's gone this season.

Is firing a guy who had the worst graded secondary performance of the last 5 years, who has never led an average NFL defense in his entire career really knee jerk? Seems more like a final straw to me.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

If Bryce Young does in fact carve us up for a victory, then a knee jerk reaction should be in order, regardless of where we are at in the season and regardless of who we have to replace him.

But not after Danny DeGuido and Baker ******* Mayfield did it? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Ty Montgomery

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

Is firing a guy who had the worst graded secondary performance of the last 5 years, who has never led an average NFL defense in his entire career really knee jerk? Seems more like a final straw to me.

Great point.

I stand corrected.  It would not be a knee jerk reaction.  All I cited were final straws.  Knee jerk implies that it was a one off when clearly all of them were not.

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

But not after Danny DeGuido and Baker ******* Mayfield did it? 

Since he's still employed, yes.  And if Carolina crushes us, then yeah, I say he should be gone.

But he isn't now.  

Your constant complaining about it doesn't change that fact.  Though I wish it would.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

At least this is a thought I can understand.  I don't agree that GB should be having two guys who have never called a game co/manage the defense when the playoffs are still in play with three games remaining.  I just see all of this outrage over Barry not being fired today as a knee-jerk reaction to wanting to see someone punished, rather than wanting to do what gives the team the best chance to win.

That's kind of the problem. Is Barry really the Best Chance to Win? Does his track record really warrant that description?

• Like 2