Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

4 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

If there isn't a candidate to replace Barry on the staff, and that seems to be the obvious case, there's no reason to fire Barry at this point. Just ride it out and avoid any potential mutiny. 

They're all getting canned on Black Monday. 

Be careful, you'll be called Pro-Barry for this take. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

By doing exactly what might cause the mutiny?  Doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm sure Barry has loyalists on that staff. Most of the players too, probably. He's the one taking the bullets in the press.

If none of the staff are going to be back next season it's a better idea at this point to just fire them all in three weeks. It's not like there's a candidate here who deserves some type of three week audition. 

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

He's lost the players already.  You remove him just like you would remove a player who has fared terribly

The move needs to be made to show coaching accountability to the players.   

I know I need glasses, but when I read that, I saw "you would remove a player who has farted terribly."  And?  That made my day.

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

Wait.  Matt LaFleur a great coach?

Yeah .. I thought that was a little over the top.  I think he has done a good job on the offensive side for the most part, but it took him several weeks to finally let Love cut it loose.  I know a big part of that was trust issues with #10, and I get it.  All told I give him high marks as an offensive coach.  He's done a nice job with this offensive cast.  His coaching hires are terrible.  I was all on board with Rich B, but that's looking pretty suspect.  The Barry hire is all-time bad.  The coaching staff in general is mid.  I give LaFleur an overall grade of C.  

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So why didn't LaFleur (who's in the room with those guys a few more times a week than Squire is) give one of them the opportunity and fire Barry? Let's critically think on this.....

Are you sure MLF is in the room? 

Because MLF doesn’t have the balls to move off Barry

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. I thought that was a little over the top.  I think he has done a good job on the offensive side for the most part, but it took him several weeks to finally let Love cut it loose.  I know a big part of that was trust issues with #10, and I get it.  All told I give him high marks as an offensive coach.  He's done a nice job with this offensive cast.  His coaching hires are terrible.  I was all on board with Rich B, but that's looking pretty suspect.  The Barry hire is all-time bad.  The coaching staff in general is mid.  I give LaFleur an overall grade of C.  

I've seen great coaches.  MLF ain't one of them.  I don't think he's even in the league of very good coaches...yet.  But I'd label him as good right now.

I'd give him a C as well.  Maybe a B-, but that's splitting hairs.

After all, this is the guy who has stated a few times that he's been outcoached this year.